Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? (3480 Views)

My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful / Wife Makes Hurtful Comments (curses?) To Me. What To Do? / Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by 5minsmadness: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
lepasharon:

How was it your fault that her marriage was messed up?
First born. If she hadn't had me,maybe she wouldnt have married him.
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by lepasharon(f): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
5minsmadness:
First born. If she hadn't had me,maybe she wouldnt have married him.

So ur mom was pregnant with you and therefore she had to marry ur dad? How is that ur fault? Some parents sha !..sorry
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
pamcode: i thought as much but are u a medical std u know not many pple would use dat vocabulary u used dere

Yeah, I am.
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by clemz85(m): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2014
sseunth: you are a bastard

And U share it wit me?
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by sseunth(m): 6:10am On Sep 24, 2014
clemz85:

And U share it wit me?
are you asking me?
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by fr3do(m): 7:56am On Sep 24, 2014
'Keep quite'
My mom is very virtuous, she doesn't curse.
My dad doesn't either, but he is very annoying.
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2014
smiley what about ur dad.

I thought urs would be that they lost a few billion nairas
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by Rosarie(f): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
onila:
pple usually remember the hurtful things pple tell them

that means yr parents didnt rain insults on you
not true ma bro i am one person i choose to live a life to forget hurtful words and forge ahead
ma dad is good at insults cos he is jealous we love our mom to him
but ma mom hates insults
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
My dad once told me, "You this girl, don't make me hate you, because if I do you'll not bear my name again" mehn I felt like letting the ground swallowing me. Why he said that was because my step mum told him was disrespecting her. Since then I don't relate with my dad like before.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by natureblack(m): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
onila:
my mother told me she hates me

I was like 15 years old

what of you?
"what of you" indeed tongue
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 20, 2014
I was a pretty obedient child so didn't get yelled at much but I hated to eat.i would pick at my food. I didn't eat garri because Okro soup and Ogbono were slimy and reminded me of runny nose,egusi reminded me of poop . 1 liked rice but if I saw a piece of cooked onion in the stew or piece of unground crayfish in food,the eating was over,so they had to look at my food carefully to pick those out.

I heard these words a lot from my mom and my aunt who was our nanny.

"Eat your food,everytime you refuse to eat,see how you are looking like a skeleton"

"One day that bone on your neck will poke somebody"

" you look like the bone of a fish "

" ogwu azu"

They called me ogwu azu ( fish bone) a lot and it hurt so much as a kid
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by dein77(m): 6:18am On Nov 20, 2014
A lot of hurtful words were hurled at me. The most painful was: 'you're of no use to me'......

Those words really diminished my personality. They gave me an unhealthy self esteem.

I was compared with other kids. I was being constantly disgraced. I was alone.

Today, by His grace, I'm useful, not only to my parents, but to the larger society.

As I became born again, I had to forgive them and move on. Today, my parents see a loving, helpful, and wealthy son in me.

However, due to the pains I experienced as a kid, I grew up never insulting people. Till death, I prefer the rod over the words. Words kill slowly!

Being insulted by those who are supposed to be your friends and parents can be a terrible experience.

Today, no matter the anger, I will never hurl insults at my kids. My wife won't even dear because she knows how angry I can be with her.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by onila(f): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
smiley
Re: What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? by OneNaira6: 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
You're an ediot, them no make you with brain. Infact I don't think your mind was created. It's just an empty skull there. You're just a disgrace to us.----my dad, 2009

Mind you this above insult was because I got an F in PE since i kept skipping that class. Keep in mind I aced every other classes but All he saw was that F.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Know A Husband Beater And Abuser / How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? / ABOMINATION!! Wife Catches Husband Having Sex With Their Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.