Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

“abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters (799 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by opeyemisteph: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
A igerian military intelligence source has told SaharaReporters that the top Boko Haram figure killed in a recent operation was one Bashir Mohammed, leader of the Islamist sect’s Uye camp.

Cameroonian authorities yesterday released a photo of a dead man they identified as Abubakar Shekau, the loquacious and attention-seeking leader of the terrorist group that has launched deadly strikes in Nigeria’s northeast zone as well as Cameroon.

The Nigerian intelligence source told SaharaReporters that Nigerian soldiers, not Cameroonian troops, had killed Mr. Bashir last Friday in a fierce battle against Boko Haram insurgents in Konduga, Borno State. The late Mr. Bashir, who bore a striking resemblance to Abubakar Shekau and had appeared in a recent video, was killed as he led insurgents who were attempting to capture Konduga and then made a bid to seize Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, as well. Nigerian soldiers routed the Islamist militants in Konduga, killing hundreds of them and capturing weapons as well as vehicles abandoned by fleeing insurgents.

The military as well as Nigerian government-appointed negotiators claim that the original Mr. Shekau had died since last year, reportedly assassinated by his lieutenants.

The intelligence source said Mr. Bashir had adopted Mr. Shekau’s nom deguere and had been the person responsible for issuing video messages in recent times.

Even though our source said the military was cautious not to claim credit for Mr. “Shekau’s” death, he added that the Nigerian military was buoyed by the capture of the armored tank usually displayed in the background of recent videos issued by the sect’s spokesman.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/22/%E2%80%9Cabubakar-shekau%E2%80%9D-killed-was-one-bashir-mohammed
Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Something was telling me it was all lies
Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by segzyj(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
I see
Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by lonelydora: 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Whether they like it or not Book haram will be a thing of the past
Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by brainpower(m): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
I think its time we started asking sahara reporters how they get their news. Its as if they hvae sources everywhere about boko haram even in the president's bedroom. If they really have such sources I think it will go a long way if they releaved these sources cos they seem to be the ones giving boko haram info about our military too. So I think it will be patriotic of them to reveal these people rather than hidng them to male money and have more followers while the country is burning. Makes me wonder if they don't actually have a connection to boko haram.

3 Likes

Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
brainpower: I think its time we started asking sahara reporters how they get their news. Its as if they hvae sources everywhere about boko haram even in the president's bedroom. If they really have such sources I think it will go a long way if they releaved these sources cos they seem to be the ones giving boko haram info about our military too. So I think it will be patriotic of them to reveal these people rather than hidng them to male money and have more followers while the country is burning. Makes me wonder if they don't actually have a connection to boko haram.

You have some points too, valid ones at that.
Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by omenka(m): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
As much as we all wanna see Shakau's body beng fed to pigs, only a fool might have thought those two faces were identical. Said that in my post yesterday. Guy definitely wasn't Shekau.
Re: “abubakar Shekau” Killed Was One Bashir Mohammed - Sahara Reporters by atlwireles: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
Nigerian intelligence talking to sahara reporters? What a bunch of lies. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The US Just Started Bombing Syria. This Syrian Man Is Live-tweeting The Strikes / Artistes And Politics; The Big Gap In Between / Nigeria Tops Food-importing Nations’ List – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.