Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? (1737 Views)

Any African Who Accepts Foreign Religion, Christianity Or Islam Is A Traitor ? / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress. / Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by UyiIredia(m): 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Martian:

Yes.......No..........What?
grin see free madness sha!
Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by DeepSight(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
UyiIredia:
Well, I have not given up yet and I don't intend to. I hate unfinished projects. I must convince at least one atheist on Nairaland; there are still some who have hope. Some I would rather ignore. I don't think that bizarre experience comes to everyone; some dose of good talking, some hope and some prayers are my only alternatives.

If you are determined to carry on, my advise will be to try and train your sights on the most reasonable and sincere ones. Mazaje comes to mind. Perhaps one or two others. The rest are a complete waste of time, and this includes many useless theists too. So before wasting your time, try to first separate the wheat from the chaff.

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by plaetton: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
DeepSight:

If you are determined to carry on, my advise will be to try and train your sights on the most reasonable and sincere ones. Mazaje comes to mind. Perhaps one or two others. The rest are a complete waste of time, and this includes many useless theists too. So before wasting your time, try to first separate the wheat from the chaff.
onL

Uyi has turned out to be the most schizophrenic of all the goddists on NL.

One can see that this poor fellow is clearly mired in great portracted conflicts with his mind,... and it's hard to say which side is winning at any given time.

His only hope is that he is young and might find himself someday.

That you take this this pitifully tangled mind seriously, perhaps as your young acolyte, bespeaks much about your own mind, O' eloquent sire. cheesy

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by logicboy01: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton: onL

Uyi has turned out to be the most schizophrenic of all the goddists on NL.

One can see that this poor fellow is clearly mired in great portracted conflicts with his mind,... and it's hard to say which side is winning at any given time.

His only hope is that he is young and might find himself someday.

That you take this this pitifully tangled mind seriously, perhaps as your young acolyte, bespeaks much about your own mind, O' eloquent sire. cheesy

lol.....I was just laughing at the the foolishness.

Uyi is one of the most confused souls here on NL (alongside bolaino) when it comes to beliefs. Christian to deist to atheist to spiritualist to deist to new age christian.......

Methinks Deepsight too is a lil confused too.......its easy to get lost in those big words and sophistry.....

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by plaetton: 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
logicboy01:

Uyi is one of the most confused souls here on NL (alongside bolaino) when it comes to beliefs. Christian to deist to atheist to spiritualist to deist to new age christian.......

Methinks Deepsight too is a lil confused too.......its easy to get lost in those big words and sophistry.....

When you create an entire universe with words alone, I can see how one can easily get lost in that tangled web of words.

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
@op, I think we are very gradually shedding ties to these imported religions. There are signs of deeper thinking among many of our people, as the years and effects of islamic invasions, and later western colonization, fade into distant memory. I give it another 20 - 30 years and we will surely see a genuine revival in indigenous religion and philosophy.

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by DeepSight(m): 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
^^^^ I hope so
Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by DeepSight(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
logicboy01:

That's the life of a true seeker. But never mind.
Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by pimplucious: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
ROSSIKE: @op, I think we are very gradually shedding ties to these imported religions. There are signs of deeper thinking among many of our people, as the years and effects of islamic invasions, and later western colonization, fade into distant memory. I give it another 20 - 30 years and we will surely see a genuine revival in indigenous religion and philosophy.

From what is on ground, It's probably going to take more that 30yrs unless we take a very drastic spiritual mass reorientation which more people will definitely fight against than fight for.

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Traditional religons wiill NEVER make a significant come-back in Nigeria. That ship has long sailed when our ancestors naively gobbled up foreign religions roots and all. In the South East where I'm from, they're much more likely to destroy shrines than to erect them. Only in the SW, of the major groups, is there a significant but still small proportion of those with a consciousness of their religious roots. It's not like a China or India who never abandoned their roots the way we did.

Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by logicboy01: 3:33am On Sep 29, 2014
DeepSight:

That's the life of a true seeker. But never mind.

Seeker of what?
Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2014
*covers himself with the blood of Jesus and fire of the Holy Ghost before commenting*
Because our gods no get swag. Which of our gods fit turn water to 'hot', or dance azonto on water?? Show me god wey fly pass Jesus and I go follow am.......on twitter
Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by DeepSight(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
logicboy01:

Seeker of what?

Truth.
Please I am both weary and wary of any further talk, thanks.
Re: Why Do We Embrace Foreign Religion And Culture At The Expense Of Our Own? by logicboy01: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
DeepSight:

Truth.
Please I am both weary and wary of any further talk, thanks.

okay bro

Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? / Christian Daily Bible Quiz / 12 Spiritual Signs To Recognize Your Soul Mate