Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal (31941 Views)

Breaking: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hit By Build Malfunction Like #bendgate / 30 Funniest Apple Iphone 6 Bendgate Jokes & Meme You'll Ever See On The Internet / LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by loswhite(m): 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
maclatunji: #Hehehehehe ... it pays to use your head when you want to buy a product.
when u go to stores to buy new phone, do u perform bending test on your device b4 buying?
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: 10 million sold first 3days....smh haters will always hate no matter what.

Abeg na lie joor... u help dem count am? No be them give the figure?

10million kor... meaning they got more users than before? LIES!!!
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by cao(f): 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
shadrach77: This is no news. The question is not why it bends but why it shouldn't bend. If you apply force on anything made with aluminium or even iron, of course there is the likelyhood of it bending. Why apply force in the first instance? Was it created to withstand that kind of force? Don't mind all these Iphone haters angry angry angry angry angry

When you've paid an obscene amount of money on a product, you expect high standards. You forget the amount of force and pressure your average mobile phone will withstand. How many of you put your phone in your pocket? Now dudes might go on about how roomy their pockets are, but what about the pockets of your skinny jeans? And as any woman will tell you, the pockets on our jeans are just there to remind you not to put anything in them AKA the Michelin Man Effect. Anywho, the amount of force exerted from your thighs to your pocket can be an interesting thing. Even if you use a handbag, there's still activity going on in there.

If you're like me, where my bed is my home AND workspace, then your phone will enjoy some additional punishment. Geez, I actually woke up on my phone today.

Plus, I'm sure we've all enjoyed the endless wonder of taking a long phonecall without the hands-free or speakers. How many times have you used your hands and/or shoulders (AKA the poor man's hands-free)? All these little things (or in the case of me sleeping on my phone - big things) add to the cumulative force applied to your phone and we (the consumer) expect our phone to have long life...as long as we don't actively throw it down a volcano or a flight of stairs...

Plus, some of y'all have a vice-like grip on things. The way some folks hold their controllers, remotes and phones, you'd think they never want to let it go out of fear that it would run away, the instant they loosen their grip.

8 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by walexguru: 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
if u buy this phone make i no lie you, NA WASTING OF MONEY

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by loswhite(m): 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
ewizard1:

Abeg na lie joor... u help dem count am? No be them give the figure?

10million kor... meaning they got more users than before? LIES!!!

are you implying that iPhone users are not up to 10million before nw?
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Forwetinnah: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Why won't the phone bend, when they produce with such cheap materials and sell at such exorbitant prices..apple dey use people brain. The most plain and over hyped gadget ever:- APPLE.

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by akpanikpe(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Make I book space sharpaly , when the original iPhone 6+ land I go comment. grin
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
IAmBhijay: hehehe.............. See as money just burn... grin grin grin

Their units will be replaced. You think its Nigeria?
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Forwetinnah: Why won't the phone bend, when they produce with such cheap materials and sell at such exorbitant prices..apple dey use people brain. The most plain and over hyped gadget ever:- APPLE.

Noisemaker
Is it your money?
Go and use a techno please
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by DaBullIT(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Indomie Phone bendable plastic and touch screen that's the selling point cheesy

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Leopantro: 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bend it like Beckham! $800+ Flexible iPhone
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Demichaels: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Maybe iPhone producers are test running "fold screen series" with iPhone 6+. I NO go pity the people wey buy the fone cos "the bigger the head, the bigger the headache. sometimes e good to be poor at the moment to avoid buying BENDABLE IPHONE 6+ SERIES" LOLZZZZZZZ...

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by maclatunji: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: when u go to stores to buy new phone, do u perform bending test on your device b4 buying?

No, but I look for durability and my needs for having a phone. Not the name or hype.

4 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by generalissimo(m): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
shocked U mean say dis over-hyped iphone6 sef fit do bend-down low shocked .......dem idiots go soon tell u say na innovation

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Demichaels: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nsonaso: Iphone 6+ Reported To Be Easily Bent (pics)

[b] It's very sad that the thousand dollars iPhone 6 plus is not built with a tough and hard metal/aluminum material to prevent the story that touches, considering the price paid for it.....

Several iPhone 6 Plus owners are complaining that their devices have become slightly bent, mere days after buying them.

With this issue gathering increasing amount of attention throughout the day, a crafty YouTube user posted a video, which tests the rigidity of the iPhone 6 Plus. And the phone bent so easily

In order to be fair, the same YouTube user tested the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 under the same circumstances. And the phone doesn't.

The person in the video also observed before the test that his device already displayed slight indentation. The weak spot appears to be on its left side, right below the volume buttons.

We’re looking forward to seeing what Apple has to say about this problem - which has the potential to bother many current (or future) iPhone 6 Plus users.

Source:
Video link ( http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_6_plus_appears_easily_prone_to_accidental_bending-news-9734.php )

1. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-iPhone-6-Plus-units-seemingly-suffer-from-accidental-bending_id60977

2. http://www.phonearena.com/news/More-worrying-evidence-of-the-iPhone-6-Plus-fragility-see-it-easily-getting-bent-on-video_id60985

3. http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/iphone-6-plus-bend-video/

4. http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/iphone-6-plus-bending-pockets/[/b]

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by generalissimo(m): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
ebdib:

Noisemaker
Is it your money?
Go and use a techno please
Why u dey vex Ur papa get shares for Apple coorporation Abi ur brain dey among the components wey dem take do the fone.....Na who say make u no go buy am....btw, u fit afford am tongue

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Awwal1st(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
Exjoker: Na wa o...why the critic on Apple iphone 6 na? I know this is the hand work of samsung
lol grin
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by mrofficial(m): 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
adewasco2k: people can hate ehn, any phone will bend on such a pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

Not any phone.

Did you watch the Samsung Note 3 test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
iPhone 6 na bendable display na. grin grin

What do you expect from a company who just produced their first phablet? They are still an apprentice in that area so they should ask Samsung how to produce rigid phablets.

3 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by dazzler2001: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao:

When you've paid an obscene amount of money on a product, you expect high standards. You forget the amount of force and pressure your average mobile phone will withstand. How many of you put your phone in your pocket? Now dudes might go on about how roomy their pockets are, but what about the pockets of your skinny jeans? And as any woman will tell you, the pockets on our jeans are just there to remind you not to put anything in them AKA the Michelin Man Effect. Anywho, the amount of force exerted from your thighs to your pocket can be an interesting thing. Even if you use a handbag, there's still activity going on in there.

If you're like me, where my bed is my home AND workspace, then your phone will enjoy some additional punishment. Geez, I actually woke up on my phone today.

Plus, I'm sure we've all enjoyed the endless wonder of taking a long phonecall without the hands-free or speakers. How many times have you used your hands and/or shoulders (AKA the poor man's hands-free)? All these little things (or in the case of me sleeping on my phone - big things) add to the cumulative force applied to your phone and we (the consumer) expect our phone to have long life...as long as we don't actively throw it down a volcano or a flight of stairs...

Plus, some of y'all have a vice-like grip on things. The way some folks hold their controllers, remotes and phones, you'd think they never want to let it go out of fear that it would run away, the instant they loosen their grip.

(Quote) (Report) 59347 Likes (Like) (Share)

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by wiringdpt(m): 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
If you apply pressure to a phone that thin, it will surely bend.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by cao(f): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
dazzler2001:

(Quote) (Report) 59347 Likes (Like) (Share)

LWKMD.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
generalissimo: Why u dey vex Ur papa get shares for Apple coorporation Abi ur brain dey among the components wey dem take do the fone.....Na who say make u no go buy am....btw, u fit afford am tongue

I can't possibly respond to someone who spells corporation as coorporation.
Go get an education.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by generalissimo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
ebdib:

I can't possibly respond to someone who spells corporation as coorporation.
Go get an education.
So na typo u wan take fight.... tongue

3 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by talktimi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: when u go to stores to buy new phone, do u perform bending test on your device b4 buying?
well I got pissed off from the Samsung galaxy s 4 when it initially came out because it felt so cheap in my hands (not talking of the price but rather the cheap plasticky feel and weight when compared to an HTC) so build quality actually matters for some people bro
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by loswhite(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
talktimi: well I got pissed off from the Samsung galaxy s 4 when it initially came out because it felt so cheap in my hands (not talking of the price but rather the cheap plasticky feel and weight when compared to an HTC) so build quality actually matters for some people bro
iPhones are very strong and have good quality. I've used 4s and I'm presently using the 5s. Nobody buys a phone and try to bend it. It doesn't make sense. It is not part of the test we perform on phone b4 we buy them, so I don't understand why the op is trying to discredit a very good device

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by loswhite(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
maclatunji:

No, but I look for durability and my needs for having a phone. Not the name or hype.
there are ppl that like to buy hype Or name as u call it, why can't u Js respect their choice? iPhones are durable
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nigerians will never stop defending rubbish!Its so sad that people can be controlled by a brand name..Its high time people became contented with their gadgets than buying any new one released just to outdo your peers..it downright stupid.Apple products have been all hype and no durability..They just have a very good business psyche to know that people buy expensive gadgets to show off without even questioning the durability! if it were a tecno phone that hadthis bending issue the same apple fans will say "that's what you get when you buy a cheap phone". Well cheers to the long lasting,overhyped, unnessarily expensive piece of crap people just wasted their money on!I wonder when people would even get it in their skull that apple products are just living on the goodwill of the brand name which they sustained due to lack of competitors in the smart phone industry.no more no less!

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by mrofficial(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: iPhones are very strong and have good quality. I've used 4s and I'm presently using the 5s. Nobody buys a phone and try to bend it. It doesn't make sense. It is not part of the test we perform on phone b4 we buy them, so I don't understand why the op is trying to discredit a very good device

I'm sure you didn't read the post. Initially, it was not discovered by trying to bend it, it was discovered by people who put iphone 6 plus in the pocket and on bringing it out from the pocket, they noticed the bend.

The same bend test was tried on galaxy note 3 which happened not to bend like the iphone 6 plus.

3 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Blackbeauty: Nigerians will never stop defending rubbish!Its so sad that people can be controlled by a brand name..Its high time people became contented with their gadgets than buying any new one released just to outdo your peers..it downright stupid.Apple products have been all hype and no durability..They just have a very good business psyche to know that people buy expensive gadgets to show off without even questioning the durability! if it were a tecno phone that hadthis bending issue the same apple fans will say "that's what you get when you buy a cheap phone". Well cheers to the long lasting,overhyped, unnessarily expensive piece of crap people just wasted their money on!I wonder when people would even get it in their skull that apple products are just living on the goodwill of the brand name which they sustained due to lack of competitors in the smart phone industry.no more no less!
that's why i like my nokia 6630 with 3G. Always strong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / MTN Confirms Network Glitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.