Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal (31943 Views)

Breaking: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hit By Build Malfunction Like #bendgate / 30 Funniest Apple Iphone 6 Bendgate Jokes & Meme You'll Ever See On The Internet / LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
I rep Blackberry Passport wink

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by okonja(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
JideTheBlogger: I rep Blackberry Passport wink

Yes ooo
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by redcliff: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
ChiSun27: Just lyk d Z10 series...dis one na just test running things.

The original version go soon come out...and e go come dey cheaper than this bending rubber of Iphone 6+.

But we...the ndidi association of Nigeria will wait till this time next year and buy the original version of this Iphone 6+ at the rate of N70K... grin

By then the iphone 6 is useless when the 7 is out... think about it..

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by hyuga(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
those saying iPhone z too thin thats y it got bent should just save it o. As far as i can re call, it isn't the world slimest phone. And apple worms should also read about the test smart phones go through before being sent to FCC for go ahead. I think apple payed there way through this one and got burnt. I always hated the over priced piss of shyt nd more reason has bin given. #iBend
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by miqos02(m): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
eeeyah
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
That's one if its specifications; ability to bend and Dodge weapons.... lmfao

I rep nokia 3310
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by astereex(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
who asked u to bend d fone??

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nsonaso(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
mrofficial:

Not any phone.

Did you watch the Samsung Note 3 test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0

Please don't mind the guy

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nsonaso(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
mrofficial:

I'm sure you didn't read the post. Initially, it was not discovered by trying to bend it, it was discovered by people who put iphone 6 plus in the pocket and on bringing it out from the pocket, they noticed the bend.

The same bend test was tried on galaxy note 3 which happened not to bend like the iphone 6 plus.

Thank you for that wonderful comment.... I don't know why some people can't understand simple sentence....

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by loswhite(m): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
mrofficial:

I'm sure you didn't read the post. Initially, it was not discovered by trying to bend it, it was discovered by people who put iphone 6 plus in the pocket and on bringing it out from the pocket, they noticed the bend.

The same bend test was tried on galaxy note 3 which happened not to bend like the iphone 6 plus.
where in d post did u see dat? Pls highlight where u got that info frm from op's post below.
Iphone 6+ Reported To Be Easily Bent (pics)

It's very sad that the thousand dollars iPhone 6 plus is not built with a tough and hard metal/aluminum material to prevent the story that touches, considering the price paid for it.....

Several iPhone 6 Plus owners are complaining that their devices have become slightly bent, mere days after buying them.

With this issue gathering increasing amount of attention throughout the day, a crafty YouTube user posted a video, which tests the rigidity of the iPhone 6 Plus. And the phone bent so easily

In order to be fair, the same YouTube user tested the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 under the same circumstances. And the phone doesn't.

The person in the video also observed before the test that his device already displayed slight indentation. The weak spot appears to be on its left side, right below the volume buttons.

We’re looking forward to seeing what Apple has to say about this problem - which has the potential to bother many current (or future) iPhone 6 Plus users.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nsonaso(m): 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: where in d post did u see dat? Pls highlight where u got that info frm from op's post below.
Iphone 6+ Reported To Be Easily Bent (pics)

It's very sad that the thousand dollars iPhone 6 plus is not built with a tough and hard metal/aluminum material to prevent the story that touches, considering the price paid for it.....

Several iPhone 6 Plus owners are complaining that their devices have become slightly bent, mere days after buying them.

With this issue gathering increasing amount of attention throughout the day, a crafty YouTube user posted a video, which tests the rigidity of the iPhone 6 Plus. And the phone bent so easily

In order to be fair, the same YouTube user tested the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 under the same circumstances. And the phone doesn't.

The person in the video also observed before the test that his device already displayed slight indentation. The weak spot appears to be on its left side, right below the volume buttons.

We’re looking forward to seeing what Apple has to say about this problem - which has the potential to bother many current (or future) iPhone 6 Plus users.

[b]
Please what do you understand on the 2nd paragraph of the thread..... It states that

Then the 3rd paragraph says

That is to say, after hearing some iPhone 6 Plus owners complaining that their phones where bent after bringing it out from their pocket... A guy now try to test the toughness of the phone and to know why their phone could bend, just like that and he discovered that the phone can easily bent with a little pressure applied to it...... And in other to be fair (no compromise) in the judgement he also try to apply the same pressure to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and fortunately Samsung Galaxy Note 3 didn't bend......

You can also check the 5th paragraph which says:

The person in the video also observed before the test that
his device already displayed slight indentation. The weak
spot appears to be on its left side, right below the volume
buttons.

I also included my sources in the thread...... You can go and read them to understand more

You can also check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1917984/anger-worldwide-new-iphone-6
......... The truth is that Apple failed big time in the design of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus...

Because if GiONEE from China can manufacture a phone with 5.1mm thick, 1GB RAM, Dual Core processor, 4.8 inches screen, 8mp camera without a protruding camera lens (Same specifications with iPhone 6). then why can't Apple which is more thicker (with 6.9mm thick), and 4.7 inches screen do the same or even better? The protruding camera lens of iPhone 6 and 6 plus simply means there is a problem... But people fail to see it till now.... but the bad news is that it has gone viral......

Am sorry you are a fan of Apple..... And that is why I don't fan any manufacturer that I patronize because they are the ones who suppose to fan me for spending my hard earned Alhaji Aliyu Mai-Bornu & Dr Clement Isong (cash) to patronize them.... full stop.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by LordReed(m): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
During the antenna gate iPhone scandal the suggestion was that the users were not holding it right. Now with this bending gate the suggestion is people should not pocket their phones. How crazy does it have to get?

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by summerflame(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
I trust samsung R220 with motorola c200, nokia 3310, sendo, alcatel, bird and sagem X5, they can never let us down. Nice phones that never bend. RIP to iphone 6 plus
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ebuksama(m): 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
gerrardomendes: AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!! If i catch u eh.....
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
cao:

When you've paid an obscene amount of money on a product, you expect high standards. You forget the amount of force and pressure your average mobile phone will withstand. How many of you put your phone in your pocket? Now dudes might go on about how roomy their pockets are, but what about the pockets of your skinny jeans? And as any woman will tell you, the pockets on our jeans are just there to remind you not to put anything in them AKA the Michelin Man Effect. Anywho, the amount of force exerted from your thighs to your pocket can be an interesting thing. Even if you use a handbag, there's still activity going on in there.

If you're like me, where my bed is my home AND workspace, then your phone will enjoy some additional punishment. [size=13pt]Geez, I actually woke up on my phone today[/size].

Plus, I'm sure we've all enjoyed the endless wonder of taking a long phonecall without the hands-free or speakers. How many times have you used your hands and/or shoulders (AKA the poor man's hands-free)? All these little things (or in the case of me sleeping on my phone - big things) add to the cumulative force applied to your phone and we (the consumer) expect our phone to have long life...as long as we don't actively throw it down a volcano or a flight of stairs...

Plus, some of y'all have a vice-like grip on things. The way some folks hold their controllers, remotes and phones, you'd think they never want to let it go out of fear that it would run away, the instant they loosen their grip.

omo, that Big Bolded text na true ooo... I do sometimes wake up on my phone too... You wan try speed wey i go take troway myself? grin grin grin

Somtimes, i'll start saying to myself... "lakoba, e wan break screen for me!!!" grin
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
loswhite: are you implying that iPhone users are not up to 10million before nw?

Yes, they are not... If they were, why wasnt the same figure recorded for the previous iPhone sales.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=ChiSun27]Just lyk d Z10 series...dis one na just test running things.

The original version go soon come out...and e go come dey cheaper than this bending rubber of Iphone 6+.

But we...the ndidi association of Nigeria will wait till this time next year and buy the original version of this Iphone 6+ at the rate of N70K...i no knw say pple wey dey think like me dey here by. Dis time next year dey go don divide d original price by 3

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
ahhh yes...apPle and their INNOVATION. Don't worry isheep it's the latest in "innovation"; curved flexible display grin

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Fweshdude(m): 12:33am On Sep 25, 2014
cao: When product testing is not introduced in the early stages.
@ your singnature; are you a kindof like G.0.W fan??

I dig the dude like hell.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by cao(f): 1:06am On Sep 25, 2014
Fweshdude: @ your singnature; are you a kindof like G.0.W fan??

I dig the dude like hell.

Yup.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Fweshdude(m): 1:11am On Sep 25, 2014
cao:

Yup.
Alright.

Having problem trying to sleep?
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Call me an iSheep if you must but yah all can pry my 6+ out of my cold dead hands.

Listen, a certain sector of the populace are brain dead drones that can't be helped. Why would you sit on your $1,000 phone?

Bending tricks or not, the iPhone6 is still the best smartphone on the market. Period.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by fadjnr(m): 6:44am On Sep 25, 2014
them no get power for big screen.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by eckersley: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2014
I wonder why people think this bendgate scandal will affect the sales of the iphone. NOT AT ALL. The isheep followers, all members of the iChurch will buy this phone even if it folds in 2.

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by eckersley: 7:14am On Sep 25, 2014
CityNG: Call me an iSheep if you must but yah all can pry my 6+ out of my cold dead hands.

Listen, a certain sector of the populace are brain dead drones that can't be helped. Why would you sit on your $1,000 phone?

Bending tricks or not, the iPhone6 is still the best smartphone on the market. Period.

N-gga hush. what do u know about phones. the iphone cannot in any of its iterations[even iphone 100] hold a candle to the Nexus 4, let alone the G3.
Google best 10 phones and see if ur iphone 6[ iphone sh-it] is there.
mtcheeew
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by eckersley: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Nsonaso:

Thank you for that wonderful comment.... I don't know why some people can't understand simple sentence....
CityNG: Call me an iSheep if you must but yah all can pry my 6+ out of my cold dead hands.

N-gga hush. what do u know about phones. the iphone cannot in any of its iterations[even iphone 100] hold a candle to the Nexus 4, let alone the LG G3.
Google best 10 phones and see if ur iphone 6[ iphone sh-it] is there.
mtcheeew
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by clemz85(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2014
But I think that's a prepared technology if it could bend without cracking the screen and still function well, me think its intentional design, like galaxy skin
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 25, 2014
eckersley:

N-gga hush. what do u know about phone. the iphone cannot in any of its iterations[even iphone 100] hold a candle to the Nexus 4, let alone the G3.
Google best 10 phones and see if ur iphone 6[ iphone shit] is there.
mtcheeew

Thank you for expressing your opinion.

As they type you'll be able too gauge their level of intelligence.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2014

Yes the Blue Bolded is right, You are!. not because you are a iFanBoy but because of the Red Bolded.

Best ginni?
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2014
ewizard1:

Yes the Blue Bolded is right, You are!. not because you are a iFanBoy but because of the Red Bolded.

Best ginni?

Excellent.

Have a nice day ahead.

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2014
clemz85: But I think that's a prepared technology if it could bend without cracking the screen and still function well, me think its intentional design, like galaxy skin

The touch cracked when he wanted to straighten the phone to the normal....
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2014
CityNG:

Excellent.

Have a nice day ahead.

Thanks, you too. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / MTN Confirms Network Glitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.