Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. (1427 Views)

Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Army Crushes 2nd B H Attack In Konduga- Gen. Olukolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2014
The Defence Headquarters spokesman, Gen Chris Olukolade
has denied claims he gave any statement confirming the release of abducted Chibok girls.

Now, who is to blame for the gaffe??

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2014
Lastly...

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 24, 2014
Words of a confused soul.
Tell me if Chris Olukolade wasn't high on 20percent alcoholic content drink before going to twitter to display such idiocy and stupidity?

Smh

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by tit(f): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: Words of a confused soul.
Tell me if Chris Olukolade wasn't high on 20percent alcoholic drink before going to twitter to display idiocy and stupidity?

Smh

can you reproduce his idiotic twit?
or are you the discombobulated drunkard here!

4 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2014
Premium times said he "called back to retract his earlier statement" which means they had spoken with him earlier and he confirmed girls had been released.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2014
berem: Words of a confused soul.
Tell me if Chris Olukolade wasn't high on 20percent alcoholic content drink before going to twitter to display such idiocy and stupidity?

Smh
The stories have been COMPLETELY taken down on Premium Times website!! shocked!!
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: The stories have been COMPLETELY taken down on Premium Times website!! shocked!!
nawao! Naija which way?
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Jmain: 7:32am On Sep 24, 2014
It better be sir . . . .No qualms . . . . .Itchy finger things from the dailies to earn "Na me first break the news" . . . .

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Premium times said he "called back to retract his earlier statement" which means they had spoken with him earlier and he confirmed girls had been released.
omenka, I think Premiumtimes were too excited. There is no proof that Gen Olukolade made the "1st Statement", Premium times played a fast one on us. On this note, I sincerely apologise to Gen Olukolade, the Military and President Jonathan for my harsh words as regards this brohuaha!!

Premiumtimes should tender apology to the government, the public and the military.

God bless the Military
MODIFIED

Olukolade is a Shameless Liar and a fccktaard, he told inspiration which was confirmed and its voce note is on twitter

7 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by RoyalRoy(m): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Isn't it time to remove this man as the spokesman?

@barcanista

It wasn't only Premium times that were briefed, even BBC carried the news and around 11:30pm Nigerian time, the BBC reported that Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade had CALLED them back to RETRACT his earlier statement.

He told BBC on phone that "the buses was conveying another set of girls and not the abducted Chibok girls"

So if Premium times were careless by not reading in between the lines, BBC too was careless?

Confusion of a spokesman.

Too bad!!

Its not Premium times that goofed but the spokesman who called the media house and the BBC.

4 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: omenka, I think Premiumtimes were too excited. There is no proof that Gen Olukolade made the "1st Statement", Premium times played a fast one on us. On this note, I sincerely apologise to Gen Olukolade, the Military and President Jonathan for my harsh words as regards this brohuaha!!

Premiumtimes should tender apology to the government, the public and the military.

God bless the Military
I guess that explains why they took down the stories from their site. The cost of such litigation could wreck a business completely. Checking to see if SR did thesame.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Jmain: It better be sir . . . .No qualms . . . . .Itchy finger things from the dailies to earn "Na me first break the news" . . . .
Abi.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Jmain: 7:42am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Abi.

Sure . . . . I don't really blame them cos the competition for web traffic is stiff out there . . . . grin
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Liar.
From South West as usual. What these cowards are doing in our army still beats me.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Collynzo22: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2014
So what about BBC who also broke the same news confirming that they spoke to the general?
Are they now as incompetent as our blogs parading themselves as news webites?
Shame on BBC if true.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: I guess that explains why they took down the stories from their site. The cost of such litigation could wreck a business completely. Checking to see if SR did thesame.
this is so embarrassing and unfortunate from PT. Nigerian journalists need to understand the implication of whatever they publish as "news"
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Liar.
From South West as usual. What these cowards are doing in our army still beats me.
Now take the finger out of your rectum and lick it clean!! Yummy huuh??

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Collynzo22: So what about BBC who also broke the same news confirming that they spoke to the general?
Are they now as incompetent as our blogs parading themselves as news webites?
That is another question that begs for answer!!
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2014
RoyalRoy: Isn't it time to remove this man as the spokesman?

@barcanista

It wasn't only Premium times that were briefed, even BBC carried the news and around 11:30pm Nigerian time, the BBC reported that Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade had called them back to RETRACT his earlier statement.

He told BBC on phone that "the buses was conveying another set of girls and not the abducted Chibok girls"

So if Premium times were careless by not reading in between the lines, BBC too was careless?

Too bad!!
is it the same bbc that said Nigerian soldiers sought asylum in cameroon only to retract it when the Cameroonian government and Nigerian military cleared the wave? Or the same bbc that said Ebola has "ravaged" nigeria? Boss I will like to see the bbc link but I don't take them serious that much

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by egbaguy: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista...............me,myself and i heard olukolade spoke to inspiration fm 92:3 that the girls were released,he then called back to say they were nt the chibok girls. .the guy goofed.

3 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2014
egbaguy: barcanista...............me,myself and i heard olukolade spoke to inspiration fm 92:3 that the girls were released,he then called back to say they were nt the chibok girls. .the guy goofed.
so why did pt take down the report? Did he say the chibok babes are back?
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Collynzo22: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: That is another question that begs for answer!!
This is what BBC is reporting now.
Earlier, Gen Olukolade told the BBC there was an ongoing exercise to release the schoolgirls taken from Chibok and that some of them were safe in a military barracks. But he later called back to retract his statement, saying the authorities were trying to confirm the identities of the girls who are in the custody of the army, but they did not come from Chibok.
www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29335637

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2014
RoyalRoy: Isn't it time to remove this man as the spokesman?

@barcanista

It wasn't only Premium times that were briefed, even BBC carried the news and around 11:30pm Nigerian time, the BBC reported that Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade had CALLED them back to RETRACT his earlier statement.

Too bad!!

Its not Premium times that goofed but the spokesman who called the media house and the BBC.
making both media look like goof balls! grin somebody is definitely going to get fired.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Collynzo22: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2014
I don't know who to believe anymore, but I still stand by what I said in this thread www.nairaland.com/1916951/jonathans-aides-intentionally-making-him
Jonathan should sack Doyin Okupe, Reuben Abati and Gen. Olukolade, they are working against him intentionally or not.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by egbaguy: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: so why did pt take down the report? Did he say the chibok babes are back?
yes,he did. I just pray inspiration fm can upload dat interview online so that evryone can av access to it. The most annoying part is olukolade tweetting that he nva spoke with ANY radio station.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2014
Collynzo22:
This is what BBC is reporting now.

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29335637
Hmm. Na wa oo. This story don tire me sef. Fvcking confused.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by nigerianvenom(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2014
tit:

can you reproduce his idiotic twit?
or are you the discombobulated drunkard here!

u deh follow that barren woman?
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by nigerianvenom(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: omenka, I think Premiumtimes were too excited. There is no proof that Gen Olukolade made the "1st Statement", Premium times played a fast one on us. On this note, I sincerely apologise to Gen Olukolade, the Military and President Jonathan for my harsh words as regards this brohuaha!!
God bless the Military

are u sure ur acc hasnt bin hacked?
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2014

God bless the Military

Why are you in a haste to apologize? I am really disappointed comrade! Do you expect him to own up before? The news was reported by atleast 3 international news Channels before Premium Times ran the news!

If you must know, it was the same man who reported that 90 girls were rescued, based on gossip he heard!

Do you think, Premium, BBC, Reuters and etc. Would just go to press without confirming from the drunkard?

2 Likes

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2014
Barcanista, take down your own apology and apologize to us?

Omenka, I don't know why your are bringing the opinion of the drunkard to Nairaland! Everybody wisely ignored him and his rebuttal.

The reason no news outlet reported his tweets! The mumu is under serious pressure! He will soon be relieved of his duties as I heard from military sources.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Why are you in a haste to apologize? I am really disappointed comrade! Do you expect him to own up before? The news was reported by atleast 3 international news Channels before Premium Times ran the news!

If you must know, it was the same man who reported that 90 girls were rescued, based on gossip he heard!

Do you think, Premium, BBC, Reuters and etc. Would just go to press without confirming from the drunkard?

You know sometimes barcanista patronizes the jonathanians.

Maybe just to not be seen as always criticising them sacrifices the truth sometimes.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: The stories have been COMPLETELY taken down on Premium Times website!! shocked!!

Omenka, the news is still there on their website! Do you have network problems?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/politics/168535-breaking-defence-headquarters-says-chibok-girls-not-freed.html#sthash.Nw5NnqLb.dpbs

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mexico Missing Students Mayor Held Responsible Not President, Nigerians Learn . / Nigeria Ranks 4th On Global Terror Index 2014 / Etete Warns First Lady To Steer Clear Of Bayelsa Politics As Clark Endorses Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.