Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. (1433 Views)

Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Army Crushes 2nd B H Attack In Konduga- Gen. Olukolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by stinggy(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Fire this incompetent fool, period!
This is not his first time, neither is it the second angry
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2014
egbaguy: yes,he did. I just pray inspiration fm can upload dat interview online so that evryone can av access to it. The most annoying part is olukolade tweetting that he nva spoke with ANY radio station.
PT is known to be one reputable platform that cannot be cowwed. They have busted so many government officials. That they took it down passed a message of misinformation in the first instance(I may be wrong tho)
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by kokoA(m): 8:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Nigerians have short memory. This is thesame spokesman who told us few days after the kidnap that all the girls have been freed by our gallant army and that no girl was missing anymore, only for him to retract his statement a few days later..
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: PT is known to be one reputable platform that cannot be cowwed. They have busted so many government officials. That they took it down passed a message of misinformation in the first instance(I may be wrong tho)

No time did Premium take it down! They just shifted it to the politics section! Don't misinform people.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 24, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

No time did Premium take it down! They just shifted it to the politics section! Don't misinform people.
lemme check their politics section. I will always mail PT editor
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by egbaguy: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: PT is known to be one reputable platform that cannot be cowwed. They have busted so many government officials. That they took it down passed a message of misinformation in the first instance(I may be wrong tho)
PT never had the 'audio',hence they took down the news. Kindly go to twitter ,the audio has been uploaded. Go to @omojuwa
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Omenka, the news is still there on their website! Do you have network problems?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/politics/168535-breaking-defence-headquarters-says-chibok-girls-not-freed.html#sthash.Nw5NnqLb.dpbs
Ok. The link might still be there but it is not running on the front page. Guess it has been taken to the archives.
Open the site https://www.premiumtimesng.com/ and you wouldn't see any story regarding that incident. What we have as the major stories are the soldiers mutiny issue, synagogue issue, and the Ayo Fayose's thugs' invasion of the Ekiti court proceeding. Then other mundane stuffs follow.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by egbaguy: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2014
olukolade is such a shameless man.....funny enuf,those that doubted the fact the girls were kidnapped were the first to 'loud' the release of the girls
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2014
django1:

You know sometimes barcanista patronizes the jonathanians.

Maybe just to not be seen as always criticising them sacrifices the truth sometimes.
There is absolutely no need for this. He said what he said based on updates on the news event. Most people are getting confused about this, including myself. If there was no truth to what his tweets are saying, why did PT take such a major news off their front page preferring less important news such as the Fayose's thugs issue, Synagogue issue and that of the senate's stand on soldiers that mutinied?? Something must definitely be wrong somewhere.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by FrankC3: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2014
If I hire an image maker and he makes half the mistakes that Major Olukolade has made, no matter his qualifications and CV, I will send him packing. Under this man's watch, things have spiralled out of control, our gallant boys have been called cowards and lies have been reported as truths. He seem not to have a strong network of information control within the army and struggles with communicating with the Press and the public. He plays catch up to the traditional media instead of those media houses playing catch up to him.

Look at his handling of information management on the death of Shekau impostor and even that of the main Shekau earlier. Even when he is saying the truth, it sounds like a lie.

Look at his handling of the Chibok kidnap issue. He partly made the President look as if nothing is being done about it and totally mismanaged perception aspect of our military as an institution that Nigerians can trust to protect them.

I am and will remain a GEJ supporter, but I also know that the best thing for the Army right now is to redeploy him. This man may be very smart and all but he is not just cut out for the job he is presently doing. Even Frank Mba of Nigeria Police communicates better than him.

This does not diminish my respect for Major Olukolade as a fine military officer, not a fine public communicator.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

can you provide link?
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2014
fvcccccck Olukolade!!!!!

egbaguy thanks for the inspirationfm voice notes.

That guy should be redeployed for playing to the intelligence of Nigerians rather that accept his mistake.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: Hmm. Na wa oo. This story don tire me sef. Fvcking confused.
So Olukolade really said it abi? I don't know why you're confused cos the guy has been goofing since he became the DHQ spokesman. This shouldn't come as a surprise!
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2014
Omenka, Olukolade is a shameless man and a fcccking LIAR!!!
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2014
a
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by omenka(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: Omenka, Olukolade is a shameless man and a fcccking LIAR!!!
This is indeed shameful. I wonder what Olukolade and Marylin Ogar are still doing in their respective posts...
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 24, 2014
omenka: This is indeed shameful. I wonder what Olukolade and Marylin Ogar are still doing in their respective posts...
He is worse than Marylin
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by arewafederation: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: fvcccccck Olukolade!!!!!

egbaguy thanks for the inspirationfm voice notes.

That guy should be redeployed for playing to the intelligence of Nigerians rather that accept his mistake.

Cool down and don't get so worked up... This govt have developed a reputation for telling LIES. You shouldn't be too quick to accept whatever comes from them.

Never let your guard down when dealing with members of this administration.

No be today yansh de back!
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 24, 2014
arewafederation:

Cool down and don't get so worked up... This govt have developed a reputation for telling LIES. You shouldn't be too quick to accept whatever comes from them.

Never let your guard down when dealing with members of this administration.

No be today yansh de back!
It is disheartening to realise that those people are playing games with people's predicament. It is the least expected of any military
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by arewafederation: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
barcanista: It is disheartening to realise that those people are playing games with people's predicament. It is the least expected of any military

Recent events have made me to loose hope in this country. From the DSS spokes person, to the presidential aids, millitary chief etc....blunders, fallacy everywhere around this administration and yet, we still have ordinary Nigerians/TANoids defending the govt like their lives depend on it.... Where is our conscience?

[s] Bros abeg just make some money, take some time off, have some drinks, make love to your womangrin and forget about this damn country. It's not worth the pain. [/s]
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by atlwireles: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
tit:

can you reproduce his idiotic twit?
or are you the discombobulated drunkard here!

I spoke to a 28-year-old chemistry graduate who patrols the online war front for one of Nigeria's popular politicians.

Every morning, he gets dressed and embarks on a 20-minute drive to work, where he sits in an office with dozens of other young people on the same mission as himself.

With a burst of laughter, he summarised his job description in three words: "Distort public opinion".

He and his colleagues have about 10 different pseudonyms each for news websites and blogs, but fewer for Facebook and Twitter.

They bombard articles about their politician with positive comments, and blast those of his opponents with negative posts.

"I usually use corruption and ethnicity to attack," he said.

Some months ago, he was engaged in the exact opposite: Maligning his current employer.

At the time, he was working in an enemy camp, but the pay and conditions were not as favourable as those offered him now.

"They had promised us jobs," he said, "but when the time came, they offered all the positions to people from their constituency."

THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM THE ANTI NIGERIA CROWD. JUST READ THEIR COMMENTS AND DUMP IT IN YOUR VIRTUAL RECYCLE BIN

BBC.com.
Re: Gen. Olukolade Denies Saying The Girls Were Released. by calyto: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
but this is the audio https://audioboom.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=olukolade
barcanista:
PT is known to be one reputable platform that cannot be cowwed. They have busted so many government officials. That they took it down passed a message of misinformation in the first instance(I may be wrong tho)

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ve No Hand In $9.3m, Says Oritsejafor / A Proud Nigerian / PDP Convention: Plot To Unseat Mu'azu Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.