Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I (2981 Views)

Buhari Bows In Front Of Senator Akpabio (Photo) / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / Senator David Mark Receiving Ash On His Forehead Today From A Priest (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I by ochejoseph(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements. Part I

Senator David Mark a worthy ambassador of idoma Land, a man whose great leadership skills and crisis management abilities has brought great stability to the Nigerian nation and its legislature.
In the first part of these series we will chronicle the achievements of the retired general in the red chambers.

1.Education: He influenced the setting up of the National Open University of Nigeria study center in Oturkpo.

He went further to Build from scratch a full study center valued at over 60 million naira and donated same to the center to facilitate the Education of our people

2. Power and Water Resources:

He lobbied for and got the Federal Government to construct the Otukpo Multipurpose dam which is set to provide the much needed potable drinking water, electricity and facilitate the irrigation of our lands for dry season farming

3.Human Resources development: Investments in human capital is perhaps one of his greatest achievements , our young men and women who were hitherto unemployed are today supporting families and communities thanks to the employment opportunities facilitated by Senator David mark

4. Agriculture :Knowing the importance of Cassava farming to the Idoma nation Senator Mark did not disappoint ,he established garri processing plants in 5 local governments namely

Ado, Obi, Okpokwu, Apa and ohimini Local Government areas these facilities have significantly improved the living standard of the people of these area owing to the improvements in the quality and quantity of garri being shipped out from these locations

5. Scholarships: Yearly thousands of young people from our communities receive scholarships to boost their quest for higher education,these scholarships are skewed in favour of Orphans and other indigent students from the area . in 2014 alone 12685 students were beneficiaries of the over 900 million naira donated by Senator Mark for this cause!

6. Major Roads : The Oju- Otukpo- Oweto road which also includes the gigantic Oweto bridge has drastically reduced travel time , enhancing the socio- economic activity of the area due to the increased vehicular traffic. thanks to senator Mark the project is almost completed!

7. Local Investments: Senator Mark is the single largest investor in the Benue economy, with a diversified portfolio, his investments in Education, Sports ,Media and others have continued to provide food on the tables of many families not just in zone C but in other parts of the state.

8.Youth Development : The 2012 budget of the Federal Government saw the inclusion of 4 youth vocational training centers for Benue South Senatorial district these centers are located in Otukpo ,Agatu Obi and Okpokwu local governments.

9. Health :A multi- million naira health center was donated by the Senate President to the following communities !

A. Egba-Agatu

B. Akpegede- Otukpo

10. Rural Development:

Here is a list of Roads attracted to the senatorial district by senator Mark

Igumale-Ulayi-Ijigban, Oshigbudu-Obagaji- Okokolo, Ugbokpo-Edikwu-Opaha, Adumeast-Ohuma-Ojou, Oju-Ebenta-Uwoku, Ukwo-Aho-Owukpa, Okpudu-Idiri-Ikomija, Ochobo-Agadagba Onyagede, Adoka- Umogidi-Opaha, Ugbokpo-Ojantele-Ikobi, Ogoli-Ipolo, Awulema-Aigaji-Ogene-Alaglanu, Efoyo-Ikpogo-Omadewu- Eboya, Adumeast-Adiko-Okumtungbe, Otada-Emichi-
Okpoumaju-Odudaje, Egwuanokwu-Aigaji-Idekpa, Oju- Ojuma-Edumoga-Ohuma roads

The senator has performed far beyond expectation and the Good people of zone C can't wait for 2015 to send him back to the senate so that he can continue the good work!

God Bless the Idoma Nation

God Bless senator David Alechenu Bonaventure Mark

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Oche Otorkpa

Author of the Unseen Terrorist and publisher of Tsuntsu Newspapers Tweets from

https://twitter.com/ochejoseph

http://tsuntsumediaservices..com/2014/09/chronicles-of-senator-david-marks.html
Re: Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I by ballydan37: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2014
David mark is d best senate president av hd....God bles him. He has achieved so much for dis country......long live federal republic of NIGERIA!!!
Re: Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I by christejames(m): 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Achievements my foot, he should just step down for a younger leader or is he a monarch. All his achievements are just negligible to me.
Re: Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I by obailala(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Sycophancy at it's best...

Under David Mark, Nigeria has had the most passive and by extension, the most useless senate since 1999... When last did anyone in Nigeria hear any news from the red chambers?

Under the corruption-friendly administration of GEJ and the passive senate leadership of David Mark, it seems all our senators have just decided to sit back, relax and loot as much as they can. Also there seems to be a unanimous decision in the senate (even inclusive of the APC guys) to just support the re-election of GEJ knowing fully well that the business of chilling and looting has never been so easy and pleasurable as it currently is under the amiable administration of uncle Johnny.
Re: Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
3.Human Resources development: Investments in human capital is perhaps one of his greatest achievements , our young men and women who were hitherto unemployed are today supporting families and communities thanks to the employment opportunities facilitated by Senator David mark
Oga what are the jobs? PA to the PA of another PA to the PA of a Councillor's PA grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Senator David Mark's Achievements Part I by olutai: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
When are we going to have the chronicles of all the constituency allowances he has received for the past 8 years or thereabout.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Buhari And Oshinbajo's Wife On Arrival To Abeokuta Rally / List Of State With Illiterate Governor and politician / Online Petition Supporting Buhari Suppasses Rival In 24 Hours (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.