Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231701 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Uthman51(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
D9ty7:

God don catch you today. Oya, follow me to the Aso rock, you must tell the president where Shecow is hiding.

Na me and you Chop am....
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 12:38am On Mar 24, 2015
stuff46:

Gosh, i really will hate that woman if she does not fight for son not to be taken away. Nate is too harsh to be Olu's son, surely is Oluwole. I am not seeing any of the child gotten out of infedelity, its just left for Dee to say. Lovely updates
b ready 2 hate her cus from d look of things, she's nt goin 2 fight 4 her son but she MIGHT beg Olu 4 Nate's release and i'm sure he (Olu) will not listen 2 her
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 5:13am On Mar 24, 2015
D 3 children myt apn 2 b Olu's bt if nt, i guess Nate z d illegitimate child. Mornin pple
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 6:03am On Mar 24, 2015
Morning!
snowhyt:
b ready 2 hate her cus from d look of things, she's nt goin 2 fight 4 her son but she MIGHT beg Olu 4 Nate's release and i'm sure he (Olu) will not listen 2 her

Women [have] this kind of pity which they exhibit in some situation. Even if she does not fight for him in his presence, she might consider the latter, which is to bail him out. If not so, then she should be ready to face the consiquences.
Btw, does it mean that she does not know that she is the one at loss? Women sha, very dumb. wink
But Nate na stubborn guy o, after beating everbody that stood his way, he still go back to the hospital. I will personally call him a badt guy. cheesy
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 24, 2015
So Dave and Nate are now pals.
And Anita watching
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 7:38am On Mar 24, 2015

Serena walked out into the living room clad in a white top and a blue jean three quarter trouser.
"Fine girl looking elegant." Taiwo said immediately she set her eyes on her.
"Abeg o." Serena smiled as she sat beside her new found friend whom in the last twenty four hours had gotten along well and had chatted for the majority of the previous night.
"Is this our phone?" Taiwo asked.
"Our phone? Yes." Serena replied.
Taiwo collected the phone and stood up to sit on another couch.
"Am sorry, I have to go through your pictures. Is it okay by you?"
"No problem." Serena replied.
"Even if there is, you think I won't check it abi?"
Three minutes of silence followed as Taiwo busied herself with Serena's phone. While Serena used that opportunity to sneak into the kitchen and returned with a plate of rice and a bottle of soft drink.
"Here, your food is ready." She announced.
"What food?" Taiwo asked.
"You are visiting me for the first time, therefore, you have eat something before you leave.
"And what will I call that? Post-breakfast or pre-lunch?" Taiwo asked.
"Call it whatever you like. All I know is that, you must take something in my house."
"Like seriously, I ate before I left home. Let me just take the drink." Taiwo pleaded.
"So, who will eat the food?" Serena asked.
"You can eat it, can't you?" she replied with a smile.
"I know what to do. I will pack it into a disposable plate and you'll take it home." Serena said and the two girls bursted into laughter.
Silence enveloped the room once again with Taiwo busy with the phone and Serena bulldozing the food at the dining area.
"Madam, nawa o. So you mean you have no intention of giving me the food in the first place. Can you imagine, I said I am not eating and under a minute, you are whoozing down the food." Taiwo joked.
"I never chop this morning." Serena replied.
"So you wanted to give me your own food?" Taiwo asked and Serena nodded in affirmation.
"Girlie, you must be high on hunger." Taiwo said as she walked towards the dining.
"Is the the guy?" she asked showing a picture of Jake to her friend.
"Yeah." Serena replied.
"Look at him, he looks like a pelican." Taiwo said and the two girls bursted into laughter.
The girls spent the next twenty minutes talking about Jake and Stephanie where Taiwo did most of the talking, mostly abusing them.
"See who is talking, if Steph is an Ostritch, then you are what?" Serena asked.
"Pengiun." She replied. "Steph is taller than I am, she has long legs, I am more sexier and curvier." Taiwo bragged.
"But, I am you mentor when it come to beauty." Serena said.
"I agree." She replied.
Five minutes later, Serena's phone rang.
"Who is it?" She asked.
"Hate abi what is this?.. Sorry, Nate." Taiwo said jokingly.
"Wow! My big bro." Serena collected the phone and picked the call.
"Hello bro." Even if they are on bad terms, she wouldn't want to give her friend that bad impression.
"Tell him I am here." Taiwo whispered jokingly.
"What? Police station? What happened?" Serena asked as she quickly stood up rushed to her room, returned just the way she left.
"I am coming right away. Have you called daddy? What about Dave?" She asked as she picked the five thousand naira her father gave to her hours ago from the dinning table, stuffed it inside her purse and made for the door.
"Madam, wait jor. What's the problem?" Taiwo asked.
"Please, I have to go. My brother is in police detention." Serena fled out of the house.
She ran the whole distance from her house to the junction and just as she mounted the bike, she felt someone sat behind her.
"Don't look back. Your phone is with me." Taiwo said.
"You don't have to go with me. It doesn't speak well, your first time of visiting me...."
"Ssshhhh! We are one, remember? Dave and my sister." She said squeezing her shoulder. "Oga, you bike no fit move abi?" She asked angrily.

--to be continued--

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 7:59am On Mar 24, 2015
Find me a frnd like Taiwo. I'm so happy da way things r turnin out. Serena wl knw da truth. Anita is doomed
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Nice... I hope nath won't tell serena that he was arrested because of anita... Serena might not be able to forgive her mum!!!!..
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2015
D9ty7:

Abeg, make una carry your matter go house o before I call on that female mud to ban you.
But, oga you a selfish o. Your bae is simply a cheerful giver.
bia maka why u dy eye my bae na mind yasef i no mind 2 bounce u out of d thread o

#teamjake yo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by write2obi(m): 11:26am On Mar 24, 2015
The way u introduce characters Taiwo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2015
stuff46:
Morning!

Women [have] this kind of pity which they exhibit in some situation. Even if she does not fight for him in his presence, she might consider the latter, which is to bail him out. If not so, then she should be ready to face the consiquences.
Btw, does it mean that she does not know that she is the one at loss? Women sha, very dumb. wink
But Nate na stubborn guy o, after beating everbody that stood his way, he still go back to the hotel. I will personally call him a badt guy. cheesy

gud mrnin..
Well, i don't think Anita will bail Nate cus dat woman has been brain washed by her "lover" Olu.
@ bolded; y d insult on all of us nau oya transfer it 2 only Anita.
Taiwo is indeed a good friend (hope say her head no go start touch later sha)
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Serena will have to change her name to Kehinde seems she has found her twin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
write2obi:
The way u introduce characters Taiwo
taiwo makes d story more interesting
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by pammusphy(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
I'd love to see you become a Christian some day...D9ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
pammusphy:
Lets see what the future holds bro
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
stuff46:

But Nate na stubborn guy o, after beating everbody that stood his way, he still go back to the hospital. I will personally call him a badt guy. cheesy

Oga stuff dis z d 2nd tym 'll b warning u, be kiaful o. Btw I luv Taiwo, I believe she' ll take d scale off Serena's eyes nd as 4 Nate accept my sympathy. Well done Oga mi
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Keep em coming Oga
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hell noo cheesy
pammusphy:
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
taiwo? dee wer is Kenny?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
dis update is too short nau
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2015

Inside the DPO's office, Serena was seated as well as Taiwo on the two visitor chairs in front of the desk.
"What's your relationship with that criminal?" The police boss asked.
"He is not a criminal." Serena replied with a shaky voice.
Taiwo quickly pinched her laps. "He is our brother." She added.
"Your brother?" The DPO asked.
"Yes sir." she replied.
"You know, I am always lenient when I am handling cases that has to do with kids, young boys and girls, you know why?" He paused.
The two girls nodded their heads in the negative.
"I am a children bible teacher in my church, I am a father, therefore I know how their minds work and one thing about children is that little thing count and what you will do that will make children develop hatred towards you, you don't know. That is why when I was told that someone is here to bail Nathaniel, I asked them to let you into my office, because on a normal day, you can't grant bail unless you are above eighteen...."
"We are above eighteen sir." Taiwo cuts in.
"Young lady, you don't talk while I am talking. Don't be rude."
"Am sorry sir."
Serena could see a smile on Taiwo's face and the way she sport fearlessly with confidence, one would think she was a regular visitor to a police station. Most especially, when she assured her at the entrance that everything would be fine.
"When I say above eighteen, I don't mean a nineteen year old or twenty year old. Before you can request for bail, you must be a close relation to the criminal, you must be a working class citizen of this country, so that if you are needed, we can trace you to your place of work, and above all, you must have a clear criminal record. But unfortunately, our force no longer ask for police report from guarantors, all they do is get the name, address and a certain amount of money." He paused, gave them a searching look to be sure if they were with him. "We all know that if I am to follow the set rules, your parents will get to know about it and according to the boy, he pleaded with my men, that was why you were called instead of your father. And the man who asked us to arrest him is a respected lawyer in the state who is ready to take the case to the highest court in the land." The police chief continued.
"We really appreciate the fact that you allowed us into your office. But please sir, can we talk to the lawyer who invited the police?" Taiwo asked calmly.
"He didn't ask me to give out his number, but he must spend a few days here before he would be released."
Serena quickly went down on her knees.
"Please sir, he must not spend the night here. Even though I don't know his offence, but please sir, you can help us." She rapped.
"We are your children." Taiwo added.
"I will help you, but first, he would for the next five days report here every morning."
"He will gladly accept that." Serena said.
"Fine, go to the reception, and sign the papers, then return here with him so I can approve it and give you some fatherly advice."
With that, Serena and Taiwo went to the reception as instructed, did the necessary signings and a bail form was handed to them, but that was after five thousand naira has been paid.
Thirty minutes later, the trio of Serena, Nate and Taiwo were standing in front of the police station, everyone to his own thought.
Accorrding to the revelation made by the DPO, an uncle of their ordered Nathan's arrest and Taiwo was quick to change the surnames on the bail form. But why would Uncle Olu fight Nate at Womile hotel where their mother was lodged? Does that mean their father doesn't want them near their mother, and even if that was the case, their father should have paid millitary personnels to do the job, not a close relation. Something certainly must be wrong somewhere.
"How do we get home now?" Serena asked.
"Those useless policemen collected everything on me at the time of the arrest, my wristwatch. Only my phone was returned, but my credit was used." Nate lamented.
"I have spent all I have, including the 5k dad gave me this morning." Serena added.
"I think I have money here, even if we have to lap ourselves, we'll get home." Taiwo said with a smile and all three filled into the next cab that stopped at the junction.
"Am sorry for stressing you today and bringing you to a police station." Serena whispered as the cab sped on the road.
"Abeg jor." Taiwo waved it off.
Two hours later, when Taiwo was ready to leave, Serena saw her off to the bus-stop.
"Its a pity you met me for the first time in an awkward place, but all the same, its nice meeting you." Nate said as he shook hands with her just before she mounted a bike.
"Now is the time to listen to the story leading to his arrest." Serena concluded as they trekked back home.

--to be continued--

3 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
sherryshitt:
Hell noo cheesy
Lolz
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by write2obi(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
sammyomotola:
taiwo makes d story more interesting
Who is she, where did she come from That's my question grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Oya start talking!!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
write2obi:

Who is she, where did she come from That's my question grin
Bro, its like you missed a certain update. Remember when Dave took Serena out to meet his girlfriend(Bolaji) who came with her junior sister(Taiwo) as well. And if you were observant enough, you'll notice that Taiwo first met Serena when they sat their UTME. You'd reckon that Serena followed a man as instructed by her father to collect the man's business card. Someone greeted Serena from inside the man's car, that person is Taiwo.
You grab?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by write2obi(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
D9ty7:

Bro, its like you missed a certain update. Remember when Dave took Serena out to meet his girlfriend(Bolaji) who came with her junior sister(Taiwo) as well. And if you were observant enough, you'll notice that Taiwo first met Serena when they sat their UTME. You'd reckon that Serena followed a man as instructed by her father to collect the man's business card. Someone greeted Serena from inside the man's car, that person is Taiwo.
You grab?
grin ok ok , i got it now, Thanks
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
write2obi:
grin ok ok , i got it now, Thanks
Glad to hear that. Thanks for following.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
D9ty7:

You grab?
yea
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Let's see if the stor wold truly be told
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
Let's see if the story would truly be told
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
Viewing this topic: trusted(m), Jeanfortune(f), dekokelvin(m),

what? jeanfortune is dis really u shocked shocked shocked
d9ty7 luk who we've got here
*d lady dat ran away frm literature section without informing us*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 10:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
lol
Neephemie:

Oga stuff dis z d 2nd tym 'll b warning u, be kiaful o. Btw I luv Taiwo, I believe she' ll take d scale off Serena's eyes nd as 4 Nate accept my sympathy. Well done Oga mi

I will make no refrence to that word, kawai!

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.