Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231594 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
phunmielomo:
nice story.following
must you
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Rounakid(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Oka ooo... Make i comment... And beqinq enjoyinq d stowie...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Rounakid(m): 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
D9ty7... All in a cirlcle nko...? Today lah 15th... Ooooh... I qiv u 2 more days otherwise... I will have to invite maleek into dis case...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by tecno4life(m): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
D9ty7:
Hey guys, not to worry, I will drop an update later in the evening by the grace of God.
I really appreciate your comments;
Hazardous, Darus05, Tiffanyj, rutemi, Ogbarmey, fisaylab, Jummygal, phumielomo, PrinceGozie, Pajames4all.
Love you all.

sharp sharp gringrin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
phunmielomo:
nice story.following
ma'am cum here why did u quote all d update
*removes ma koboko wit 5 branches*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by thonyokun(m): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2014
I love this game
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Donmarshal11: 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Where is dis Dstv guy? Cum n giv us an update pls.... Haba Poor Nate
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Maryclaire1(f): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lovely story
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by seunviju(f): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
This family is turning into something else o. Welldone D9ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
seunviju:
This family is turning into something else o. Welldone D9ty7
You? Where have you been since? You just disappeared from my stories. I even mentioned ur name, but you didn't respond to it.
Anyways how have you been?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Pls update... I'm kind of restless.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by aprilwise(m): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Wow such a wonderful family drama. Evil communication corrupt good manner. What works for A can't work for B. She taking advice from bad friends now she has destroyed her family. What a pity.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by seunviju(f): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
Am so sorry,but thank God am following here naw and will surely start reading `all in a circle'.Have been good o and am sure you are doing great?You are doing really good with yout story may God continue to grant you more wisdom,knowledge and understanding.Keep up with the good work sir
D9ty7:

You? Where have you been since? You just disappeared from my stories. I even mentioned ur name, but you didn't respond to it.
Anyways how have you been?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
CHAPTER 5
Mr Oluwole Thomas drove into the court premises with his first son Davies seated beside him. The time for hearing their case was eleven o'clock and the time now says five minutes after ten. Father and son decided to stroll around the court premises.
"Dad, do you think this is the best thing to do?" Dave asked as he settled down with his father on one of the chairs arraged behind the court building.
"I don't get." His father said.
"I mean the divorce, don't you think something can be done to avert that? You two can make things up and we return to the happy family we once were." Davies said.
"Divorce is the last thing on my mind. When this problems started, I talked to Anita like the husband that I am, she gave me no listening hear. Then I concluded that I am at fault, I accepted all blames and apologised, but she was head bent of making me go through hell. You are a man now, and I think the way you see and handle things should be more matured than your younger ones." He explained.
"Dad, I understand you, but for the sake of we your children, this divorce could cause a lot of problems. You were well aware of what happened between Nate and I, things were not like that before. Even with the age difference, we were best of friends, but since the problem between you and mum started, I just don't understand." Dave explained.
"You know what so? Anita had succeeded in brainwashing Nathaniel and Serena. She had told them some lies about me that the kids are now seeing me as a bad father. I know they will opt to live with their mum if things eventually go the way I want it. But I don't care, so far I have you." He explained.
"Dad, but all the same, remember I am no longer a kid, sooner or later I will get married and become a family man, who will be with you by then?"
"God." Oluwole Thomas replied.
"Which is why you need your wife." Dave enthused.
--------------
Anita was seated in her car with her chidren, Nathaniel and Serena.
"Mum, why not settle things with dad?" Serena asked.
"Are you okay at all?" Nate asked.
"I am okay. Its just that, I think.." She was explaining when Nathaniel cut her short.
"What I want you two to do for me now is to come into the court as witnesses, I already told my lawyer about you. Nate, remember, your father ordered Davies to beat you. Serena remember you were sleeping on the couch when it happened. Okay?" She explained to her children.
Even though she wasn't comfortable with the idea, she still had no choice other than defend her mother.
"And I case things didn't work our way. If the judge pronouce the divorce verdict, I already told my lawyer to plead for Oluwole's property to be shared into half. Nate remember, you are moving out with me if I you father eventually divorced me. And you too." Anita explained.
"Okay mummy." Nathaniel replied.
------------
The ongoing case had just came to an end, and as the crowds began to troop out, Oluwole returned with Dave to the parking lot.
His eyes met with his wife's eye and he quickly looked away.
Five minutes later, they were summoned, after which proceeding and hearing began.
Twenty minutes into the session, after the two lawyers had spit it on each other's faces. Referenced to the whole of the constitution that had to do with family or human right. There was nothing to quote from any longer.
"My Lord, please permit me to call on witnesses who can shed more light on this issue." Anita's lawyer said.
"Granted." Judge said.
Nate and Serena both stepped into the witness box and took the oath, after which they started stringing lies against their father. It was now evident that Oluwole Thomas would loose the suit filed against his wife, but unknown to everyone at the court of law, Oluwole's lawyer, who was also his cousin was expecting a scenario like this and had already prepared his counter-speech.
"My lord, I am saying before this court that the two kids here are asked to do this. I have evidences with me." Oluwole's lawyer began.
"Go on." The judge urged.
"Just lats week, this girl here, called me last week as well lamenting bitterly how their parent's misundersatnding is telling on the happiness in the house. She put all blames on her mother, blaming her for falling out with their father." He explained.
"I want to ask my colleague here that, is it possible for you to oppose bitterly with tears in your eyes a week ago and change to defend the person you opposed a week ago, with tears in your eyes once again?" He asked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by seunviju(f): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Yeeeepaaa,make I never talk anything o.Thanks for the update
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by tecno4life(m): 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Onemansquad:

ma'am cum here why did u quote all d update
*removes ma koboko wit 5 branches*

Flog her well
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Jummygal: 12:04am On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks for the update,can't wait to have more!!!thumbs up to you
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by richyimos(m): 12:16am On Dec 16, 2014
nice one

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 2:21am On Dec 16, 2014
Chai Lawyer mens sef are one smart people i like very well
#God help dem
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by rutemi: 7:01am On Dec 16, 2014
I day here
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Darus05(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2014
Nice work,I hope Oluwa win d case. Anita na bad women *I pray nt 2 get ur type o*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2014
Hmmmm...... Na wa for Anita ooo. If you want to control a man is that how you are to go about it?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by alabig(m): 9:29am On Dec 16, 2014
The repelling of lies seem to provoke karma. Anita seems to hit a ditch while thomas stoop to conquer.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by oscoxa214(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2014
oluwa is involve...the woman Anita seriously lack motherhood. .even if she want a divorce she shouldn't av turned her children against each other and a bigger crime against their father. didn't she think of d future repercussions. .I pray I never meet this kind of woman...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 11:30am On Dec 16, 2014
why is Anita making tinz difficult 4 herself nd her children? nd mayb her so called frnd is nt actually telling her d truth abt her own marriage cus some woman can tell d whole world dat their marriage is a happy nd peaceful one bt in actual sense their home is a living hell

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by phunmielomo(f): 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
dey send u to me?
stuff46:
must you
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by phunmielomo(f): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
bad belle.

Flog her well[/quote]
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
phunmielomo:
bad belle.

Flog her well
Who re they flogging
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Omololamide(f): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
now that im enjoying it, y does it have to stop.... weldone.....
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2014
phunmielomo:
dey send u to me?

if you think so
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2014
I'm now here, I don't know why I always came late...

I stand to be corrected
D9ty7 da boss, there are a lot of typo in the last update, which is obvious to be mention, so please try to... You know

So, na so this serena of a thing go tarnish her image...

Im-patiently waiting...

D9ty7, you are surely the boss
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
wow nice story....following nice job

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.