Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

This Is Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Nigeria! (487 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Nigeria! by zboyd: 12:30am On Sep 25, 2014
Is international media coverage helping or hurting Nigeria's image?

In your opinion, what should or should not be exposed about Nigeria, to the outside world?

Why do you think journalists prefer to write about Nigeria's challenges, rather than its successes?

Should the Nigerian government be able to sue journalists who launch smear campaigns designed to 'tarnish Nigeria's image'?

What's your opinion of visiting celebrities or politicians who criticize Nigeria in the press?
Re: This Is Nigeria! by Raiders: 1:03am On Sep 25, 2014
The international media are not tarnishing the image of Nigeria but stating the facts about Nigeria. how can you solve a problem if you don't first admit that there is a problem? Nigeria is facing lots problem and the best way to solve our problems is for our government to start being held accountable for their actions. I have never seen any international media wrongly accused Nigeria. They all report the facts on ground. or do you want them to lie just to improve the image of Nigeria?
Re: This Is Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 25, 2014
Leave the international media out of this.

A"brown envelope" had being passed to the (Blacksheep) PRESS to tarnish NOT nigeria's image BUT nigeria's Present GOVT image.
GEJ still remains the worst pres nigeria have had.
Re: This Is Nigeria! by richeso: 3:25am On Sep 25, 2014
urhoboman: Leave the international media out of this.

A"brown envelope" had being passed to the (Blacksheep) PRESS to tarnish NOT nigeria's image BUT nigeria's Present GOVT image.
GEJ still remains the worst pres nigeria have had.

Bros, I guess the Op dey right oo... The int media no dey talk about gov that much.
It talks about "Nigeria" not "nigerian government.
I have seen such issues times without numbers.

And when it comes to "Nigeria" nothing positive is reported.
Atleast if u want make pikin do better and try more, u encourage its efforts small na atleast.
I no care about government oo. I care about NIGERIA as a nation.
Re: This Is Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 25, 2014
richeso:

Bros, I guess the Op dey right oo... The int media no dey talk about gov that much.
It talks about "Nigeria" not "nigerian government.
I have seen such issues times without numbers.

And when it comes to "Nigeria" nothing positive is reported.
Atleast if u want make pikin do better and try more, u encourage its efforts small na atleast.
I no care about government oo. I care about NIGERIA as a nation.
I partly agree with you. But it still baffles me how and why are there always a mishap in this present administration every now and then. A question that doesn't need an ans.

This is AFRICA, the international media careless. I have not heard or watched them praise any african country.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Cried Over Nigeria Before? / Why I’m Running For For President Again — Buhari --- according To Him, “today, / Fresh $5.7m Scandal: You Have Turned Nigeria To A Rogue Nation, APC Tells GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.