Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. (1981 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Buhari Urges Okechukwu Enelamah To Join Cabinet / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Sibabasibaba1: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2014
Buhari the democracy destroyer! The man who took Nigeria back 20 years. The chief coupist who denies his involvement in coups. You can't get what you destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by chimerase2: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2014
Change change change undecided
Dat was how rochas was campaigning abt change mind you he is de incumbent Governor grin
To tell u how silly some APC re undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by egift(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2014
Nigerian elites who are neck deep into corruption will always fight against GMB. It is left for Nigerians to vote Buhari and free themselves from these corrupt politicians.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by egift(m): 9:45am On Sep 25, 2014
[s]
Sibabasibaba1: Buhari the democracy destroyer! The man who took Nigeria back 20 years. The chief coupist who denies his involvement in coups. You can't get what you destroyed.
[/s]

Obviously you have no clue of reality. Just ranting the propaganda they are spoon-feeding you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by omenka(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2014
Abagworo: After all said and done, Buhari is almost flawless as a leader and as a man. As for becoming President of Nigeria, that is almost impossible for him as the powers that be are compromised and have a brotherhood of corruption which Buhari represents the opposite.
Were it not for the fact that he's Human, I would have said he's without a flaw!!

I still find it unbelievable that someone who was once a MILITARY RULER in NIGERIA and at some point headed a critical sector of the petroleum industry, has NO INTERESTS WHATSOEVER in that sector!!!

What Osita said is really no news to the educated folks. It has been our opinion here, for as long as we can remember, that the elite would fight tooth and nail to ensure Buhari doesn't get there for they know he would definitely secure for them an accommodation in KiriKiri!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Gbawe: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2014
Chubhie: honourable Gbawe, I do not believe that line of thought of saying it paid Tinubu then not to decamp to PDP. For christ sakes, it paid off handsomely for Tinubu today not only did he have lagos in his pockets but an entire southwest. He got it all planed from the beginning!!!!! Today Tinubu has done so well for himself that he's now the face of Nigerian opposition leadership gunning for central govt! Can you beat that? He even bigger,better and more relevant than OBJ. I have nothing but Respect for Tinubu.

My good brother, there is nothing you claim Tinubu is doing under the APC today he could not have done 50 times worse under the Party (PDP) that is brazen corruption personified. When Tinubu was standing up to the onslaught of OBJ and fighting for political survival do you think he was doing it for the part in bold above or out of principle? Would it not have been the easiest and most financially and politically profitable thing in the world for Tinubu to take the view "if you cannot beat them then join them"?

If Tinubu had offered the 'crown jewel' State of Lagos, then the PDP would have been prepared to give him anything he wanted to gain a State that would assists them change the dynamics of Nigerian politics for good. The logic of the reality we all witnessed is there for us to discern even as many prefer to see Tinubu as a man who places money above everything else.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Chubhie: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2014
omenka: You still play into their hands man. They say he's a fanatic cos he said this or that (some of which are yet to be proven to this day), yet no one calls Jonathan a fanatic even though we have countless images of him genuflecting before innumerable "men of God", some gunrunners, and others, bribe givers. Imagine what people would say if pictures of Buhari praying in a mosque were released!! It is just thesame old stuff of giving a dog a mad name to hang it!

A man with no religion is a man with no soul. Even Atheists have their own religion!!
I don't do hear say but study a comprehensive view of diverse opinions both for and against and then drew an objective view from the object being studied the results of which are held tentatively. Bout your last line, don't let a philosopher see that.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by pentagonal: 9:48am On Sep 25, 2014
can't wait for a government that will tie fake drug and contrabands dealer to the drums and shoot em all to death....

can't wait for a government that will heap lengthy jail terms on the modafvckers appropriating our common patrimony for themselves and their families and cronies.

can't wait for a government to instill discipline in our public life and civil service oozing of mortuary stenching corruption.

can't wait for a government that sees the hospitality of the citizenry as it only priority.

can't wait for a government that is ready to tell our ever oil greed foreign partners to go to blazes.

sai buhari... 2015 we pray...

quote Ibrahim badamosi babaginda the greatest looter of our time...... if buhari should become president I will go on exile.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by focus7: 9:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Chubhie: If Atiku will offer to "buy APC" you should be more afraid when men as Tinubu are lurking around to cut best deals for himself. I respect Tinubu who takes nothing personal just business.
is obvious u don't know the man Tinubu and cannot appreciate his worth. Tinibu is d leader that is lacking in the political settings of many regions in Nigeria that make people with no credibility and ideology to spring up to occupy political positions which they cannot defend. Before u talk ill of Tinubu judge him by his products, I mean men and women he has mentored in politics and check their outstanding results, the bible says by their fruits we shall know them. A true leader is not just one that deliver in his task but he dat also duplicate himself in others to produce d same thing as him. Tell me who has all the people you are celebrating mentored but their case has being crooks flocking with crooks, check all the personality in PDP and point out a man that can match the leadership quality of Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 25, 2014
focus7: u are not making any sense. Is there anything wrong in barcanista's stance so far? For all I know change is constant and we allare products of change so there is nothing wrong in one changing his view on issue at any point, is only a fool that doesn't change his opinion when he's enlightened.
Mogidi is pathetic troll. He kept spamming every thread that he sees me with that nonsense. But i have created a thread for him and other trolls
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Sibabasibaba1: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2014
What is Buhari's vision for Nigeria? No idea, no vision, no plan. Some people are just mad. Someone who ruled or ruined (?) Nigeria 30 years ago to come back and rule us again? Perhaps his fellow coupist and democracy destroyer, IBB, was right: Nigerian youths are not ready for leadership. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Chubhie: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Gbawe:

My good brother, there is nothing you claim Tinubu is doing under the APC today he could not have done 50 times worse under the Party (PDP) that is brazen corruption personified. When Tinubu was standing up to the onslaught of OBJ and fighting for political survival do you think he was doing it for the part in bold above or out of principle? Would it not have been the easiest and most financially and politically profitable thing in the world for Tinubu to take the view "if you cannot beat them then join them"?

If Tinubu had offered the 'crown jewel' State of Lagos, then the PDP would have been prepared to give him anything he wanted to gain a State that would assists them change the dynamics of Nigerian politics for good. The logic of the reality we all witnessed is there for us to discern even as many prefer to see Tinubu as a man who places money above everything else.
Honourable, no need for us going all round n round. First, you have to accept that Tinubu is no different from politicians who does things first for personal interests. 2nd, that Tinubu is the greatest Nigerian politician in the last decade. 3rd, that it paid Tinubu to be in APC, have southwest in his pockets, be the mover n shaker of opposition politics and yet have access to the sitting president. Regardless of what happens in 2015, it will and has always been a win win for Tinubu.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Chubhie: 10:06am On Sep 25, 2014
focus7: is obvious u don't know the man Tinubu and cannot appreciate his worth. Tinibu is d leader that is lacking in the political settings of many regions in Nigeria that make people with no credibility and ideology to spring up to occupy political positions which they cannot defend. Before u talk ill of Tinubu judge him by his products, I mean men and women he has mentored in politics and check their outstanding results, the bible says by their fruits we shall know them. A true leader is not just one that deliver in his task but he dat also duplicate himself in others to produce d same thing as him. Tell me who has all the people you are celebrating mentored but their case has being crooks flocking with crooks, check all the personality in PDP and point out a man that can match the leadership quality of Tinubu.
I don't speak ill of Tinubu. I speak out of admiration and Respect for a man that has done so well for himself and family against all odds.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by focus7: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Chubhie: honourable Gbawe, I do not believe that line of thought of saying it paid Tinubu then not to decamp to PDP. For christ sakes, it paid off handsomely for Tinubu today not only did he have lagos in his pockets but an entire southwest. He got it all planed from the beginning!!!!! Today Tinubu has done so well for himself that he's now the face of Nigerian opposition leadership gunning for central govt! Can you beat that? He even bigger,better and more relevant than OBJ. I have nothing but Respect for Tinubu.
that makes Tinubu a genius u should envy cause is not all that plan out a thing achieve it. If just as u said that Tinubu has all planned out from one state AD party to form AC which took over 4 more states from south west and Edo states and later form APC that's now a major threat to pdp then we must say Tinubu is a visionier and achiever, a feat u may never be able to achieve in life except God is by u to help u. Jonathan ur hero cannot match the achievement of Tinubu.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Chubhie: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2014
focus7: that makes Tinubu a genius u should envy cause is not all that plan out a thing achieve it. If just as u said that Tinubu has all planned out from one state AD party to form AC which took over 4 more states from south west and Edo states and later form APC that's now a major threat to pdp then we must say Tinubu is a visionier and achiever, a feat u may never be able to achieve in life except God is by u to help u. Jonathan ur hero cannot match the achievement of Tinubu.
I'm interested in how you arrived at the conclusion that Oga Jona is my hero.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2014
Chubhie: Buhari looks too rigid to preside over a complex entity as Nigeria. The leadership that Nigeria demands today is of one with flexibility,compromise,tact and a youth with cutting edge knowledge of how 22nd century diplomacy and leadership works. To drive it a lil bit home to My General- tribe and religion has already placed some limits on him. Can a buhari truly go beyond the veil of islam for a greater good? Or can there even be a genuine brotherly love between him and men from across the Niger?
98Likes
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by akoaki(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2014
Most nigerians agree that the greatest evils in the country are corruption and ignorance. If there is an opportunity to fight and defeat this twin enemies, it may be worth trying.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by akoaki(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2014
What makes nigeria looks complex to many people is the prevalence of corruption and ignorance. Whenever our leaders are able to fight and subdue this menace, the country will become a simpler community of people with similar aspirations.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by focus7: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2014
Chubhie: I'm interested in how you arrived at the conclusion that Oga Jona is my hero.
pardon my wrong judgement.
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by 2B1ASK1(m): 11:11am On Sep 25, 2014
In this country, we keep complaining of things not working well and things going from bad to worse. Now elections are coming in 2015 and we supposedly have the power to try something else yet, we refuse. we find excuses and still vote the same people who put us through hell.
Nigerian have no excuse to suffer because we have the capacity to be great but our so called leaders put us through all these hardship.
We can vote Buhari in in 2015 and if things don't improve we vote him out in the subsequent elections.
We can't be doing the same thing and expect a different result, that's the definition of madness.
The elite will do everything at their disposal to keep Buhari out of power. The sell all sorts of lies to us and we swallow them hook,line and sinker.
They use religion and ethnicity to devide us and the are the biggest gainers. Most of the youths today are not even born or were just babies when Buhari was in power so they believe whatever lies the elite sponsor on the pages of newspaper.
As for me and my household its General Buhari come 2015 and i pray our vote counts.
The moment Buhari steps to power you will see the elite seeking asylum overseas because the know it will not be business as usual.
Things have to work in this country. we have no other country to call our own. Upon the massive invetment in the power sector its still not working. refineries have to come back to life, we just can't be importing refined fuel in the 21st century.
GEJ originally meant well for Nigeria and he is a good man with good intentions but the cabals have strangled him that is why he is seeking another term to implement is good will but its sort of late. in this job there's no time for learning on the job we need someone who can hit the groung running from day one.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by Nonybb: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2014
BUHARI'S record and integrity is not in question but our collective fear as South Easterners is that he is an unapologetic Islamic Bigot
Re: Why Nigerian Elites Don't Want Buhari As President- Osita Okechukwu. by 2B1ASK1(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2014
Nonybb: BUHARI'S record and integrity is not in question but our collective fear as South Easterners is that he is an unapologetic Islamic Bigot
So what would an islamic bigot do while in power?. will he unanimousely declare you entire south east a sharia state?.
My brother, please wake up. What are the National Assemblies for?.We need to try something else not the same thing and expect a different result.

(1) (2) (Reply)

(shocking Photo) ISIS Crucifies 17-yr Old Boy For 3 Days After Taking Photos / Photos From President Jonathan’s Second Term Declaration / Anambra Governor’s Wife, Ebele Obiano SLAPS Deputy’s Wife At Public Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.