Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable (840 Views)

Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2014
With calls from various quarters to dissolve the entity called Nigeria, it expedient that we apply some wisdom here.

Do you know that the US, China, UK, are great nations today partly to their good leaders and especially their numbers.

Nigeria definitely is the pride of Africa, no doubt, the envy of S/A, Ghana and other countries. If you dont believe this, visit those countries and see how you will be treated.

However, a house divided against itself cannot stand. Let's stop blackmailing our leaders, its will never help, doing this. And if you a Christian, I believe you should know that we are not supposed to speak ill of our leaders.
Come to think of it, you and I were alive when Chief Obasanjo was the president. He was condemned, abused, some would even curse him then, some wished him dead. Why all this?
Now, he is our man; the same thing that others faced.

Politicians and journalists should fear God, and do the right thing; prosecute criminals don't propagate falsehood to score cheap fame....
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2014
.... Let the truth and sincerity be our watchword.
If perhaps, Nigeria is divided today, expect a more invasion of our economy from the big mouthed countries, properties will be lost, war is not going to be uncommon, generational hatred, more poverty- the disolution will favour some and military regime again?

However, if we remain one, in the next 10 years, Nigeria will be a first world country. We shall be exporting cars, trains, aircrafts, etc. This is not just a wish, it is the reason for the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA, of the Goodluck Jonathan government.

Support peace, support development- it's for the general good of all.
Thank You
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by khadaffi(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2014
grin grin grin

Una don start work
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2014
khadaffi: grin grin grin

Una don start work
Pele undecided
khadaffi: grin grin grin

Una don start work
Pele
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by Omololu007(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
DoctorStephen: .... Let the truth and sincerity be our watchword.
If perhaps, Nigeria is divided today, expect a more invasion of our economy from the big mouthed countries, properties will be lost, war is not going to be uncommon, generational hatred, more poverty- the disolution will favour some and military regime again?

However, if we remain one, in the next 10 years, Nigeria will be a first world country. We shall be exporting cars, trains, aircrafts, etc. This is not just a wish, it is the reason for the TRANSFORMATION AGENDA, of the Goodluck Jonathan government.

Support peace, support development- it's for the general good of all.
Thank You
nonsens,,,babaginda told us abt vision 2000,abacha told us abt vision 2010,,yardua told us abt vision 2020,,now u are now askin us to wait for anoda 10yrs again for dis YEYE Jonathan transformation agenda,,i do hav lite for jst 4hrs in a day,yet i pay more dan 4k every month,,yeye country if nigeria divide or not,i dont giv a DAM
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by Donmarrius: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
Op,you are a stinking scunt.

Are you trying to 'jail' the right of indigenous people in Nigeria,to self determination?.

Are you aware that such right,is enshrined in UN charter,and Nigeria is signatory to it?

You made mention of population,here is the population of some world powers,
France- 66.03million
Uk- 64.1million.

Turkey,an European country as well,with a whooping population of 76.6million,can't stand either of France or UK.

If population is all that matters,France and UK,and even Russia(143.4million),will be paying homage,to China,India,indonesia,pakistan and Bangladesh,with populations of 1.357b,1.257b,248.7m,183.9m and 154.5m respectively.

In the Asian world,Japan has lower population,in comparism,to the above mentioned Asian countries,with a population of 127.3m,constituting just 2.97~3% of the population of the Asian world,but yet,Japan is a force to be reckoned with,in all spheres of life.

If you must know,most ethnic groups in Nigeria,are bigger in population,than some western countries.

People must be allowed,to decide who or what they wants to be!

3 Likes

Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 5:10am On Sep 26, 2014
Donmarrius: Op,you are a stinking scunt.....
I will be forced to say that this and the statsistics you gave are the best part of your reply.
You dont win a debate by arguing from one direction.
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by Donmarrius: 8:34am On Sep 26, 2014
DoctorStephen:
I will be forced to say that this and the statsistics you gave are the best part of your reply.
You dont win a debate by arguing from one direction.
Arguing from one direction?
Don't run away from your 'line' of arguement.This is what you said,and i qoute,
"Do you know that the US,China, UK, are great
nations today 'partly' to
their good leaders and
'especially' their numbers."

If you understand what 'partly' and 'especially' meant,you will understand why i took you from the 'especially' angel.
The 'especially' angel,is the population angel,and that's why i concretely emphasized on it.

1 Like

Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by Donmarrius: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2014
On the 'partly' aspect,which you tagged leadership,hear this;
No ethnic group in Nigeria,is suffering from dearth of leaders,but the present way Nigeria is being constituted,breeds corruption,because our leaders are not answerable to us,but to their paymaster in Aso Rock,and state government houses.
Take for instance,in the era when Nigeria was practising true federalism,Awo was answerable to his peopld in the west,and so also M.I Okpara in the East,etc,these leaders are great,and corruption was at its bearest minimium,unlike now.
Therefore,its not about leadership,but the system.

You also made mention of Leadership in UK,and US.
Are you aware that those countries practice true federalism,a psuedo autonomous states within the country?.
Are aware that scot has their own parliament?.
Please always analyse issues,before delving into them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Donmarrius: On the 'partly' aspect,which you tagged leadership,hear this;
No ethnic group in Nigeria,is suffering from dearth of leaders,but the present way Nigeria is being constituted,breeds corruption,because our leaders are not answerable to us,but to their paymaster in Aso Rock,and state government houses.
Take for instance,in the era when Nigeria was practising true federalism,Awo was answerable to his peopld in the west,and so also M.I Okpara in the East,etc,these leaders are great,and corruption was at its bearest minimium,unlike now.

Are you aware that those countries practice true federalism,a psuedo autonomous states within the country?.
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Donmarrius: On the 'partly' aspect,which you tagged leadership,hear this;

I am happy to learn from you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by Donmarrius: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
DoctorStephen:
I am happy to learn from you. Thank you
My pleasure.
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by ibedun: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
nonsense post.

I am a Yoruba man anytime and anyday.

I am Odua man first and foremost.

2 Likes

Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by T8ksy(m): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
ibedun: nonsense post.

I am a Yoruba man anytime and anyday.

I am Odua man first and foremost.

GBABE!!!!

Was born an Oduan .............and will die an Oduan!!!

1 Like

Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2014
Learn from Sudan
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by Fruitful2: 10:34am On Oct 04, 2014
It's unfortunate.The leaders you are fighting for are dinning together only have issues because of personal Interest.

NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN ANY PERSONAL INTEREST.
Re: For Our Own Good, The Unity Of Nigeria Is Non-negotiable by DoctorStephen(m): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be President In 2015, By Kwankwaso / What if d fg awarded seun? / NDA Names Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC 2014/2015 Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.