Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,743 members, 7,837,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

I Am Not Blaspheming - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Not Blaspheming (11195 Views)

Nigeria Transgender Stephanie Rose Blaspheming God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by abose(m): 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
The devil has been at it for a long time and we need to remember that when it comes to the scriptures as well. There are folks who will argue that this very medium was created by the devil but we can also use it for real Christian fellowship because at the end of the day, God owns the devil too even after casting him out of the Heavenly realm. The devil is hell bent on taking as many folks with him as possible hence the confusion over the very way we should or should not serve our God, no wonder we see "churches" being run like fortune 500 companies these days and folks who have been "trained" or indoctrinated to tow the "company line".
At the end of the day, we will all give account of our stewardship and it won't have anything to do with our debating skills or the lack thereof. God gave us an ever present "program" aka conscience/grace to act as a constant guide/companion so we can parse/process what we hear&see in accordance with his will for us, to cap it all, he also gave us his only begotten son Jesus Christ to pay our debt and show us the way home and he is the ONLY one we need to follow as real Christians.
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
@KunleOshob/Jagoon, chukwudi44 and others that have the same persuasion,

Since you guys don't believe in the divine origin of the Bible but claim that it is the work of some Catholic monks.  I will like you to check on the history of how God has preserved His infallible Word for us despite all the attacks to corrupt it, and you will realise that you have been igniting strange fire like Nadab and Abihu did.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by KunleOshob(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2009
@Olaadegbu
Whilst i understand and appreciate your belief in the bible as the infallible word of God, i do not wish to continue in this debate as i stand at the risk of being misunderstood, misrepresented and sending the wrong signals if i continue. I remain resolute in my christian beliefs which is faith in God through his son Christ Jesus and i see the bible as a guide to the truth. Thank you.
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 09, 2009
@Oladeegbu

I REALLY PITY YOUR IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY ,DO YOU THINK YHAT THE bIBLE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED IN IT 'S PRESENT FORM,SORRY TO DISAPOINT YOU THE BIBLE CAME INTO EXISTENCE IN THE FOURTH CENTURY AND NOT EARLIER THAN THAT ,WE HAD OVER 100 DIFFERANT SCRIPTURES FROM WHICH 73 OF THEM WERECANONISED.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO WALLOW IN SELF DECEIT I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 09, 2009
If I say You are stupid it will be as if I am insulting you,you wasted my precios time by directing me to a stupid website which has nothing to offer other than just cartoons.

I expected you to bring me historical facts countering my assertions instead what I see is a puerile cartoon.

This is how the christioan canon was decided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_the_Christian_Biblical_canon
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 09, 2009
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by abose(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
chukwudi44 (Olorun maje sun ku)

Trusting the RCC and their agents with the Bible is like trusting a mouse with some cheese. Our God works in wonderful ways and not even the devil can spoil his show no matter how many people the devil employs.
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2009
abose:

chukwudi44 (Olorun maje sun ku)

Trusting the RCC and their agents with the Bible is like trusting a mouse with some cheese. Our God works in wonderful ways and not even the devil can spoil his show no matter how many people the devil employs.

Abose when you die and see catholics in heaven are you not going to enter again ?
Re: I Am Not Blaspheming by focused123(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2009
The Islamist are confused period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? / Who Is The Head Of A Christian Home? Christ Or The Husband? / What Is Heaven Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.