Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? (992 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? by OnyeEgo1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
My greatest weakpoint is that i don't like beating in any form or type, i am kind of a slow to display anger type, snail slow, and cos of dat eh the kind junior bro i come get, na breaking heart dem be....

Picture this scenerio>>>

*amongst friends gisting*

Stanley: victor dem dey call you.
Me: chai! U no dey put 'broda' for person wey senior u name.
Stanley: No be d name dem take born u na.
Me: E no go better for ur uncle
Stanley: Na ur Uncle too.
Me: God purnish you.
Stanley: and also wit u.

*chases him away, cos datz aw far i can go, dose boys u no dey fit catch dem o*

*Tired and hungry*

Me: Kingsley come help me buy rice 50, beans 20, spag 10, one kponmon and one meat.
Kingsley: ok
*hands him d money and went to bed for a short nap*
30 mins later,
*woke up and went to the plate thinking the food must have been cold by now, only to find nothing*

Me: Jesu!, 'so dis guy never buy d fud'. Kingsley why u never buy the food.
Kingsley: I forget wetin u send me, shey na kponmon and meat or only kpomon.
Me: chai! I have died
*picks up slippers, throws at him and seize his game, which e took dat same evening*

*conversing with a female friend in the street*

Nathan: egbon gud evening.
Me: how far na.
Nathan: aunty gud evening o.
Tinuke: thank you
Nathan: eh aunty, i be want thank you for discussing wit my bros here, base on say u fine and he na one kind book boring person, e no dey gree talk to anybody, everytym only am, thank u eh

*mouth wide open in surprise lookin at my junior bro back to my friend, feeling embarassed*

Me: no vex abeg tinuke, (chases nathan screaming 'Aiye ti baje ni')

P.S>> those are real life occurences, no addition, no substraction. In my next life i would like to be senior to girls not boys lai lai.

How do u deal with ur own stubborn siblings?
Re: A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? by Ephramed(m): 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
Though they are kind of annoying sometimes cos naija children been stubborn since 13AD,and they need to be restored to factory settings sometimes,but being kind does the trick sometimes.
Re: A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? by Enoquin(f): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Sounds like Nollywood. where do you get the strength to chase your younger ones for every misdeed?
undecided I give mine the 'look' perem! When we play ere oshi is when my sister is forcefully trying to peck me or I am pointing out a task that was left undone and either my brother starts giving me pecks or giving me a light hug to remove the sting from my light scolding but when it's a very serious issue, I give them the look or silent treatment and once in a long while, I scold.
God blessed me with good siblings sha

I think the key thing is how you carry yourself. Early on, while we were still growing I specifically told them not to call me aunty. I explained to them that I wasn't their aunt, as an aunt was a relation and not part of a nuclear family. Today, I have more respect from them than from the cousins they called aunts and uncles.
Re: A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
When i chase dem it helps me let go off my anger, moreover i am use to chasing dem rada dan do beat dem.....

Many atimes dey trouble me for fun.... Dey are lovable tho, even wit dia wahala...
Re: A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? by Haywhymido(m): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2014
Enoquin: Sounds like Nollywood. where do you get the strength to chase your younger ones for every misdeed?
undecided I give mine the 'look' perem! When we play ere oshi is when my sister is forcefully trying to peck me or I am pointing out a task that was left undone and either my brother starts giving me pecks or giving me a light hug to remove the sting from my light scolding but when it's a very serious issue, I give them the look or silent treatment and once in a long while, I scold.
God blessed me with good siblings sha

I think the key thing is how you carry yourself. Early on, while we were still growing I specifically told them not to call me aunty. I explained to them that I wasn't their aunt, as an aunt was a relation and not part of a nuclear family. Today, I have more respect from them than from the cousins they called aunts and uncles.
so what do dey call u?? Ur name or sister ...??
Re: A SHORT STORY: How Do You Deal With Annoying Siblings? by Enoquin(f): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Haywhymido: so what do dey call u?? Ur name or sister ...??

My name

(1) (Reply)

My Type Of Wife I Wish To Marry.. / Toddler Beaten By Housegirl Is Dead? / Can The Term "Rape" Be Used Within Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.