Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? (29618 Views)

The Black Man: Unchained Lust And Its Wake Of Distruction / Why You Cant Succeed In This Life / Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by valdes00(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

grin you might wanna google Jonah Falcon grin He's sure to make your tralala look like an anorexic maggot next to his. I'm just saying. Oh & he is white *shocked face*

He holds a world record for it, do you? I'm just saying tongue
Its obvious u fail to read the part I said ..... Even if there is , its nt much
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by 1metre: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
[quote author=yomi007k]
Blacks still rule d world where? In ur dreams? Bros leave dt talk, na wash dem dey wash us.[/quote)so u dont know that black is supreme? Have u forgotten that civilisation first started in Africa? Egypt being the centre point were European scholars gain access to first enlightenment in education during the pre-historic era. Therefore the orientation of the black spirit still rule the world today. So many white people posses black spirit, they are white by virtue of figment but internally black.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
Obi1kenobi:

Greece is FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR better in every indices of living than any African country, so what's thepoint of those pictures?
The point, you brainless dunce, is that being born white does not guarantee you will live a good life. As for Greece being "far far better", go tell that to the Greeks currently dying for lack of health care, committing suicide in droves, losing their jobs, losing all their belongings, and living homeless on the streets. Go tell them they are "far far better" than the millions of Africans who are NOT experiencing such stress, and are enjoying the good life, and see if you don't get a fist in your nose for your troubles. Brainless pig.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
chulla12: All of the pro-blacks and pan Africans have come out with their claws in tow.

I believe that there is something to be said about how quick we are to defend our own and I respect that because of our biological drive for self preservation. There is also a territorial aspect that comes with it too. We don't want to say or concede things that will make us vulnerable to our adversaries. Heck, a white, asian, or Australian aborigine is taught to say yes with respect to this kind of question.

I get it. I get it all.

That being said, my first post is my conclusion after weighing the pros and cons with respect to living my full potential in life. It doesn't come from a place of feeling inferior racially or by downing my heritage.

To clarify though - I'm not keen on being happy with my race or ethnicity because of so-called cultural achievements or cultural diversity either. I appreciate the diversity and achievement of the human race in general but I have recently decided to refrian from ethnicizing such because of underlying politics that begin to uproot from that.

So while black people have made cultural contributions to the world, I could care less. Ditto white people or asians. When these things are ethnicized our competitive and ugly, discriminating natures come out and it devolves to an interracial and intraracial battle (see NL bigots for instance) that I would rather avoid.

So, why do I say that I'd rather not reincarnate as Black? Logic! And a desire to maximize my chances of living long and living well.

1. On average, you are accorded more societal respect when you are not black, as opposed to being so. Institutionalized discrimination, police brutality, slavery in certain non-black countries, racial tensions, being judged in some of the worst ways until you prove yourself. Negative stereotypes that affect your sanity. Constantly devising racial conspiracy theories to explain our collective miseries. Given an opportunity to live a life devoid of these burdens, I will go for it...sorry bro.

2. In all-black countries, the metrics that measure standard of living and access to basic amenities paint a grim story. This is a hard core fact that cannot be explained away by lofty stories of African grandiosity. Most of us struggle to immigrate to countries where we are further exploited and discriminated because we want to escape poverty. The rest of us stay behind and have to deal with incompetencey, lower standards (compared to the rest of the world), disease, violence, corruption, militancy. Why deal with all these when, by virtue of my birthright, I can live comfortably as an indigene of the first world, making global contributions to lofty ideals such as science, space travel, singularity, and other innovations? Rather than thinking of old world struggles like emancipation or poverty alleviation?

Of course the next thing you will ask is what I have done to effect change towards the life I aspire to assuming I was another race. Well, I am an externalist and I believe that there is only so much one person can do. I cannot change our situation alone, and I don't even forsee a significant change overall for many centuries. I could choose to come back as a prominent black person but my depression at the racial collective will still weigh me down. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

So forgive my wanting to imbibe the finer experiences of life.

Indians are poorer than Africans. New studies have shown this. Do a google.. How does this square with your black racial inferiority complex?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Hmmm. African does not mean blackman please. Blacks are found in subsaharan Africa; Egypt is not in subsaharan Africa. Well, in my own history lessons paper & writing started in China, Hieroglyphics started later in Egypt. Which subsaharan empire contributed anything scientific to the march of civilization? Please lets stop being disingenious with history. Am also black and proud but i loose nothing by being honest with myself concerning the glaring current failures of my race!
You are an ignorant fooool. Just shut up and stop fouling up the place with your historical illiteracy. Walking dunce. It is this crass historical illiteracy that accounts for so much self hate among Africans. Go and open a godamn history book on Africa and read for once in your fuc.king life. Start with Cheikh Anta Diop. He is Africa's most respected historian, but I can guess less than 1% of you have even heard of him, much less read his works. Disgraceful, hopeless, stup.id people. Sure, it's easier to simply hate and demean yourself than to actually take the time and energy to use your God given brains to research your history. Spit.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
ROSSIKE: Indians are poorer than Africans. New studies have shown this. Do a google.. How does this square with your black racial inferiority complex?

Poverty is a major reason for why Africans and the Black Diaspora are held back, but it is not the only one.

The global racial hierarchy (i.e. who gets what type of discrimination) is another reason. In that sense Indians have it better than we do.

If I decide to come back as another nationality- probably Singaporean, South Korean or Finnish.

They live comfortable developed lifestyles today but did not achieve this through empire building or exploitation of others - at least to my knowledge.

In all honestly though...Ideally I would beg God place me in another part of the universe, inhabited by an intelligent and forward thinking species without all of negative proclivities that are common to the human race. No wars, human competition for dominance, hatred, lies, poverty, diseases, selfishness or backwardness.

We have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
chulla12:

Poverty is a major reason for why Africans and the Black Diaspora are held back, but it is not the only one.

The global racial hierarchy (i.e. who gets what type of discrimination) is another reason. In that sense Indians have it better than we do..
What is your business with "racial hierarchy" if you live in a black nation? Such artificially created hierarchies should only affect you if you live outside Africa or the Carribean. A black man who lives in Africa or the Carribean should have no reason to desire a lighter skin. Indians and South Asians number more than Africans by at least an extra billion, and they are poorer than Africans. So how does their light skin help them?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by sweetgala(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
I'd be cheating myself if I didn't choose to return as a black man.
All I'll do different would be make use of the life lessons and experiences I've had so far to make better decisions .

As a people we have not neared our potential and do not realise the advantage nature has bestowed upon our race.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Who says that the racial hierarchy doesn't spread its tentacles to black nations?

Be honest, who is likely to get better treatment in Nigeria or many African nations? The foreign expatriates (such as Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, Europeans, etc) or the natives?

Many of us enable this too, which is why I said Global.

ROSSIKE: the What is your business with "racial hierarchy" if you live in a black nation? Such artificially created hierarchies should only affect you if you live outside Africa or the Carribean.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
valdes00:
Its obvious u fail to read the part I said ..... Even if there is , its nt much

KEYWORD- "it isn't much". But it is!
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
chulla12: Who says that the racial hierarchy doesn't spread its tentacles to black nations?

Be honest, who is likely to get better treatment in Nigeria or many African nations? The foreign expatriates (such as Chinese, Lebanese, Indians, Europeans, etc) or the natives?

Many of us enable this too, which is why I said Global.

From my experience in Nigeria, you are treated well as a black if you are well-to-do. There is a not entirely unfounded assumption that the foreigners you listed would be well off, hence the good treatment they receive.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: SMH ,you are so desperate . let me help you raise your self esteem.

How does what I said come across desperate? Desperate for what exactly, Mr Einstein?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
ROSSIKE: From my experience in Nigeria, you are treated well as a black if you are well-to-do. There is a not entirely unfounded assumption that the foreigners you listed would be well off, hence the good treatment they receive.

Hey...ok, whatever you say bro. *shrugs*
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by InglishTeechar(m): 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Only a shallow minded blackman would come back a white man...u think d God dat created u made a mistake abi, for ur stupid request ur next visit to earth u will b made a monkey...wats wrong with black people hating their skin color as if they can create a bit of it...u can never find a white man complain about his color...some blacks are just suffering from inferiority complex.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: irrespective of the race a human chooses,over 80 percent of all humans would chose to look like the photos below. a handsome face,light brown to pale skin,pointed nose,tall,abs. (all of these features ranges within caucasian features)
Wesley snipes would not fit the character of will smith on fresh prince of bel air. samuel jackson doesn't fit the lover boy image in titanic.
Kindly shut your fuc.king lips and bugger off from here you nasty, stinking pig. We don't agree with your bullcrap so go sell that shiit to those on your Uncle Tom slaveboy level.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
lmao...i have seen poo in my life!

the immature poster above me needs serious direction in his sorry existence
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: you are pained by the truth. get over it cry baby.
You are stuck in the slave trade and colonial era, slaveboy. As the late great Fela Kuti said. "Colomentality..you done be slaveman before...dem don release you now...but you never release yourself". I can send more padlocks for your lips, you walking, stinking piece of colonial excreta.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by valdes00(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

KEYWORD- "it isn't much". But it is!
*yawns*... Wohrefa
Aint gat tym to argue wif a lady...
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by kobonaire(m): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
1metre: wat do u mean by reincarnation? Wat sign shows dat u are a reincarnated soul?
thread title says "come back to life again" .... is that not reincarnation?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
valdes00:
*yawns*... Wohrefa
Aint gat tym to argue wif a lady...

K
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
ROSSIKE: The point, you brainless dunce, is that being born white does not guarantee you will live a good life. As for Greece being "far far better", go tell that to the Greeks currently dying for lack of health care, committing suicide in droves, losing their jobs, losing all their belongings, and living homeless on the streets. Go tell them they are "far far better" than the millions of Africans who are NOT experiencing such stress, and are enjoying the good life, and see if you don't get a fist in your nose for your troubles. Brainless pig.
But you went on to post a pointless picture of some Nigerians lounging around in a hotel as if that's how most Nigerians live and put it side by side with a picture of Greeks in a humanitarian crisis, as if that reflects the difference between both groups. The point being it's a misleading pointless picture. What you'd expect a half-wit, childish troll to post.

Oh, and regardless of how many Greeks are homeless, jobless etc, they are STILL FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better than any African or black nation on the planet in every index of living. Bitter truth you have to swallow, sunshine.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if passions are put aside, most would covet and wish they had what others have which they don't have. What we have the potential to do is just that - potential. Not an actualized vision. The same problems our societies were battling before independence is what we're battling today. Basic poverty alleviation, patching up of roads, basic education for all etc. I was watching a brief clip in BBC's news round yesterday where a Mercedes self-propelled, self-controlled, self-cruising truck was being tested. And the massive advances in sustainable, renewable energy sources. And the imminent launch of 3 astronauts on a research mission to space. And the breakthrough in fighting Ebola. Those are not the problems we trouble ourselves with in our society. I would be telling a huge lie if I said I didn't envy what they are capable of achieving in their societies. The same way I believe many who say they don't envy their society are telling themselves huge lies.

All this!
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Obi1kenobi: There's something I want to point out to the wannabe Afrocentrists, "black power" and "national pride" chest thumpers. If you absolutely envy NOTHING or LITTLE about white society and aspire for nothing in their societies, then kudos to you. You're a true disciple. Possibly naive. Possibly in denial. But at least you have a principled stand. If you aspire for your society to be like theirs (which most do) and claim you don't wish you were them or in their shoes, you're a pretentious liar. It's like having a jobless, poverty sricken, lazy, drug abusing, violent, drunkard of a father and a friend of yours has the model family and you claim you don't wish your family were like his. That would make you a bit of an oddball character if true.

And quit throwing around words like "inferiority complex" while posturing in your grand delusions of being a superior thinker. A lot of the most virulent Afrocentrist preachers here are highly insecure people about the status of the Nigerian/African/black man and they think lashing out at others that are more willing to admit our considerable failings as a society compared to others would make them feel better with themselves.

Damn.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Obi1kenobi:
But you went on to post a pointless picture of some Nigerians lounging around in a hotel as if that's how most Nigerians live and put it side by side with a picture of Greeks in a humanitarian crisis, as if that reflects the difference between both groups. The point being it's a misleading pointless picture. What you'd expect a half-wit, childish troll to post.
You clearly suffer from a low IQ. The point which was obvious to everyone except your thick skull, was that being born white does not guarantee you would live a better life than a black person, irrespective of the demographics which you hastened to draw upon.

Oh, and regardless of how many Greeks are homeless, jobless etc, they are STILL FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better than any African or black nation on the planet in every index of living. Bitter truth you have to swallow, sunshine.
How are jobless, homeless, suffering Greeks struggling to get free milk or on the verge of suicide having lost everything, better than millions of well to do Nigerian, Ghanaian, Kenyan, or Senegalese people booking their summer holidays to Paris or shopping trips to Dubai? Ignorant, brainless dunce.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by ibrews: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
macof:

Coming from one with an inferior brain
oloshit!
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
ROSSIKE: You clearly suffer from a low IQ. The point which was obvious to everyone except your thick skull, was that being born white does not guarantee you would live a better life than a black person, irrespective of the demographics which you hastened to draw upon.
Who said being white gurantees you a better life than every black person? A pointless strawman argument.

How are jobless, homeless Greeks struggling to get free milk or on the verge of suicide having lost everything, better than millions of well to do Nigerian, Ghanaian, Kenyan, or Senegalese people booking their summer holidays to Paris or shopping trips to Dubai? Ignorant, brainless dunce.
Again, who as said that? There are rich and poor people in every society. What differs is the demographics. The fact remains the average Greek is much better off than the average citizen of those countries. Your entire line of arguments are pointless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

2019: Omoyele Sowore Visits Alaafin Of Oyo Over His Presidential Ambition / Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Protest In Warri Against Ayiri Emami Over 2nd Highest Title In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.