Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? (29568 Views)

The Black Man: Unchained Lust And Its Wake Of Distruction / Why You Cant Succeed In This Life / Black Man Is Forced To Be Classified As White In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
fagin1982:

Dont pray to be a SA black ..The grass looks green on paper but in reality its opposite ..Nigeria is way way better ....I love Nigeria..I rep Nigeria ..My Homeland

No
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by otijah(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
fagin1982:

Dont pray to be a SA black ..The grass looks green on paper but in reality its opposite ..Nigeria is way way better ....I love Nigeria..I rep Nigeria ..My Homeland

ok sir, bt am nt coming to naija
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: take some advil or tylenol.don't take your pain out on me. make your opinion known on the topic,learn to be tolerant and reasonable to other people's opinion,and leave.
I see nothing wrong and have no problem with any human who wishes they were tanned,light,dark or brown.tall,short,medium, etc.
there are whites who wish they were black,but evidence point to the fact that there are more dark skin people who would chose a lighter skin tone and predominantly what we know as caucasian features). to deny the facts is burying your head in the sand.
how such individuals choose to cope or remedy their perceived infirmity is really none of my business what so ever.
we all know that tanning under the sun causes skin cancer and sunburn,bleaching of skin causes disfigurement and uneven skin. and so its none of my business in the decisions that individuals later make after being presented with facts.
you and fulaman have chosen to love your skin,tribe or race. that's your decision in life ,to preserve your heritage. it doesn't matter if fulani were cavemen running around unclad, killing twins or using grinding stone,fulaman has chosen to preserve his culture that way.

In regards to what skin color and physical features most human beings would choose if they had a choice in their creation irrespective of other minor socio economic factors or privileges in this current civilization. evidence points to the unbiased facts that I have presented so far.

You make a fundamental mistake by thinking that because (according to you) a large percentage of people wish they were of another colour, it means anything other than an expression of the state of social conditioning prevalent at any moment in time, in a given place. You imbue such transient social phenomena with all sorts of (unspoken) attributes of natural superiority or inferiority of one over the other. I must inform you that on this same African continent, a time was when white was associated with disease and evil by the African majority. Albinos were forced to flee in many communities... (some researchers say that groups of them fled the continent in antiquity and seeded the 'white' race). So there is no permanence in anything. If and when the western economy collapses, it will be disastrous, and will set them back a century, while Asia and Africa - darker people, would overtake them, and the 'white ideal' would begin to crumble. It's happening already. See Asian growth plus Africa's fast growth rates compared to Europe's stagnation and austerity. Eventually, over say a century or two, that decline will filter down to issues like skin colour, with people shunning white skin as 'inferior' etc etc. So these things like which colour is ''more appealing'' are determined by economic power. The skin colour of the economically most powerful is always the ''most attractive'' skin colour. Success attracts like bees to a honeypot. But economic power is transient and shifting. The day Africa regains its place as the center of the global economy, black would become the new white.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Fulaman198(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
koyyes:
Gentle man that lacks human feeling to demand more for his own continent? You really should have kept quiet from the beginning.

I don't have time for people who are self-haters and lack any modicum of intelligence like yourself. If by reading through what I have written that I have no human feeling for his own continent then you are seriously more naive and daft as originally perceived. I think your comprehension skills are severely lacking. It is because I'm expressing my feelings about how Africans should love themselves that I'm even here to begin with. You on the other hand are encouraging Africans to hate themselves.

I have already spoken on the issue of poor leadership and how it needs to be addressed. But obviously you were not even attempting to lesson to any form of reason whatsoever. So be it.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by robbase: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
A very big YES, but definitely not a Nigerian, probably, an american. naija no b am
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
robbase: A very big YES, but definitely not a Nigerian, probably, an american. naija no b am

Some of you need serious education. You have no idea how blessed you are to have what you have - your village, traditional name, native cuisine, history, language etc, as compared to a black American. When you spend time with some of these foreign people you worship, you'll know that they have real issues, which you are very lucky not to have to deal with. All you know is a Hollywood version of them.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
-
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: Windhoek,Namibia is one of the cleanest cities in the world .

So what? Namibia has been ruled by a black party, SWAPO, for the last 22 years, and 95% of the country are blacks. So give credit where credit is due, ie to the exemplary BLACK leadership with which that country has been blessed since independence. A leadership which has upgraded, expanded, and maintained national infrastructure, and social cohesion, with distinction. Don't go looking for some whites from 1952 or 1922 to praise.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
-
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by BabylonCruise(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
In ma nxt world,I will not just be an African,I will certainly be a Nigerian,am proud of my country,nomatter how bad it gets.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
-
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

I don't have time for people who are self-haters and lack any modicum of intelligence like yourself. If by reading through what I have written that I have no human feeling for his own continent then you are seriously more naive and daft as originally perceived. I think your comprehension skills are severely lacking. It is because I'm expressing my feelings about how Africans should love themselves that I'm even here to begin with. You on the other hand are encouraging Africans to hate themselves.

I have already spoken on the issue of poor leadership and how it needs to be addressed. But obviously you were not even attempting to lesson to any form of reason whatsoever. So be it.
If i'm really all that you claim,you wouldn't even have the time to reply me. You think i hate my self as a black? Are you that shallow? All my grievances goes beyond the colour of our skin. And you are dead wrong if you think our problem is just poor leadership, its way beyond that. Those in power are humans like you and me. I still insist that next time you don't understand statements made,just remain quiet instead of playing captain africa.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
-
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by ghananotnaija(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
Do dark-skinned Indians count as black? If so, definitely not cuz I don't want to risk being one of them!
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Fulaman198(m): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
koyyes:
If i'm really all that you claim,you wouldn't even have the time to reply me. You think i hate my self as a black? All my grievances goes beyond the colour of our skin. And you are dead wrong if you think our problem is just poor leadership, its way beyond that. Those in power are humans like you and me. I still insist that next time you don't understand statements made,just remain quiet instead of playing captain africa.

I won't remain quiet just because you choose to talk off topic. You act as if you were white that life may be better for you. If living in America, yes that may be the case. However, you live in Nigeria and you are a black man. You don't know for sure if you would have been suffering in the streets.

The leaders have done a porous job. No one is denying that, however that should have nothing to do with you wanting to change the colour of your skin. That should be a call of action for all of us to try and put an end to a reign of incompetence in this country. I personally would like to end incompetent leadership once and for all. But if we have people who continue to exude inferiority complex and low self-esteem, it won' t be done.

Yes! It is absolutely our faults why our current leaders are in power, however what are we going to do to change it? Are we going to sit around idle and do absolutely nothing about it? Don't be the victim, be the victor. When the going gets tough the tough gets going.

You think I don't care about humanity? I weep for humanity on a daily basis because I feel that human beings don't love themselves enough. There is constant war and strife, there are constant killings and beheadings, there is money laundering and pilfering, there is prostitution and many other corrupt things that happen in this world. However, one must know it is not only in Nigeria or Africa that these things take place. It happens everywhere around the world.

No! I will not be quiet about this issue. Especially if my fellow African brothers and sisters wish they were something else they were not. That actually ignites more fire in my heart and soul. I will never ever give up on Africans and its people. Even if I may die early I will do whatever I can to make people wake up.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Fulaman198(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
ghananotnaija: Do dark-skinned Indians count as black? If so, definitely not cuz I don't want to risk being one of them!

I don't think so, though some of them are extremely dark and even darker than many African ethnic groups. Though the darkest people in the world are from Southern Sudan.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
For goodness sake, Optimus, can you stop spamming this thread with pointless pictures. It doesn't add anything to whatever point you're trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by tpia1: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
ghananotnaija: Do dark-skinned Indians count as black? If so, definitely not cuz I don't want to risk being one of them!

Black is applied to people of african or negroid descent.

Indians are considered caucasian since some caucasians are indeed dark skinned but not of african ancestry.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

I won't remain quiet just because you choose to talk off topic. You act as if you were white that life may be better for you. If living in America, yes that may be the case. However, you live in Nigeria and you are a black man. You don't know for sure if you would have been suffering in the streets.

The leaders have done a porous job. No one is denying that, however that should have nothing to do with you wanting to change the colour of your skin. That should be a call of action for all of us to try and put an end to a reign of incompetence in this country. I personally would like to end incompetent leadership once and for all. But if we have people who continue to exude inferiority complex and low self-esteem, it won' t be done.

Yes! It is absolutely our faults why our current leaders are in power, however what are we going to do to change it? Are we going to sit around idle and do absolutely nothing about it? Don't be the victim, be the victor. When the going gets tough the tough gets going.

You think I don't care about humanity? I weep for humanity on a daily basis because I feel that human beings don't love themselves enough. There is constant war and strife, there are constant killings and beheadings, there is money laundering and pilfering, there is prostitution and many other corrupt things that happen in this world. However, one must know it is not only in Nigeria or Africa that these things take place. It happens everywhere around the world.

No! I will not be quiet about this issue. Especially if my fellow African brothers and sisters wish they were something else they were not. That actually ignites more fire in my heart and soul. I will never ever give up on Africans and its people. Even if I may die early I will do whatever I can to make people wake up.
ok, you said all you have to say. I don't believe otherwise. But read the topic of this thread- the question the op asked. Now, if you decide you still would want to come back as a black in the midst of all this chaos- fine. But its not up to you to attack anyone for having a different opinion. You actually went off topic by insisting our different opinion is based on self hate.

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You make a fundamental mistake by thinking that because (according to you) a large percentage of people wish they were of another colour, it means anything other than an expression of the state of social conditioning prevalent at any moment in time, in a given place. You imbue such transient social phenomena with all sorts of (unspoken) attributes of natural superiority or inferiority of one over the other. I must inform you that on this same African continent, a time was when white was associated with disease and evil by the African majority. Albinos were forced to flee in many communities... (some researchers say that groups of them fled the continent in antiquity and seeded the 'white' race). So there is no permanence in anything. If and when the western economy collapses, it will be disastrous, and will set them back a century, while Asia and Africa - darker people, would overtake them, and the 'white ideal' would begin to crumble. It's happening already. See Asian growth plus Africa's fast growth rates compared to Europe's stagnation and austerity. Eventually, over say a century or two, that decline will filter down to issues like skin colour, with people shunning white skin as 'inferior' etc etc. So these things like which colour is ''more appealing'' are determined by economic power. The skin colour of the economically most powerful is always the ''most attractive'' skin colour. Success attracts like bees to a honeypot. But economic power is transient and shifting. The day Africa regains its place as the center of the global economy, black would become the new white.

Are you serious with the bolded? grin What the hell kind of quack theories have you been reading? White people descending from albinos? Like WTF? shocked That's an insane comment.

I don't know what you mean by Western economies collapsing. For centuries, the West have had periods of economic turmoil FAR worse than the recent global financial crisis, with the resulting bail-outs and austerity measures. It doesn't suddenly mean they'll "collapse". Of course Africa will grow faster than Europe, because they come from a lower base level of development. How much more do you expect a Switzerland or Scandinavia or Germany or the UK to develop compared to sub-saharan Africa? Not to mention a lot of the growth in these developing nations are accounted for by their explosive population growth compared to stagnant or receding Western growth.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: you mean indian & sri lankan tamils ?
How come these 'shade' of indians are not featured in bollywood movies? Indians have big issues with skin colour.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by wildikeman(m): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Never...a blond haired blue eyed Caucasian from western Europe or America.... Why would I want to come back as a black man? Hell no!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by ghananotnaija(m): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: you mean indian & sri lankan tamils ?

I don't know and frankly don't care what they are called, but those people are truly a disgusting race of people: poverty-stricken, greedy, lustful, inhumane, and reeks to high heavens.

Not all human races are created equal lol.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by yomi007k(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
[quote author=1metre][/quote]
Bros don't tell an Egyptian man dat he is black, u may not like d end of it o. Dats cos dey aint black. Russia is located in Asia but dy r still caucasians. Civilization first started in Africa but Africa's position is last today...Fake civilization don't last long.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by ghananotnaija(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
tpia1:

Black is applied to people of african or negroid descent.

Indians are considered caucasian since some caucasians are indeed dark skinned but not of african ancestry.

African descent: what does that even mean? Didn't science prove that all mankind descended from Africans? So with that in mind, how is a blond blue-eyed white from Iceland of less African descent than Michael Jordan? They are both 100% of African-descent because their ancestors came from Africa.

The whole notion of negroid, caucasoid and mongoloid as biological groupings have been disproven by science decades ago.

Can't we all just accept that all human beings differ from each other in various ways, and some differ more than others?
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by ghananotnaija(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: All human beings have a sense of beauty. you can look at something and say "hey,that thing looks good"
t

That's too touchy-feely for me. I'm not saying there are no decent (both in appearance and personality) Indians out there, but as a race they are repulsive to the extreme. If you ever seen how they act in Africa, you would have to agree.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
optimumprimus: all cultures around the world including japanese,chinese and indians have always revered light skin. this does not mean that all humans with a light skin are good looking and humans with a dark skin are ugly.
Rossike's afrocentric allusion to the fact that albinos with birth defect were killed in africa holds no water. light skin and caucasian skin is different from leprosy. leprosy stricken were rejects in ancient rome,not light skin.
numerous african tribes like the igbos and beti-ekangs also revered light skin,in fact,evidence points to the fact that light skin brides were more priced in igboland.

chris paul pictured below is dark skin and good looking.
yea,but indians tend to discriminate alot than africans.
Re: Can You Choose To Come To This Life As A Black Man Once Again.? by akereconfi: 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
ROSSIKE: You are a dunce.

Exchanging words with you here will make you relevant.

I didn't quote nor mention your name.

Go find peace in your life

Bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife / Fayose Steals The Show At Udiroko Festival / 2019: Omoyele Sowore Visits Alaafin Of Oyo Over His Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.