Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service (1056 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by plaetton: 10:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
Lol.
There is almost no forthnight that a new self-service thread does not appear on this religilous section of Naira land.

There has been endless debates, scriptural quotations from nearly every chapter of the bible either supporting, Admonishing against or simply indifferent to what now may seem to be a favorite pastime of a lot of NL Christians. cheesy

Even Nigeria's flamboyant MOGs (men of guile) have thrown their overfed weights on this weighty matter.
For example, pastor Oyaks seems to be for, while Pastor Adeboye seems to be against. Other well known MOGs are equally divided on this hot issue.
It appears that the only way to distinguish Nigerian Pentecostal churches and their pastors is whether they are for or against self-service.

No one knows for sure whether Jesus or apostle Paul would have been for or against considering that both men were suspiciously celibate.

As non believer myself, I do wonder why , upon all the wonderful lessons and acts of SELF-LESS virtues that Jesus supposedly performed in the gospels, the average Nigerian Christian is more concerned with scriptural and spiritual winkpros and cons of SELF-SERVICE.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by texanomaly(f): 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
plaetton: Lol.
There is almost no forthnight that a new self-service thread does not appear on this religilous section of Naira land.

There has been endless debates, scriptural quotations from nearly every chapter of the bible either supporting, Admonishing against or simply indifferent to what now may seem to be a favorite pastime of a lot of NL Christians. cheesy

Even Nigeria's flamboyant MOGs (men of guile) have thrown their overfed weights on this weighty matter.
For example, pastor Oyaks seems to be for, while Pastor Adeboye seems to be against. Other well known MOGs are equally divided on this hot issue.

It appears that the only way to distinguish Nigerian Pentecostal churches and their pastors is whether they are for or against self-service.

No one knows for sure whether Jesus or apostle Paul would have been for or against considering that both men were suspiciously celibate.

As non believer myself, I do wonder why , upon all the wonderful lessons and acts of SELF-LESS virtues that Jesus supposedly performed in the gospels, the average Nigerian Christian is more concerned with scriptural pros and cons of SELF-SERVICE.
undecided

@ the bolded

Can you make a list? One side for those pastors who do support the practice, and the other for those who do not. It would be helpful for the brethren, and sisters, to know which church is in support of their particular opinion on the subject. It's important to make an "informed" decision on these matters. Don't you think? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by plaetton: 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
texanomaly:

@ the bolded

Can you make a list? One side for those pastors who do support the practice, and the other for those who do not. It would be helpful for the brethren, and sisters, to know which church is in support of their particular opinion on the subject. It's important to make an "informed" decision on these matters. Don't you think? wink

cheesy

I know for sure that Oyakhilome is for, while Adeboye is against.
Chris Okotie is undecided, Oyedepo is indifferent.

Catholic priests are against, considering that they have been busy over the past 2000yrs, getting their thrills from molesting young lads.

The rest, I will have to do a survey.
wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
plaetton:

cheesy

I know for sure that Oyakhilome is for, while Adeboye is against.
Chris Okotie is undecided, Oyedepo is indifferent.

Catholic priests are against, considering that they have been busy over the past 2000yrs, getting their thrills from molesting young lads.

The rest, I will have to do a survey.
wink

you must be insane for writing that. Is that the reason why they're against it? If you don't know what to type..put your hand inside your pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by GooseBaba: 12:06am On Sep 26, 2014
@ Spiritual Pros and cons of self service...... grin grin grin ;Djesu gba mi oooo..

These sexually frustrated bible tumphers, if they finally get to heaven. I'm sure they will raape yahweh.. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2014
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by hushmail: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2014
touch not my annointed n do my prophet no harm

when u denigrate MOG u r seriously courting trouble

d repercussions can b quite harmful
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by larrymoore(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
Indifferent!
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Candour(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2014
Haba plaetton, which kind of wicked classification is this? You didn't use Mary, tithe etc to classify Christians but self service?

Haba bro, you no try o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2014
Candour: Haba plaetton, which kind of wicked classification is this? You didn't use Mary, tithe etc to classify Christians but selfservice?

Haba bro, you no try o.
grin grin grin

But na true na. Self-service is the new tithe. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Candour(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2014
musKeeto:
grin grin grin

Muskeeto, you see why I no gree invite you come my church? Na wetin you for come there come talk be dis? shocked shocked sad

How body? Thank God for the NL crash....it brought you back from Mars. grin

No mind those obsessed with the topic o. Na lack of wife dey worry them but still, make plaetton leave this matter for Mathias. wink
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Candour:

Muskeeto, you see why I no gree invite you come my church? Na wetin you for come there come talk be dis? shocked shocked sad

How body? Thank God for the NL crash....it brought you back from Mars. grin

No mind those obsessed with the topic o. Na lack of wife dey worry them but still, make plaetton leave this matter for Mathias. wink

Hahaha. Body is good o. I'm good joor.

Lmao @ bold.
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by plaetton: 5:15am On Sep 28, 2014
musKeeto:
grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by Dassyslim: 5:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Hmm God save d world
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by plaetton: 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dassyslim:
Hmm God save d world

Amen Amen!
grin
Re: Nigerian Christians And The Gospel Of Self-service by plaetton: 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
Bump

(1) (Reply)

Any Ethopian Here Or Anyone Who Knows About Ashama, Revert King (614 CE) / Music: Kabiosi {sax Version} ~ Seyi Alesh / His Dead Uncle Is Giving Him A Car In His Dream. What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.