Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? (692 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / If You Were To Be The President For 24 Hours, What Would You Accomplish? / Navy Arrests Boat With 400 Truckload Of Stolen Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by DavidJohnDavid(f): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2014
A colleague of mine is returning to Nigeria to start his life afresh. He does not have a home/place to stay in Nigeria. He has a school leaving certificate(WAEC). He is in his early 40s. He has a savings of 400, 000 naira. Can the money cover up for accomodation, new career, and daily expenses?
How best can he utilize his savings?
Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 26, 2014
Where is he coming from?

1 Like

Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by Pavore9: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2014
l can relate with this as my regular cab driver in Lagos came back in 2012 from ltaly after 6yrs to start afresh, he got married last April. l suggest he looks for someone to squat with because that is his seed money to start a business. lt is well.
Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by Gboliwe: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2014
In his 40s? shocked shocked

That's a pretty tough one!
Even with a degree, its tough, and now none! Sorry. Hope he has a skill that will care for him? Business isn't it in this case. Or rather, what business is he looking at?
Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by aljharem(m): 8:18am On Sep 26, 2014
He should try and squat with a relative ( NOT FRIEND) and try not to spend his money anyhow.

Does he have any experience or skills in particular ? If he does, he should try to put it to use here in Nigeria

I know it is not easy
Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by lekkie073(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2014
he should just buy a keke marwa and join d queue....
Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by JEITO: 11:46am On Sep 26, 2014
He should rent a single room apartment, and buy a taxi with the remaining
Re: What Can A Returnee Accomplish With 400,000 Naira? by Chubhie: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
DavidJohnDavid: A colleague of mine is returning to Nigeria to start his life afresh. He does not have a home/place to stay in Nigeria. He has a school leaving certificate(WAEC). He is in his early 40s. He has a savings of 400, 000 naira. Can the money cover up for accomodation, new career, and daily expenses?
How best can he utilize his savings?
My seed money back then was 900k. I was young, risk taker and ventured out to find my place in the world. I had nobody just me alone and my can do spirit. I opened business and in 5monthhs time I ran into debts and instead of going neck deep into more debts I had to shut down business and pay off debts. This is the lessons I learnt.1 keep your money and look for people already in the line of business you are into and learn the day to day running intricacies. 2 create a network of people that matter in your field. 3 have acess to good loan facility. 4 make sure you have the right amount of money to sustain you and the business for at least a year. Remember that odds can change anytime and make a plan in case your 400k vapourises cos life goes on. The only down side you may have is age not on your side so, your plans has to be sound proof. Unlike most of US who made moves earlier in life and can afford and experiment with lil to lose.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: GEJ Commissions A Portion Of Benin-ore Road / Northern Elite Use Religion To Decieve Peaple~ Kukah / Is 2015 Really Going To Showcase Credible Candidates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.