Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,740 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks (70340 Views)

My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / Power Banks Can't And Didn't Kill A Ghanaian Girl. See Why. / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Lstar4real(m): 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mizzzbeee:
Lstar create a thread it wud help u better... Wud give u exposure
See as u shortened my name so good like u knew me before...have been banned many times on phone section for advert... I will create thread when its some days to arrive... Thanks so much u. Re Bless grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by slye(m): 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mizzzbeee:
yeah am impressed..... It took 2hrs to charge from 16%-100 trickle stage while normal electricity wud take 2hrs 15mins...and immediately it finished charging the PB shut down itself to prevent over charging.... It still has 4led lights remaining.... And yes I noticed dat my phone wasn't heating up wen it was charging unlike wen charging with electricity... Thumbs up I recommend it... Ur sis wud like it too

I can see it's very much a darling to you already... glad you love it....

SO FELLOW NLANDERS, WHY DON'T YOU JOIN HER AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE QUALITY LIES..
SLYE

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by slye(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Beckharm:

I want her type. What is the total cost to Port-harcourt.

Cost of power bank is 6.5k, transit fee to PH is 1k bro
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lstar4real:
See as u shortened my name so good like u knew me before...have been banned many times on phone section for advert... I will create thread when its some days to arrive... Thanks so much u. Re Bless grin
lol ywlc smiley
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Adwexky(m): 11:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
mayorall:

Wow. Very slim. This is the best power bank battery material. Li-polymer is used in quality tablets battery and most none removable phone batteries. Good price you have up there for such quality. I dough my cap for this PB. gringrin
I sense deception in this post BUT reason concealed.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Babalakin(m): 12:03am On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

How many times does this charge your phone sir?.
like 2 to 3 times.depends.. .mayo, pls can dat ur powerbank charge my phone when I'm using it heavily? ...honest reply pls
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by slye(m): 5:44am On Nov 08, 2014
Are you looking to buy a sleek quality, rugged, long lasting power bank?

Contact us now for your own and never have to worry about poor power banks again
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE QUALITY LIES

SLYE....

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2014
Babalakin:
like 2 to 3 times.depends.. .mayo, pls can dat ur powerbank charge my phone when I'm using it heavily? ...honest reply pls

Am sorry my friend. mayor source had gone beyond convincing customers. What do you think about a product in which resellers buy and come back. A product in which people buy and refer customers? . Now it market itself.

Back to the question. Mayor source charges phone while using sir. Read reviews about our products here. www.nairaland.com/1831348/mayor-source-12000mah-full-
capacity

or do you mean charging your power bank and charging your phone at same time?. Mayor source don't do this

Can you tell me more about your current pb problem if I will be able to help instead of buying another one?.

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2014
Adwexky:
I sense deception in this post BUT reason concealed.

Ain't a sycophant my friend. I say the truth whenever I see one. Li-polymer is the best power bank material. Better than Li-ion in terms of quality. How is that deceptive sir?.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

Ain't a sycophant my friend. I say the truth whenever I see one. Li-polymer is the best power bank material. Better than Li-ion in terms of quality. How is that deceptive sir?.

Bro, performance wise Li-Po ain't any different from Li-Ion.... except that Li-Po are usually more light weight and flexible to manufacture... That explains why you see them mostly in Slim electronic materials like Slim phones and that slim iwo bank

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2014
dastranger:

Bro, performance wise Li-Po ain't any different from Li-Ion.... except that Li-Po are usually more light weight and flexible to manufacture... That explains why you see them mostly in Slim electronic materials like Slim phones and that slim iwo bank

Little difference in general performance. But same in charging cycle if same capacity sir.

Differences between Li-ion (18650 battery and Li-Polymer?
- 18650 size and dimension are fix. Li-Polymer size and dimension are flexible.
- 18650 produce more heat. Li-Polymer are much more safer
- 18650 are cheaper. Li-Polymer are more expensive
- 18650 have higher self discharge rate.Li-Polymer have a very low self discharge rate
- 18650 battery durability will drop faster. Li-Polymer battery capacity are more durable.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by slye(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

Little difference in general performance. But same in charging cycle if same capacity sir.

Differences between Li-ion (18650 battery and Li-Polymer?
- 18650 size and dimension are fix. Li-Polymer size and dimension are flexible.
- 18650 produce more heat. Li-Polymer are much more safer
- 18650 are cheaper. Li-Polymer are more expensive
- 18650 have higher self discharge rate.Li-Polymer have a very low self discharge rate
- 18650 battery durability will drop faster. Li-Polymer battery capacity are more durable.

Li-ion also has its own advantages too

1.High energy density - potential for yet higher capacities.
Does not need prolonged priming when new. One regular
charge is all that's needed.
2.Relatively low self-discharge
3.Low Maintenance - no periodic discharge is needed
4.Specialty cells can provide very high current to
applications such as power tools.

Generally, expert reviews shows differences between Li-ion and Li-po ain't much of sth to worry about when buying electronics

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2014
slye:

Generally, expert reviews shows differences between Li-ion and Li-po ain't much of sth to worry about when buying electronics
That's correct
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2014
slye:

It's nothing to worry about sir. Li-polymer might also be cheap if the raw material is also available in abundant quantity as Li-ion.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

It's nothing to worry about sir. Li-polymer might also be cheap if the raw material is also available in abundant quantity as Li-ion.

Right
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Adwexky(m): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

* When I saw the post I thought you were attempting to counterfeit his, 'cos I know you sell powerbank also.

*Just calling you attention to the way the post appear to my perception*
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 11:23am On Nov 08, 2014
Adwexky:

* When I saw the post I thought you were attempting to counterfeit his, 'cos I know you sell powerbank also.

*Just calling you attention to the way the post appear to my perception*

No my friend. pulling someone down does not make one rise.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Adwexky(m): 11:58am On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

A wise response!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by slye(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

But the truth is there re some greedy sellers on NL that tries to bring down another seller's products in a bid to promote his own products and hijack customers....what I do is ignore such pple
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Babalakin(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
mayorall:

Am sorry my friend. mayor source had gone beyond convincing customers. What do you think about a product in which resellers buy and come back. A product in which people buy and refer customers? . Now it market itself.

Back to the question. Mayor source charges phone while using sir. Read reviews about our products here. www.nairaland.com/1831348/mayor-source-12000mah-full-
capacity

or do you mean charging your power bank and charging your phone at same time?. Mayor source don't do this

Can you tell me more about your current pb problem if I will be able to help instead of buying another one?.
oh...stuck at 18% for the past one hour..it's called Bilitong

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2014
Babalakin:

Your phone got stuck at 18% and it's connected to your pb?
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Krak(m): 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
Babalakin:

Restart your phone then continue charging.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Iggyok(m): 2:38am On Nov 09, 2014
mayorall:

gringrin.longest time boss. How is business.
we thank God sir
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Babalakin(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
mayorall:

Your phone got stuck at 18% and it's connected to your pb?
I dunno what's happening. This started a week after I bought d power bank.even now,It takes long to get to 1% even while charging with electricity. ..i don't know if d power bank has some how affected the phone battery or d usb cord ..but d guy who recommended it is still flexing his even though I've not seen him physically .what do I do?..my phone is just 7 months old
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Babalakin(m): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Krak:

Restart your phone then continue charging.
done that .Still no difference. Thanks anyway
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Babalakin:
I dunno what's happening. This started a week after I bought d power bank.even now,It takes long to get to 1% even while charging with electricity. ..i don't know if d power bank has some how affected the phone battery or d usb cord ..but d guy who recommended it is still flexing his even though I've not seen him physically .what do I do?..my phone is just 7 months old
wat fone r u using
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Babalakin:

probably your battery is damaged, what's the make of your phone?
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Babalakin(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizzzbeee:
wat fone r u using
galaxy note3
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Babalakin(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
dastranger:

samsung galaxy note3 shocked
dastranger:

samsung galaxy note3
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
Babalakin:
galaxy note3
was it after u charged with d bank dat u noticed this... If yes den maybe ur ba3 is damaged n u av to get a new one.... Also refrain from using dat pb if it caused it n get a quality pb.... Also try using electricity for nw let's c hw dat goes
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
Babalakin:
samsung galaxy note3 :osamsung galaxy note3

change charger and see what happens
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Krak(m): 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
dastranger:

change charger and see what happens

True. Most original Note3 chargers are USB 3.0.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Which Data Subscription Are You Using To Browse? / Thai Teenager Ordered Cheap Iphone Online, But He Got This Instead (Photos) / Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.