Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month (8845 Views)

3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer / Exxon Mobil Job For Graduate And Experienced Engineers (second Class Upper) Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Mekyno(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2014
Cashio: sorry if i derailed.. at 23 nd no admission yet, should one still hope on making it tru education or start up concentrate on business
eaya, sorri abt dat bt God liveth. Kip all ur doors open, as in, go into biz, learn trade/skill/mechanic/fashion design/welding/computer knowledge n univeristy. Learn/do as much as u can in line with ur ability/interest. Gudluck
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 27, 2014
I dont think there are graduates in this thread. Most comments has exposed the high level of ignorance embeded in people. Before you comment, try to read and understand the topic. How can someone say he cant accept a job offer below 250k which means if he sees 245k, he would reject it. Most big companies have secured positions for their people. Many graduates now go with charm and juju to interview hall and someone who is fortunate to get the job of 245k now rejects the offer. Thats idiotic. He who trys that has fenced himself with the bricks of poverty and i bet you that person wil eat leaf like cow.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by stephen13(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
250k job is nt that easy getting for a start. But if u re determined to get it u would..big FMCG pay up to that amount let alone the Oil and Gas, but depending on the post and role u re doing dere...in an FMCG a graduate of accounting earns lesser dan some one in sales department..so its all depends on where you find your self..

U can get it even with out connection..bt base on ur tread u don't have to wait for such Jobs because they re rare to find..

Search well
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by ebukaOtika(m): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Olutola88: This Gentleman knows what he's been saying. Most of the People that have been commenting make us feel there are no companies in Nigeria that offer N250,000 and above to starters.

If I may ask, how much does Exxon Mobil offer? Chevron, Total, Shell, Schlumberger, Procter & Gamble, Guinness, Heineken &how much does NNPC offer fresh graduates? I believe Nigerians work in these companies.

The most saddening part of the whole story is that the situation of the country has infected our mentality that many eligible graduates don't even bother to apply to these places because they feel they can't get jobs as big as that.

Nevertheless, I still believe N150,000 and N120,000 isn't bad for a Lagos job and Ibadan job respectively.

Dunukofia and Umukpalakuku respectively nko ?
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by zappyj(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2014
Cashio: sorry if i derailed.. at 23 nd no admission yet, should one still hope on making it tru education or start up concentrate on business

What course do you intend to study? If it's finance/ accounting related.. maybe you should start with ICAN
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Cashio(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
zappyj:

What course do you intend to study? If it's finance/ accounting related.. maybe you should start with ICAN
mechanical engineering
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by NifemiOlu(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
Why do you think the rate at which people are applying for Masters is increasing?
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
NifemiOlu: Why do you think the rate at which people are applying for Masters is increasing?
Most people apply for masters because of the high unemployment rate. Give them good jobs and see the number of people that will enroll for masters
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Episteme2(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2014
Nobody is saying there are no such jobs, but someone saying that he must start with at least 250k is actually immersed in self delusion and overplaying one's hand. The reality on ground in Nigeria is except for few oil coys and communication companies, I don't know any other that can pay an entry level graduate 250k for a start. Even if there are such jobs, how often do they advertise them? I stand to be corrected if I say that most manufacturing industries like Guinness, Nigeria Breweries, Heineken, UAC, Unilever, Campina Friesland, Cadbury, Nestle, PZ and so on do not pay their graduate trainees upto 250k/month. I don't equally know of any bank that does so. The fact that such offer is possible can not make us outrightly conclude that 250k must be the starting granted that the applicant has ALL talents, skills and first class. We have to consider what percentage of us gets that kind of offer. Should I now reject an offer of 100k that will be the beginning of my career advancement because it is not up to 250k? Winning starts with beginning. Earn what you can earn today so you can earn what you want tomorrow. Abraham Lincoln in his famous letter to the teacher of his son said,''Teach him to sell his brawn and brains to the highest bidders, but NEVER to put a PRICE TAG on his heart and soul"
If a job of 250k and above comes, fine. But it hasn't come, come on, you just have to lay ur hands on sth. Besides, do you also consider how many highly certified, skilled and even experienced graduates that are pursuing jobs that pay below 100k/month. Remember also that Nigeria's labour market is not a steady state system. We have so many accumulations with high input flow rate and 'crawling' output rate. The more you wait for 250k/month offer, the more you stay at home and by the time you open your eyes, you will now see another clause, Applicants must not be more than 25yrs old before....for probably 50k/month job.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2014
Episteme2:
Nobody is saying there are no such jobs, but someone saying that he must start with at least 250k is actually immersed in self delusion and overplaying one's hand. The reality on ground in Nigeria is except for few oil coys and communication companies, I don't know any other that can pay an entry level graduate 250k for a start. Even if there are such jobs, how often do they advertise them? I stand to be corrected if I say that most manufacturing industries like Guinness, Nigeria Breweries, Heineken, UAC, Unilever, Campina Friesland, Cadbury, Nestle, PZ and so on do not pay their graduate trainees upto 250k/month. I don't equally know of any bank that does so. The fact that such offer is possible can not make us outrightly conclude that 250k must be the starting granted that the applicant has ALL talents, skills and first class. We have to consider what percentage of us gets that kind of offer. Should I now reject an offer of 100k that will be the beginning of my career advancement because it is not up to 250k? Winning starts with beginning. Earn what you can earn today so you can earn what you want tomorrow. Abraham Lincoln in his famous letter to the teacher of his son said,''Teach him to sell his brawn and brains to the highest bidders, but NEVER to put a PRICE TAG on his heart and soul"
If a job of 250k and above comes, fine. But it hasn't come, come on, you just have to lay ur hands on sth. Besides, do you also consider how many highly certified, skilled and even experienced graduates that are pursuing jobs that pay below 100k/month. Remember also that Nigeria's labour market is not a steady state system. We have so many accumulations with high input flow rate and 'crawling' output rate. The more you wait for 250k/month offer, the more you stay at home and by the time you open your eyes, you will now see another clause, Applicants must not be more than 25yrs old before....for probably 50k/month job.
VERY WELL SAID

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / Vacancy In Setraco / STANDARD CHARTERED BANK: Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.