Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? (2474 Views)

» All You Need To Know About The Nigerian Obama Appointed As Security Adviser / Can Fashola Be The Nigerian Obama? / Nigerian Obama Kicks Ass In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2009
Obasanjo was once the Nigerian Obama. So was Abiola. Men with little experience but ability to talk the people into backing them.We have had tons of those in Nigeria. My question still is, what do we have to show for the OBAMAs of our past? I mean so far we have learnt that one man’s Obama is another man’s idiot. Why continue to wait for a messiah rather than step up as individuals to make vital changes needed to change the nation?
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Muza(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2009
angry grin grin lmao

dnt tell me u believe theres an Obama in Naija
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by banom(m): 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2009
what is realy so special about Obama now, that we should be talking about him for our own presidency who will change things for good, Obama only preached for change and has not changed anything yet and someone is saying that we need someone like hm, what if he turns out to be the worst president US ever had, or dont some of you think it can be possible, what about when Yardua was contexting for presidency in 2007 were people not saying he was good and will change things for good, now he is a big fairlure , You should be saying we need some one who will change things for good and not some one like Obama who looks promising for a beter change and hasn't changed anything yet, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN I WILL AND I HAVE
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Obasanjo was once the Nigerian Obama. So was Abiola. Men with little experience but ability to talk the people into backing them.We have had tons of those in Nigeria. My question still is, what do we have to show for the OBAMAs of our past? I mean so far we have learnt that one man’s Obama is another man’s idiot. Why continue to wait for a messiah rather than step up as individuals to make vital changes needed to change the nation?

Come back home and make those vital changes

There is no point hiding in Ohio and challenging everyone else to change Nigeria
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2009
mikeansy:

Come back home and make those vital changes

There is no point hiding in Ohio and challenging everyone else to change Nigeria

shocked I have to come back to Nigeria to cause you and your family to stop paying/collecting bribes and then complaining that the government is the only problem with Nigeria? It will take my leaving Ohio for the Nigerian who plans to kill his mother for ritual to know that act is illegal and immoral? shocked It will take my moving back to Nigeria for people to know that paying EGUNJE to get ahead in line is wrong? You serious??
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2009
how comfortable to hide in Ohio

what chased you to ohio, or what chased your family to ohio

how many ohio people are in your village

you run to seek refuge somewhere else where they have good governance

and come here to tell everyone else is there fault not the government

how hypocritical
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Jan 06, 2009
mikeansy:

how comfortable to hide in Ohio

what chased you to ohio, or what chased your family to ohio

how many ohio people are in your village

you run to seek refuge somewhere else where they have good governance

and come here to tell everyone else is there fault not the government

how hypocritical

OK!
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
what difference will anyone make?

Did u purchase a generator before you got light in columbus Ohio

Did you build any roads before u were guaranteed good roads in columbus Ohio

Do you have your own police regiment before you are guaranteed safety of life and property in columbus ohio?

Its just silly to come here and blame ordinary Nigerians when you have run away to take refuge where its all well and prepared for you
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by samoney: 3:43am On May 22, 2010
this cant work with everybody having varying opinions you know that is what the political godfathers are doing to keep control of power when they like; the divide,share and control system that is it
i like that illustration of the 7 passangers and an empty bus.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by naijamini(m): 4:39am On May 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

They were not true Obamas! They were 25% Genuine, 25% Pretenders and 50% ignorant, as many of us really are in areas of life beyond our experience. Obama had his moment when he got his inspiration and then embarked on his training. The process could be reversed but those two ingredients are essential.

What this means is that we need somebody whose life experience (and his education) has prepared him/her, perhaps unknowingly, for the work of liberating Nigeria - Moses of the Israelites never thought he was being prepared and was really shocked when he was called upon. The true liberator of Nigeria is unlikely to come from the usual pathways to political power - although nothing rules it out. Do we have one in President GJ? Only time will tell.

The OP is certainly not an Obama for his description of the Obama phenomenon: "OBAMA has successfully bullied the white skinned and the older generation of American politicians into submission" is, to say the least, way off mark. Those who think Obama has not changed anything would need to open their spiritual eyes. The changes the Obama Presidency has engendered is not for the physical eyes to see - it is a generational shift of heart and minds.
Re: The Nigerian Obama - The Time Is Now - The Choice Is Who: ? by Oluwadamir: 8:39am On May 22, 2010
My choice would be Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki. His administration of Kwara State is a case study in transforming civil service states into private sector driven economies. His approach has been visionary and holistic as opposed to narrow and isolated. The genius of his planning has been in instituting long term development projects and instituting institutional change. Changing a state is a long term job, but it takes a visionary leader to put the framework in place. Dr. Bukola Saraki has done this excellently, and given the opportunity to work at the national level, I believe that he will be able to replicate and exceed his achievements on the national level.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi: Jonathan Backs CBN Reform Agenda / Cause Of Third World War. / Boko Haram Kills 3 Policemen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.