Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

When Parents Behaviour Affect Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Parents Behaviour Affect Children (557 Views)

I Dont Know What To Do About My Wife's Behaviour. / When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? / Dealing With A Child's Destructive Behaviour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Parents Behaviour Affect Children by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
Must parents always lead by example?
Re: When Parents Behaviour Affect Children by EfemenaXY: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
Just tell her what you've told us. She is your sister anyway, so you know how best to communicate your concerns to her.

1 Like

Re: When Parents Behaviour Affect Children by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
I had to caution my mum severally cos of this same issue. Kept comparing her to her slimmer age mates just cos she had on a little weight (definitely not fat). I took it upon myself to compliment her on her looks, hair, etc.. Girl has the best shape ever, but no, mum would rather have her be like Darego.

By all means, make your daughter feel special, loved, appreciated, no matter how much you wished she could turn out. If you feel she's overweight, comparing her to other people just won't make it right. Help her through it in the process of weight reduction, in the way that she'd even happily look forward to it

A daughter should ALWAYS approach her mum first at most instances. If you don't appreciate her, she can easily fall into the hands of guys that her all out for one thing, just with the use of their sweet-mouth.

1 Like

Re: When Parents Behaviour Affect Children by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
Be blunt about it before more damage is done.

And please, draw your niece as close to you as possible. She needs you.

Poor girl. cry
Re: When Parents Behaviour Affect Children by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Be blunt about it before more damage is done.

And please, draw your niece as close to you as possible. She needs you.

Poor girl. cry
thank u this really helped
Re: When Parents Behaviour Affect Children by KanwuliaJara: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
Women!
A girl's worst enemy! cry

(1) (Reply)

Can A Parent Be Your Best Friend? / Bride Abandons Fiancé On Wedding Day Because He's Not A Graduate / The Most Excruciating Thing Your Mom Ever Did To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.