Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

$9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor (857 Views)

Buhari Receives Indicting Documents On Ex-ministers, Others / Cameroonian Official Denies Report Of Release Of Boko Haram Hostages / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Paul Obi
The Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria (CSN) Friday distanced itself and the President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama from reports indicating that the Catholic Church had indicted President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN,Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor over the $9.3 million scam linked to the aborted arms deal.

In a statement made available to journalists in Abuja, the church stated that there was no time, Archbishop Kaigama made any allusion suggesting that Oritsejafor was culpable.

The statement signed by the Director of Communication, Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, Rev. Fr Chris Anyanwu observed that "our attention has been drawn to the reports in some online editions of some newspapers with misleading headlines, posted on Thursday 25th September 2014, and suggesting that Most Rev. Ignatius Ayau Kaigama, the President of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) accused Pastor Ayo Ortistejafor of denting the image of the Christian Association of Nigeria over the case of the jet that was found with $9.3milion allegedly owned by the CAN President.

"The said report is not only false and malicious but a calculated attempt to further sow the seed of disharmony between Catholics and the leadership of CAN. While we disassociate ourselves from the newspaper reports, it is important to put the records in the right perspective.
Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama granted an interview with the Hausa BBC Service in Kaduna in which he condemned money laundering," Anyanwu stressed.

While quoting Kaigama, Anyanwu maintained that what the CBCN president said was that "the relevant authorities in Nigeria ought to investigate the issue of the $9.3million arms deals saga dispassionately and ensure that those found guilty of money laundering be punished according to the provision of the existing law of our land against money laundering.

He never, in the said interview, cast any aspersion on the person of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-9-3m-scam-catholic-church-denies-report-indicting-oritsejafor/189961
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Acts 14:22
“It is through many persecutions that we must enter the kingdom of God.”

2 Cor. 12:9 – 10
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong”

John 15:18-20 NIV
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.”

.”2 Timothy 3:12 NIV
“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted

1 Thessalonians 3:7
“Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith.”

Matthew 5:10-12

10 “Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.

11 “Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

But the Lord is with me as a dread warrior;
therefore my persecutors will stumble;
they will not overcome me.
They will be greatly shamed,
for they will not succeed.
Their eternal dishonor
will never be forgotten.
—Jeremiah 20:11

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
—Matthew 5:10-12

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
—John 15:18-20

When they had preached the gospel to that city and had made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.
—Acts 14:21-22

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
—Romans 8:35-39

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
—2 Corinthians 4:8-11

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
—2 Corinthians 12:10

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
—2 Timothy 3:12

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
—1 Peter 4:12-14, 16
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by gregg2: 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shame on APC Liars!!!

When I saw that fake report quoting Bishop Kaigama, something told me these APC liars are at it again. There was no way the Catholic Church that I know could jump to conclusions with those insinuations.

Immediately they started digging up catholic press statements of 2yrs old for publication in a failed attempt to divide the body of Christ.

Shame on the janjaweeeds

3 Likes

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Afam4eva, Ikenna351, OAM4J front page please.
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Seun, for the sake of fairness, this thread needs to be on front page. APC demons on this forum, need to be told the truth again.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by lilprinze: 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
janjaweeeds trying to cause disharmony and divide the body of Christ since 15BC.
Shame on the Devil tongue
shame on APC and their supporters tongue
shame on BH sympathizers tongue
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by BlackTechnology: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
Thank God

I was disappointed in the Catholics when that false message when spiral

Thank Jesus the Catholics have uphold God's teachings
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 12:52am On Sep 27, 2014
Where are the Pastor Ayo haters angry
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Lol.. grin TANoids are the most stupid set of people Cankerworms.

So Ayo isn't a Terrorist after all? grin That Rapper is a disgrace to Hip-Hop Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:13am On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles: Where are the Pastor Ayo haters angry

So you are a Fan of Rapper Pastor Ayo?? Pathetic!! sad I doubt if you're a Christian tho.
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by FastShipping: 1:14am On Sep 27, 2014
While quoting Kaigama, Anyanwu maintained that what the CBCN president said was that "the relevant authorities in Nigeria ought to investigate the issue of the $9.3million arms deals saga dispassionately and ensure that those found guilty of money laundering be punished according to the provision of the existing law of our land against money laundering.

He never, in the said interview, cast any aspersion on the person of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-9-3m-scam-catholic-church-denies-report-indicting-oritsejafor/189961[/quote]
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 1:14am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist:

[s]So you are a Fan of Rapper Pastor Ayo?? Pathetic!! sad I doubt if you're a Christian tho.
[/s]

Look for your fellow almajiris and their 50M monikers.
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:17am On Sep 27, 2014
Every Living Things.. Even Cankerworms.. that believes in Christianity should distance themselves from this Con Man called Ayo.

Ayo, Chris, and Okotie.. Thieves!!

1 Like

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 27, 2014
5gb >
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:19am On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles: [/s]

Look for your fellow almajiris and their 50M monikers.

Yeah! Am Almajiri And a Baptist!

Thieves!!
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 1:21am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist:

Yeah! Am Almajiri And a Baptist!

Thieves!!

Look for your fellow tribal trolls, and enjoy your janjaweeddism

1 Like

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:28am On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles: Seun, for the sake of fairness, this thread needs to be on front page. APC demons on this forum, need to be told the truth again.

You're a Troll and a Sycophant!

Catholics suspends relationship with CAN under Ayo.

"Why is it that when Catholics were in the
leadership of CAN, every bloc supported them but now because power has changed hands, they are threatening to pull out and causing confusion?”
“They have been agitating that the Presidency of CAN must come from the South. They are ann appendage of PDP and PDP itself. They are known for double standards. A man of God should not be double speaking,” he said.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/catholic-church-suspends-relationship-with-can/

Don't drag Catholics and other God Fearing Christians into the Mess.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 1:32am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist:

You're a Troll and a Sycophant!

Don't drag Catholics and other God Fearing Christians into the Mess.

Alamjiris, like you should worry about your dead shecow. Your headline from January 24, 2013 is stale.
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:37am On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Alamjiris, like you should worry about your dead shecow. Your headline from January 24, 2013 is stale.

You fool, ikr??

Catholics disowning CAN since time immemorial! cheesy

On a lighter note, where's that Fake Jihadist called Asari Dokubo?? I guess he's one of those Nigerians arrested in SA.

2015.. Knock-Knock!!
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 1:40am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist:

You fool, ikr??

Catholics disowning CAN since time immemorial! cheesy

On a lighter note, where's that Fake Jihadist called Asari Dokubo?? I guess he's one of those Nigerians arrested in SA.

2015.. Knock-Knock!!

Alamjiris, don't have your time. Your bullet like your leader shecow awaits all of you, boko haram supporters. One by one the army will remove you maggots from planet earth.
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:46am On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles:

[s]Alamjiris, don't have your time. Your bullet like your leader shecow awaits all of you, boko haram supporters. One by one the army will remove you maggots from planet earth.[/s]

Coming from a Sùcker that can ONLY survive in a Corrupt Nation.

1 Like

Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by atlwireles: 1:49am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist:

Coming from a Sùcker that can ONLY survive in a Corrupt Nation.

The ghetto dweller will talk too undecided knock yourself off. The floor is all yours.
Re: $9.3m Scam: Catholic Church Denies Report Indicting Oritsejafor by RayPsst(m): 1:55am On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles:
[s]

The ghetto dweller will talk too undecided knock yourself off. The floor is all yours.[/s]

I can see the word "Corrupt" got you!! A Low-Lifer like you will never survive under the in-coming CHANGE.

I'm done with you TANoid.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hometown Of Nigeria’s Defense Boss, Overrun By Boko Haram; Humanitarian Tragedy / Fulanis Suspend Leader For Endorsing Jonathan / Kenya Leader Sacks Minister After Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.