Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,523 members, 7,958,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) (2792 Views)

5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN / Jimi Agbaje Drones Monitor Lagos Elections – Rare Footage / UN Asks For The CCTV Footage Of Bombed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 27, 2014
And nobody noticed while the bombs where being planted?

Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by fr3do(m): 6:09am On Sep 27, 2014
gbadexy: The building collapse looks like a controlled demolition.

The way it crumbled!
I still insist its structural failure, the strange aircraft only caused small vibrations, that the building overreacted to.
This is the rational conclusion for very scientific minded civilians, it is left for the DSS to identify that aircraft.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by musiwa95: 6:15am On Sep 27, 2014
angry
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by musiwa95: 6:19am On Sep 27, 2014
shocked grin
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by blexxonmak(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2014
@fr3do.There was nothing like structural failure.Shebi LASG are through with their investigations.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by blexxonmak(m): 6:42am On Sep 27, 2014
@fr3do.LASG came out of d investigations more confused than ever.Contrary to all d bla bla all d documents were intact.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by ednut1(m): 6:44am On Sep 27, 2014
i wish i can behead dat narrator. is she related to general olukolade tbs Joshua ur time is almost up. pple who stay around ikotun dont attend dat church because dey know his history. dis is surely bad news for pple who have guest houses and hotels around my mama self dey among lmao. the main church building is about 7 or 8 stories. dey jst added 2 storeys dis year or last year. lasg investigate it o
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by blexxonmak(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2014
LASG in the first instance discovered that approval was made for ten(10)-storey building.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by wesley80(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2014
ednut1: i wish i can behead dat narrator. is she related to general olukolade tbs Joshua ur time is almost up. pple who stay around ikotun dont attend dat church because dey know his history. dis is surely bad news for pple who have guest houses and hotels around my mama self dey among lmao. the main church building is about 7 or 8 stories. dey jst added 2 storeys dis year or last year. lasg investigate it o

Jesus Christ was the son of a carpenter to some.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by blexxonmak(m): 7:04am On Sep 27, 2014
@ednut1.Kindly educate us on d history of TBJ.Onye n'amaghi nmadu n'akpo ya bomboi.Ask Fashola & he'll tell you whom TBJ is.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by ednut1(m): 7:08am On Sep 27, 2014
blexxonmak: @ednut1.Kindly educate us on d history of TBJ.Onye n'amaghi nmadu n'akpo ya bomboi.Ask Fashola & he'll tell whom TBJ is.
touch nt my anointed grin
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by Privy(m): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2014
These footages being released throw up more questions than answers.

1. According to the CCTV videos, camera 1 (the first footage) puts the incident at 12:44 while camera 2 (the second footage) puts the incident at 1:30 p.m. Which one should we believe?

2. According to the first footage, the helicopter hovered over the building for the last time at 11:54. What then is the connection between the helicopter and the building's collapse?

From all indications, it could not have been acoustic vibration from the helo resulting in resonance at the building's natural frequency because if it were the building should have collapsed within a very short time (milliseconds to seconds) from the hovering of the craft. Aside from the fact that a lot of houses (some, poorly built) houses have had helicopters hovering over them without collapsing as a result.

And then I heard some rumors of controlled detonation. When you want to carry out a controlled detonation, you, most probably, need to go the site, study the building (structurally) and place explosives at the right places. Not a very likely scenario here.

3. According to the footage from the second camera, it appeared that the first floor balcony on the left (viewer's perspective) dropped a fraction of a second before the rest of the building. Fortunately, it alerted a few bystanders that fled for their lives but unfortunately, it points to stresses that may not have been properly supported by the design, construction or properties of materials used. Sometimes, when a substantial part of a structure goes down that way, the stresses on other parts of the building increase greatly and they might follow in a matter of few seconds. The whole structure went down in 5 - 6 seconds (according to the first footage).

It's saddening that someone was paid to build a house but ended up killing the people for whom the house was meant. It's even more saddening that there seems to be a cover-up in the offing being orchestrated by TBJ and the Synagogue along with some government officials. I sincerely hope and pray that the incident will be properly investigated and culprits brought to book.

I will stop here.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by ifyalways(f): 7:46am On Sep 27, 2014
It's a shame that no arrest have been made yet and if anything, things are gradually being swept under the table.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2014
And when I was about watching part 2 of the collapse..... angry
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by kramer: 8:24am On Sep 27, 2014
Privy: [sub][/sub]

There's no helicopter in that video, where did you see one hovering? It looks more like a military aircraft

Also the difference in time may just be down to the fact that one of them wasn't set properly, nothing more.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by Privy(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2014
^^ Thanks for the correction about the jet.

Accepted. So what brought the house down?
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by RagaMufeen(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2014
This confirms my believe that the aircraft that was missing in the north is responsible. How can you lose an aircraft just like that.
Re: SCOAN: New CCTV Footage Shows Moment Building Crushed Victims (VIDEO) by emmatok(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2014
That's dust and not smoke, the building caved in from the first floor. Which is confirmed by the second video.

I noticed the time on 2 cameras are different,one shows 12:44 and another 1:30.

Finally the three plans don't look similar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bastard Doyin Okupe And Other Jonathanian - By Pius Adesanmi / Cambridge Says It Offered Hausa Language Exam In 1961- Sahara Reporters / Presidential Online Poll!!! Vote Wisely Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.