Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,395 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? (22178 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Federal Government Scholarship In Nigeria- How Effective Is It? / National Open University of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by bilms(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
i understand u,

but what am saying is that,

i dont no anybody there now.

i need to be around peopel that share the same thinking lyk me to make lyf mor easier.

so i am asking if u re an It guy so that atleast we can share idears and work together for pending the time that i will be able to relate with the town
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by mommamia: 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hi Bilms. can you let me know when next noun admission is out and do they take older people and their admission process and requirements. thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by bilms(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
age is nt a barrier at noun.

even if u re 100 years, u re welcome

the requirement is the normal o level 5 credit relating to the course u intend to stdy.

the admission will b out soon

but no specific date
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Renz(m): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2008
Well Guys, i understand the school is very okay and as a starting up school there are various challanges, My problem is; there are too many delays on a semester (how many months should one semester take?, how many years should 100L take?, how many graduates have the school produced to date since its was born?) thats one thing i dont understand about the school.

And what if the school is scrapped 2morrow, what will be the faith of the STUDENTS? Loss of time and money? well the most important thing is the time and not the money.

Still Thinking,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by bilms(m): 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2008
hi guys,

noun is not a school u go like others school and u dont expect it to operate the others do.

when u are a noun student, u work as if u re not going to school. and still u re.

its not a part time school, but u jst keep living ur life the way u do b4 getting to noun and while u work keep working and u re still going to school.

but very soon everything will be fix and the school have to semester in a year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Renz(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2008
Nobody wants to spend 6years in a 4years course,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by BigStar1(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2008
Renz:

Nobody wants to spend 6years in a 4years course,

It's matter of time. The school is getting up to the standard.

Think of it, if you are sure to complete ur programme in six years instead of four years @ NOUN without unecessary riot that could add unpredictable nos of years to your year why won't you go for it. Perhaps, the school is just starting
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by brain4box: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2009
PLS am applying to national open university communication tech and i need somebody that is already in it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by BigStar1(m): 8:35am On Apr 07, 2009
Hi, what exactly do you want to know?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by bilms(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2009
i am studyiung communication tech.

wat info do u need?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by SHOOLAH: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
@BILMS

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO DO CLEARANCE/SCREENING FOR NEW INTAKES/STUDENT
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2009
PLS. I NEED UR HELP!
I AV BEEN ADMITTED IN NOUN TO STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE AND LIKEWISE I SAT 4 DIS JAMB PUTING OOU AS MY 1ST AND SEC. CHOISE
THE PROPLEM I AM HAVING NOW IS THAT I DON'T KNOW THE UNIVERSITY TO GO 4, I LIKE THE TWO SCH. BUT I AV BEEN HEARING A LOT OF RUMUS CONCERNING NOUN DAT COURSE OF 4YEARS WILL TAKE U 7YEARS TO FINSH MATHEMATICALLY 6YEARS CHOURSE WILL TAKES 10YEARS.
PLS. HEALP ME OUT, VERY SOON I WILL BE GOING THERE TO PAID 4 MY SCH. FEE . AND I WANT TO B IN THE RIGHT UNI.
IS THIS TRUE?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2009
PLS. I NEED UR HELP!
I AV BEEN ADMITTED IN NOUN TO STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE AND LIKEWISE I SAT 4 DIS JAMB PUTING OOU AS MY 1ST AND SEC. CHOISE
THE PROPLEM I AM HAVING NOW IS THAT I DON'T KNOW THE UNIVERSITY TO GO 4, I LIKE THE TWO SCH. BUT I AV BEEN HEARING A LOT OF RUMUS CONCERNING NOUN DAT COURSE OF 4YEARS WILL TAKE U 7YEARS TO FINSH MATHEMATICALLY 6YEARS CHOURSE WILL TAKES 10YEARS.
PLS. HEALP ME OUT, VERY SOON I WILL BE GOING THERE TO PAID 4 MY SCH. FEE . AND I WANT TO B IN THE RIGHT UNI.
IS THIS TRUE?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2009
[b]What i learn is that while planning to do something, money factor should be the last thing to think of. because, It's a dream killer.

at NOUN you pay approximately 70k per year while you still have chance to work and learn compare with other uni especially UNIOSUN

NOUN offers admission into any dpt under faculty of art including law and the application forms are out

Report to moderator Logged

i was told in the studies center 2day that my course fees is 61,000 for computer science
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by bilms(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2009
the screening is on.

so go 4 urs
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by brain4box: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2009
i was at the noun center here in abuja and saw a list that was jus pasted you can try checking but there web is not going.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by brain4box: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2009
i want to know what it takes to undergo theseĀ  communication tech programe,how long would it take and how tasking it is what are the benefits from it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by SHOOLAH: 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2009
Do the officials of NOUN operate during the week-ends ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by LOVEGINO(m): 12:08am On Feb 13, 2011
i m happy 2 find my self here, i m a student of NOUN(Com Tech) n they re doing good. if u dnt have access to the internet, dats were u ll find it a little dificult. check out the online TMA(assignment). tank God 4 technology o!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by DaWizard47: 4:35am On Jul 27, 2011
LOVEGINO:

i m happy 2 find my self here, i m a student of NOUN(Com Tech) n they re doing good. if u dnt have access to the internet, dats were u ll find it a little dificult. check out the online TMA(assignment). tank God 4 technology o!

^^ Please I am also a PGD student of NOUN. I just got admission. The TMA Link appeared in my profile but each time I click it, it sends me to a logon page but I cant access it because the logon page in on the old www.nou.edu.ng website format. What do I do. Secondly, how do I get the course materials because not all the courses are uploaded on the courseware website. This is sad because I do not have materials to read for the forth coming examinations in August!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by kdollars: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
Pls I love everything I ve bout dis institute but I want 2 knw do they go for nysc service pls I realy need 2 knw!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by TDN: 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
go to the national universities website for information on approved schools and courses,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by t35: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
PLS CAN ANYBODY TELL ME MORE ABOUT , NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, AND WHEN NEXT THE ADMISSION IS OUT THIS YEAR,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by jmoore(m): 9:27am On Mar 07, 2012
kdollars:

Pls I love everything I ve bout dis institute but I want 2 knw do they go for nysc service pls I realy need 2 knw!!!

if your age is less than 30 at the time of graduation, then you can go for NYSC.

t35:

PLS CAN ANYBODY TELL ME MORE ABOUT , NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, AND WHEN NEXT THE ADMISSION IS OUT THIS YEAR,

go to http://www.nou.edu.ng for info
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by tollanny(f): 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
pals will dey accept a pass in math for english
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 08, 2012
tollanny:

pals will dey accept a pass in math for english

You meant a pass in Math for English Language Dept? Just go to the Study Center you wanna enroll and find that out.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by vandetta(m): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2012
Continental issues as cult butchers final year student.
Details at www.educationigeria..com and like group at www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-Nigerian-Tertiary-InstitutionsVNTI/362095437154273

Don't miss that news. Invite your friends and swell the community.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by ID4ALL(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2012
To me NOUN is gud...wether u guys lyk it or nt....pls nd let nt judge them becos dey dnt write jamb b4 gainin admission...ok....to be a noun student u hav to be very ready to study hard on ...mostly on ur own....no expo no blockin just straight forward - its all depends on u...tnxs am a student studyin accountin...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Taiquadri(f): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2012
plz wher is d lagos study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by dessery2: 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
[center][/center]
ID4ALL: To me NOUN is gud...wether u guys lyk it or nt....pls nd let nt judge them becos dey dnt write jamb b4 gainin admission...ok....to be a noun student u hav to be very ready to study hard on ...mostly on ur own....no expo no blockin just straight forward - its all depends on u...tnxs am a student studyin accountin...

Pls I would want to ask if dey offer statstics as a course, and when is their registration/ application form on thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by MrKIZITO(m): 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Read more about National open university of Nigeria from here http://www.supreme.com.ng/national-open-university-of-nigeria-study-centres-www-noun-edu-ng/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria: How Reliable? by Sydney22: 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
bilms:
i understand u,

but what am saying is that,

i dont no anybody there now.

i need to be around peopel that share the same thinking lyk me to make lyf mor easier.

so i am asking if u re an It guy so that atleast we can share idears and work together for pending the time that i will be able to relate with the town
hi , I want to apply for communications technology in noun ... So I want to know one or two things from you that's already during the course in noun (don't know if u're through with the programme) help me drop ur number lemme call , or call me lipsrsealed

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2016 / Federal Universities In Nigeria Remain Tuition-Free - Dele Alake / Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.