Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Ogbanje/abiku - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogbanje/abiku (6338 Views)

The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) / My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. / My Real Life Experiences With "Ogbanje" People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by pureIvory(f): 12:25am On Sep 28, 2014
BlackStallion:
So, I'm one of em Akaraogholi do-gooders you were talking about. Thought I might do a pretty girl like you some good before I leave. Any requests darling? kiss

just wanna know how you know I'm pretty?
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 12:26am On Sep 28, 2014
edogho: now that's what i'm saying. our fore-fathers tend to label any unfavourable thing or something they don't, and don't even care to understand as evil. that was y we have evil forests back then. I don't think evil spirits waste their time on such when there're ppl willing to give their body as vessels for these spirits to occupy. and there's even morgue(bank as it ) where they get to choose from. just mi opinion tho.

I have noticed Africans in ancient times only tagged what we didn't understand quite well as works of evil spirits eg.efiks called twins evil spirits
In Yorubaland Smallpox was evil, not headache, not malaria, not miscarriage, not death at delivery, because we understood these Infact there were hardly any cases of such, we had preventive measures and fast relive

Death during sleep is evil too in Yoruba culture

in my knowledge, (even tho still little) of spirits, there is no evil or good there is only balanced. It's their actions as it relates to our lives that we tag good or evil

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2014
pureIvory: just wanna know how you know I'm pretty?
That's easy. I went through some of your posts and based on the calibre of comments I saw, I concluded you're a nice person. I was brought up with the belief that true beauty comes from within. You're beautiful on the inside dear, and that's about all I need to know about you to like you wink

2 Likes

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by pureIvory(f): 12:40am On Sep 28, 2014
BlackStallion:
That's easy. I went through some of your posts and based on the calibre of comments I saw, I concluded you're a nice person. I was brought up with the belief that true beauty comes from within. You're beautiful on the inside dear, and that's about all I need to know about you to like you wink

Cool. You are too sweet.

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 28, 2014
pureIvory: Cool. You are too sweet.
No ma'am, I'm just a guy who appreciates good things, and you my dear, are a good lady. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 12:57am On Sep 28, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Sorry to cut in bro. . . . .when did you learn that there is no way from perverting Abiku from dying? Oh pls, the remilekun, durosinmi, olorundaisi, pamilerin, ikuyinminu and kokumo I know are married, now big men and women in towns. Some have even lost their teeths due to old age. . . ..yet they are Abiku, and also bearing Abiku's name. This evidently shows Abiku can be made to stay to marriage and walking on three foot age. . . . . .

And since you think medical approach should be followed, I think we should have a final stop on child mortality rate. This would help stop the tears rolling on the cheek of our mothers.

And will Babalawo takes medical approach without going spiritual? Will Babalawo prescibe medicines without doing proper consultation with spirits? Will Babalawo or Onisegun take herbs and prepare concortion without evoking the spirit? Friend, you are more than this. . . . .and I expect answers from you.

Read between your words, you mentioned that Oganje (Emere) death proceed from illness. . . .if I may ask, is illness something of Joy? Have you seen someone happy over sickness of their heir? 'Se nkan ire ni aisan abi o mo wipe agbana buruku ni'?

For the record, Emere grows old. . . .even older than normal person. They are the ones affecting one Ire to either good or bad.

So much I respect your believe friend, your points have no ground.

I never said there's no way for preventing abiku??

I said abiku is most likely a medical problem which needs medical approach nt excessive talks of spirits
I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise, maybe when I sleep on it Orunmila might show tonight grin grin

Going spiritual is different from blaming a spirit for something that could have been prevented if understood better.

Illness is nt something of joy but instead of blaming spirits illnesses don't just appear for no cause and reason, the result of lack of understanding about an illness without a known cure is usually death

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Ubenedictus: If i had an explanation for every story i hear from africa, i would be the wisest man alive.

Any way, since macof and folykaze are here, i have a question.

There are stories my mum told me about, dead people (usually those who died by accident) who go and live in some other places at times even fathering children.

What i your takes on that?

Guy I heard about this but have not seen one. . . .
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2014
macof:

I never said there's no way for preventing abiku??

I said abiku is a most likely a medical problem which needs medical approach nt excessive talks of spirits
I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise, maybe when I sleep on it Orunmila might show tonight grin grin

Going spiritual is different from blaming a spirit for something that could have been prevented if understood better.

Illness is nt something of joy but instead of blaming spirits illnesses don't just appear for no cause and reason, the result of lack of understanding in an illness without a known cure usually results to death

You indeed said Abiku cases is proceeded by illness and isnt a spiritual thing but medical proble. You even label it as lack of understanding of some medical problems. And you have stylishly took the blame on medicine. So how would you explain the cases of abiku that were perverted from dying? How would explain kokumo and Durojaye who are old today without any medical problem posing death threat?

And again you keep mentioning Illness. . . . .what exactly is the illness of Abiku? What specifically is the disease that cause there early death? If it is all about medical approach, dont you think there is enough herbs in the forest for medication? And yes, there are cases of ones that are healthy but die at early stage. . . .does this not make you think issue has gone beyond medical approach?

This is the reason Yoruba people ask parents to pre-check Isekojaye of their children so that they can know who is who and how to handle such a child. I know what and what to touch and not to touch because my parent have been warning me since I was a child just because they know who I am. A mother that frequently give birth to Abiku tends to get closer to Babalawo who would do the necessary things from early stage of pregnancy. This is where such children get there names. . . .rituals and sacrifice with medicines given to them defines who they really are.

And bro, everything is an effect of a spirit. Be it medical problem or spiritual. . . . .it is all spirit.

I know of a little gal that is scared of everything. They call the spirit tormrnting her 'Eru'. No matter how her parents tried to brace courage round her, she is scared of even her shadow. And the necessary ritual was done. . . .it was just incision and application of some stuff in her blood. That was the end of excessive fear.

In Ifa, efori is caused by a spirit, majele is a spirit, even olejija which some call a psychological problem is effected by a spirit. Call it force or spirit, something effects it.

This is not a matter of blaming the spirit, this is a matter of knowing what is what and doing what is necessary to curtain this effects.

The knowledge of illness has caused lot death. Malaria has been killing in millions despite the knowledge of it in our society. You dont blame death on lack of knowledge, it is problem of not taking precautionary measure considering time, person, cause and getting of whats needed.

My dad does not waste time treating headache with medicine, he only speaks to it and it get cured. I have a uncle that know this things but they are not ready to teach. . . .due to age factor. I came across this ofo in wande abimbola book but it not complete so not working.

Everything is effect from the spirit, medical problem included. Ti o ba ti mo oruko ti aisan je, a ba wi ni, a fun ni oun ti ofe a si fi ni sile. Hope you get that?

And pls do more research on Abiku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 8:23am On Sep 28, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

You indeed said Abiku cases is proceeded by illness and isnt a spiritual thing but medical proble. You even label it as lack of understanding of some medical problems. And you have stylishly took the blame on medicine. So how would you explain the cases of abiku that were perverted from dying? How would explain kokumo and Durojaye who are old today without any medical problem posing death threat?

And again you keep mentioning Illness. . . . .what exactly is the illness of Abiku? What specifically is the disease that cause there early death? If it is all about medical approach, dont you think there is enough herbs in the forest for medication? And yes, there are cases of ones that are healthy but die at early stage. . . .does this not make you think issue has gone beyond medical approach?

This is the reason Yoruba people ask parents to pre-check Isekojaye of their children so that they can know who is who and how to handle such a child. I know what and what to touch and not to touch because my parent have been warning me since I was a child just because they know who I am. A mother that frequently give birth to Abiku tends to get closer to Babalawo who would do the necessary things from early stage of pregnancy. This is where such children get there names. . . .rituals and sacrifice with medicines given to them defines who they really are.

And bro, everything is an effect of a spirit. Be it medical problem or spiritual. . . . .it is all spirit.

I know of a little gal that is scared of everything. They call the spirit tormrnting her 'Eru'. No matter how her parents tried to brace courage round her, she is scared of even her shadow. And the necessary ritual was done. . . .it was just incision and application of some stuff in her blood. That was the end of excessive fear.

In Ifa, efori is caused by a spirit, majele is a spirit, even olejija which some call a psychological problem is effected by a spirit. Call it force or spirit, something effects it.

This is not a matter of blaming the spirit, this is a matter of knowing what is what and doing what is necessary to curtain this effects.

The knowledge of illness has caused lot death. Malaria has been killing in millions despite the knowledge of it in our society. You dont blame death on lack of knowledge, it is problem of not taking precautionary measure considering time, person, cause and getting of whats needed.

My dad does not waste time treating headache with medicine, he only speaks to it and it get cured. I have a uncle that know this things but they are not ready to teach. . . .due to age factor. I came across this ofo in wande abimbola book but it not complete so not working.

Everything is effect from the spirit, medical problem included. Ti o ba ti mo oruko ti aisan je, a ba wi ni, a fun ni oun ti ofe a si fi ni sile. Hope you get that?

you are very knowledgeable in this, apart from abiku dying at early state,the ones that grow old which you called emere and we call it ogbanje,what and what are their symptoms,how can an adult know he or she is emere? Are their anything happening in their lives to show that they are?

Thanks
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Yes, I said Abiku is preceded by illness..is that not true?

Have u heard of an Abiku case where the child dies without ever falling sick?
It's a medical issue, an illness just less understood than malaria

Because Spirits control all things doesn't mean that we keep blaming spirits for what we failed to understand

If you think you understand Abiku
What is the reason for Abiku? Why does it affect the same couple several times?
Don't tell me it's a curse, or the spirit just wants to torture them for fun

Am nt saying abiku children have not been saved using medicines and rituals that give them strength but in very few cases...even upon the rituals they still fall sick regularly
or have u heard that an abiku child was cured?

Malaria, fever, chicken pox were easy deal for Olosanyin(medical practitioners) they never lasted two days but not Abiku.which constantly required certain measures to keep the child living...and it wasn't 100% failproof

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
macof:

Because Spirits control all things doesn't mean that we keep blaming spirits for what we failed to understand

Am nt saying abiku children have not been saved using medicines and rituals that give them strength but in very few cases...even upon the rituals they still fall sick regularly

Malaria, fever, chicken pox were easy deal for Olosanyin(medical practitioners) they never lasted two days but not Abiku.which constantly required certain measures to keep the child living...and it wasn't 100% failproof

from what I was told, the reason abiku comes to a particular couple is because one of the couples is from the same spiritual circle,came to the world but refused to come back when its time,that's by knowing God or doing some sacrifice to stop them from taking him or her away

So for this,they send abiku to the parent involved so he/she will feel the pain they feel for loosing him or her, the child comes and die severally just to cause an emotional torture for the parents

The parent involved might not even know that he or she is an ogbanje,that he/she had a covenant before coming to the world which is the reason (s)he's having all these pain from several death of a child
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: from what I was told, the reason abiku comes to a particular couple is because one of the couples is from the same spiritual circle,came to the world but refused to come back when its time,that's by knowing God or doing some sacrifice to stop them from taking him or her away

So for this,they send abiku to the parent involved so he/she will feel the pain they feel for loosing him or her, the child comes and die severally just to cause an emotional torture for the parents

The parent involved might not even know that he or she is an ogbanje,that he/she had a covenant before coming to the world which is the reason (s)he's having all these pain from several death of a child

By knowing God Lmao...ok wat do u mean by knowing God?

So abiku is revenge?
And also it is repeated from generation to generation??

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
macof:

By knowing God Lmao...ok wat do u mean by knowing God?

So abiku is revenge?
And also it is repeated from generation to generation??
abiku is a satanic thing na, oh! Don't you know,people get free by becoming born again,that's what I meant by knowing God
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: abiku is a satanic thing na, oh! Don't you know,people get free by becoming born again,that's what I meant by knowing God

Case closed! I can't waste my time on someone who is this dumb

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
macof:

Case closed! I can't waste my time on someone who is this dumb
but you just proved your unintelligent for arguing foolishly in the first place
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by iamord(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: abiku is a satanic thing na, oh! Don't you know,people get free by becoming born again,that's what I meant by knowing God

A babalawo can also help them get free too.
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
iamord:

A babalawo can also help them get free too.
do you think that all babalawo is satanic? No, some just have a gift from God
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by iamord(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: do you think that all babalawo is satanic? No, some just have a gift from God

Yeah that's what I meant.. There are also good ones.. Too bad the Jewish religions have demonized anything contrary to their tradition.. And we have taken that aspect as our tradition
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: but you just proved your unintelligent for arguing foolishly in the first place

Arguing foolishly Am I the one calling an illness, evil spirit that can only be cured by being born again?

Your post sure is ironic
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
macof:

Brother, I want you to understand that aisan or arun (disease) is one of Ajogun that battles human from ataining Iwa-pele. So you should understand how aisan is more spiritual like than mere medical problems.

Saying Abiku is preceeded by illness is not completely true. Some Abiku are healthy at birth but still die when they have spent there agree time. And you have not tell us what of specific is the illness or disease that affect Abiku which Yoruba people lack knowledge of. How can people that pervert an Abiku from dying be described by you as non-knowledgeable? The insult you throw at our people is unbearable.

Note for the sake of knowledge, Sickness, illness or disease is one of the 8 Ajoguns who serve as a servant for Eshu. Aisan and Iku according to Odu Otuurupon Meji are keepers of Orunmila treasury (Akapo). According to that Odu, Orunmila is the one that cast divination to Iku, and made Aisan his Representative. The verse is saying specifically that aisan or arun and Iku shouldnt scare us away because Ifa know who they are and us. So babalawo, Aisan or Iku are one Awo-ifa. This should explain how they are spirits.

In Odu Owonrin Meji, there is a verse that shows you can communicate with stomach ache to leave you. Ofo is used for communicating with Aisan. In the book, Ijinle oun enu ifa, there are lot of Ofo for different diseases. . . . .this is because they are spirits and are alive.

Ifa knows each disease and what is best for chasing them away. If someone is sick, Eshu is the one that take sacrifice for Ajogun, Emere and Orishas. Eshu takes 5% share and deliver the rest to who needs them. So how would you make medicine for illness without consulting the spirit? Is it Osanyin or Ifa or the herbs who are spirits on it own are what you will ignore? Or you dont know Iroko, Bara, koko and other herbs are spirits? And you dont know aisan is a spirit?

I think one day, you will advice your Awo to clean his Ifa with tura soap and sponge. Or when awede cant be found in the bush, you ask your awo to use Klin detergent because it just a stain or dirt problem which woule be removed so nothing spritual about it. And use poutry chicken instead of local chicken for sacrifice because they are both chicken. These herbs, illness or death are spiritual agent meant for a purpose.

Abiku are called 'Eyin aseni' in Osa Meji. They are evil doer. . . . .hindering person from achieving Iwa-pele. Yoruba people say 'Eyin kule lota wa, ile l'aseni ngbe'. Abiku live and dwell with us. . .they are part of us but never with the intention of making us getting Ire (owo, omo ati alafia pelu Iwa baba oro).

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Brother, I want you to understand that aisan or arun (disease) is one of Ajogun that battles human from ataining Iwa-pele. So you should understand how aisan is more spiritual like than mere medical problems.

Saying Abiku is preceeded by illness is not completely true. Some Abiku are healthy at birth but still die when they have spent there agree time. And you have not tell us what of specific is the illness or disease that affect Abiku which Yoruba people lack knowledge of. How can people that pervert an Abiku from dying be described by you as non-knowledgeable? The insult you throw at our people is unbearable.

Note for the sake of knowledge, Sickness, illness or disease is one of the 8 Ajoguns who serve as a servant for Eshu. Aisan and Iku according to Odu Otuurupon Meji are keepers of Orunmila treasury (Akapo). According to that Odu, Orunmila is the one that cast divination to Iku, and made Aisan his Representative. The verse is saying specifically that aisan or arun and Iku shouldnt scare us away because Ifa know who they are and us. So babalawo, Aisan or Iku are one Awo-ifa. This should explain how they are spirits.

In Odu Owonrin Meji, there is a verse that shows you can communicate with stomach ache to leave you. Ofo is used for communicating with Aisan. In the book, Ijinle oun enu ifa, there are lot of Ofo for different diseases. . . . .this is because they are spirits and are alive.

Ifa knows each disease and what is best for chasing them away. If someone is sick, Eshu is the one that take sacrifice for Ajogun, Emere and Orishas. Eshu takes 5% share and deliver the rest to who needs them. So how would you make medicine for illness without consulting the spirit? Is it Osanyin or Ifa or the herbs who are spirits on it own are what you will ignore? Or you dont know Iroko, Bara, koko and other herbs are spirits? And you dont know aisan is a spirit?

I think one day, you will advice your Awo to clean his Ifa with tura soap and sponge. Or when awede cant be found in the bush, you ask your awo to use Klin detergent because it just a stain or dirt problem which woule be removed so nothing spritual about it. And use poutry chicken instead of local chicken for sacrifice because they are both chicken. These herbs, illness or death are spiritual agent meant for a purpose.

Abiku are called 'Eyin aseni' in Osa Meji. They are evil doer. . . . .hindering person from achieving Iwa-pele. Yoruba people say 'Eyin kule lota wa, ile l'aseni ngbe'. Abiku live and dwell with us. . .they are part of us but never with the intention of making us getting Ire (owo, omo ati alafia pelu Iwa baba oro).
hmmm... Nice explanation, somebody who marine spirit(spiritual wife) is following up and down,what do you think the person should do to be free, is it going for church deliverance or doing some rituals/sacrifice?
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by qstar(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: All my threads almost speaks on one direction,anyway that's because I only have one problem in this life which I keep talking about

Can someone please tell me what he/she understands as ogbanje/abiku , if its in a lineage,hereditary or is it just something that comes on its own, what thay face in life,the best way to separate from it,is it through prayers or tradition

finally,is everyone who has spiritual wife/husband an ogbanje/abiku?

Please I need experienced people

One word-- psychotic delusions
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by 4C2215131: 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
qstar:

One word-- psychotic delusions

Pray the denizens of the abyss don't take a liking to you...or its alternative.
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by nnofaith: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Africans and BS!

To think some of these folks actually went to school!!

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by pureIvory(f): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
nnofaith: Africans and BS!

You know the believe in supernatural things is not limited to Africans only so don't tag it an "African thing"
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
nnofaith: Africans and BS!

what makes people like you a dumb is that your role models,people you see as most educated actually believe in these things, professor coker in unical once told us that some people were actually wise before going to school but came out as a foolish person while thinking he/she's wise

You'll see somebody who believe in God,just because a certain university gave him/her an admission to study philosophy,you see the person graduated and start saying there's no God,while the person who taught him is only being professional while having faith in God

So if you don't believe in this things you are the foolish one,because they are as real as death
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by nnofaith: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
lastchild: what makes people like you a dumb is that your role models,people you see as most educated actually believe in these things, professor coker in unical once told us that some people were actually wise before going to school but came out as a foolish person while thinking he/she's wise

You'll see somebody who believe in God,just because a certain university gave him/her an admission to study philosophy,you see the person graduated and start saying there's no God,while the person who taught him is only being professional while having faith in God

So if you don't believe in this things you are the foolish one,because they are as real as death
por que?!
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
nnofaith: por que?!
I no dey understand french
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

Lol grin you probably didn't understand a thing I posted as you didn't even answer my questions

I'll leave u to ur belief that abiku are evil spirits tormenting a family for revenge

1 Like

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by macof(m): 12:17am On Sep 29, 2014
lastchild: hmmm... Nice explanation, somebody who marine spirit(spiritual wife) is following up and down,what do you think the person should do to be free, is it going for church deliverance or doing some rituals/sacrifice?

grin grin I blame folykaze for entertaining things like this

Spirit wife ko, spirit kids ni grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogbanje/abiku by lastchild: 5:44am On Sep 29, 2014
macof:

grin grin I blame folykaze for entertaining things like this

Spirit wife ko, spirit kids ni grin
I still wonder why someone will spend time commenting on a thread rhat doesn't make sense to him
Re: Ogbanje/abiku by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:30am On Sep 29, 2014
macof:

Lol grin you probably didn't understand a thing I posted as you didn't even answer my questions

I'll leave u to ur belief that abiku are evil spirits tormenting a family for revenge

What is the question you asked that have not been answered?

And where did I say Abiku torment people for a revenge?

How is barring one from attaining Iwa pele is a revenge?

Is 'Eyin Aseni' not understandeable enough to you?

This is not about believe, it is about the fact on ground from Odu Ifa (body of knowledge) which you tagged as lack of knowledge. If you cant reach your awo, you can get some books and read. . . . ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Pray When You Don't Know what To Pray / Beejay Accepts Promise10's Challenge On Blood Money / How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.