Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,177 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists (3541 Views)

13 Questions For Feminists / Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson / false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Misogynist2014(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
BananaBender:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaasss!! LMAO! Tell'em!
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.—Henry Ford smiley
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
I'll like to take u up on d bolded.
N.B. No be fightsmiley

How would feminists react if a woman is put on one of dangote's truck and she is mandated to make a trip to zaria twice in a month?...N.B. She put in for the job.
How would dey react if in the face of war,women are told to enlist in d army along side men?. N.B. D general practice is that women and children are kept out of harm's way.A 12year old boy must enlist in d army if need be...even ahead of his mother.
Sophyrocks:

Women are constantly reminded they cannot do certain things simply because they are women. Sexism still persists. This alone will make feminism grow.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
There's no justifiable reason for creating this thread. Most times, oppression brings about rebelion. But that's not what i see in feminism. And even if it were the case, continuous harping and ridicule will only make it spread like wild fire.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Misogynist2014(m): 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: I'll like to take u up on d bolded.
N.B. No be fightsmiley

How would feminists react if a woman is put on one of dangote's truck and she is mandated to make a trip to zaria twice in a month?...N.B. She put in for the job.
How would dey react if in the face of war,women are told to enlist in d army along side men?. N.B. D general practice is that women and children are kept out of harm's way.A 12year old boy must enlist in d army if need be...even ahead of his mother.
The worst thing is channels like CNN will say 2000 people died out of them,500 women and 200 children. I don't think they recognize women as humans. Same with NIGERIAN PUNCH NEWSPAPER ,IT GOES THUS: A *FEMALE* DOCTOR DIES OF EBOLA. VERY SAD SCENARIO. Poor women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" cry cry cry cry cry
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Misogynist2014(m): 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
koyyes: There's no justifiable reason for creating this thread. Most times, oppression brings about rebelion. But that's not what i see in feminism. And even if it were the case, continuous harping and ridicule will only make it spread like wild fire.
A mere hypotheses!!! Yor analytical logic stands no ground. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thatz one of the issues addressed in the open letter.When it is against men,itz normal.When itz against women,all hell is let loose.
Just take a look at the the images of dead Boko haram fighters.Many men lay lifeless on the ground and itz perfectly normal.If it had been women,u'lld av heard sumtin like-"why were dey not captured?","the soldiers are heartless etc"

I'll just advise dey forget dis feminism movement.If they insist and want to carry on,they shld look at starting from the family.
If u want a girl to be "free" and equal,buy her toy cars and guns instead of teddy bears.let her join the boys at back flipping and somersaulting,make her realize she is a girl and she shuldnt cry wen little tinz happen to her.Dont give her preferential treatment (treat her as u would your boy).Also make sure you teach d boys that she is not different from dem in any way.Make dem realize that she isnt entitled to special privileges.The boys wuld learn not to give up their seats in buses,learn not to open doors e.t.c.The popular line- "ladies first" will likely be thrashed forever. I tink these would go a long way in helping her grow to be "dat woman".
Try dis and let us see wat our nxt step wuld be undecided
Misogynist2014: The worst thing is channels like CNN will say 2000 people died out of them,500 women and 200 children. I don't think they recognize women as humans. Same with NIGERIAN PUNCH NEWSPAPER ,IT GOES THUS: A *FEMALE* DOCTOR DIES OF EBOLA. VERY SAD SCENARIO. Poor women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" cry cry cry cry cry
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Misogynist2014: A mere hypotheses!!! Yor analytical logic stands no ground. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your word against mine then. We don't have to agree on everything- That's what makes the world interesting. Time will tell.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
Misogynist2014: A mere hypotheses!!! Yor analytical logic stands no ground. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your word against mine then. We don't have to agree on everything- That's what makes the world interesting. Time will tell. grin
Your word against mine then. We don't have to agree on everything- That's what makes the world interesting. Time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I am about to break The Promise I Made Years Ago To My Wife / This 9-year-old Girl’s Face Was Used To Promote Abortion(Photo) / Help!!! A Single Mom About To Be Evicted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.