Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (38102 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / People Like Nnamdi Kanu And Sambo Dasuki Do Not Deserve Bail – Buhari / Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 12:07am On Sep 28, 2014
olaeffect:

I don't know about xtianity ( as at the last time I checked" x" is unknown), Christianity was existing before the Roman Catholic church. But please don't let's go into that.

I am a Christian 1st and foremost. I am not a follower of any Church or denomination but a follower of Christ. I however have a church i fellowship with.

Real Christianity would have perished if not for the few that still choose to follow Christ in his fullness of power, miracle, and Majesty.

Mpish!!! Like it or not, the Roman Cath. Church (and the Eastern Orthodox Church) played a bigger role than Jesus Christ (JC) in what is now known as Xtianity. In fact the Church helped develop the Jesus myth. You owe your xtianity largely to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by xtianh(m): 12:09am On Sep 28, 2014
deletrue: I thought this man, Okojie was a little reasonable. He is pained for the notable progress being recorded by this government. If he is normal, he should not allow Sahara reporters who are apc associates on meaningless issues. He is just a riff raffs.
for what reason will u call a man of God who jst aired his opinion a riff raff, its rather so rude of u, for whatever reason or whatsoever to call a cardinal a riff raff. Its beta u watch what u type in a public furum.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by emmatok(m): 12:13am On Sep 28, 2014
Dmacaw:

it's you that needs a lesson in History even the expired cardinal confirmed himself it was under his leadership as CAN President that Nigeria was registered as an OIC state and he couldn't do anything about it, he gave IBB/ Abacha tough time in what way? And corruption and breach of human rights rained supreme during those administration. the current CAN President has recorded greater success than previous president under his leadership he stopped the introduction of Islamic banking, he stood against establishment of grazing reserves across Nigeria for Fulani herdsmen, the cardinal was dumb during the early days of Boko Haram when Oritsejafor was drawing the worlds attention to it, The cardinal is not political but has long before now asked GEJ not to contest in 2015 but sees everything bad in Oritsejafor supporting the president, Even if GEJ is a bad leader if he has good support from people he would be compelled to do the right thing.... The cardinal has done more harm than good with this acerbic attack on the current CAN Leadership he is trying to pull down the house he claimed he helped to set up, why is he bringing up perspnal issues of jet and University? this is jealousy. what happened to fair hearing what true report do we all have to indict Oritsejafor in this arm deal/laundering scandal? aside a leased aircraft to a company chattered for transportation or since when has been friends with the president become a crime in Nigeria? Posterity will judge all men for our actions and inactions today it's Okogie if he took his stand in the 80's maybe we won't have had Boko Haram today.

I would have replied you with an intellectual discourse, but i realize you are arguing emotionally.
How did Pastor Ayo stop Islamic Banking , you probably don't know an Islamic bank exist in Nigeria.
And tell us why a Senior Cardinal with the Catholic church be envying AYO.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Houstency(m): 12:33am On Sep 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Dmacaw: 12:43am On Sep 28, 2014
emmatok:

I would have replied you with an intellectual discourse, but i realize you are arguing emotionally.
How did Pastor Ayo stop Islamic Banking , you probably don't know an Islamic bank exit in Nigeria.
And tell us why a Senior Cardinal with the Catholic church be envying AYO.

thank you and don't educate me on what I know already but what you probably may not know is that Pastor Ayo while Sanusi was busy campaigning for the integration of islamic banking stood firmly against the use of Tax payers money for the propagation of Islamic banking in Nigeria the issue was dropped. Thanks for reminding me again that he is a senior Cardinal but making reference to Jet and University is just way too personal...if he feels things are not right with CAN its not Sahara Reporters that should be the first to know.

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by cliffm43: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2014
the man is a member of ISIS,,,,anyway,it is only a useless will say that Jonathan never deserves the second or third term....maybe the Okojie is on drug...or he already collected bribe from Buhari,Atiku and El Rufai
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by bishopclin(m): 12:52am On Sep 28, 2014
Although I am nt surprised that such a story will be coming from SR because it is no news that SR is a die-hard hater of Mr. President and indeed Nigeria, I find it very difficult to believe that an 'anointed man of God' could say all in the aforeposted interview. More worrisome is the fact that the supposed interviewee continued to whine as though he is already a politician or a soothsayer. I'm perplexed that d same interviewee tried to adduce to an imaginary fact that Mr. President signed for one tenure. What show of immaturity and senselessness is this? Was the interviewee there when such was signed? Can d interviewee possibly believe in hearsay evidence? He should go hide his face in shame. If these are true of this interviewee , then it's quite unfortunate of his person. It further goes to show the sort of 'men of God' we have in this country. He can't deceive about 170million Nigerians with this trash. Nigerians know better. Nigerians know that every Nigerian of 18yrs and above has d constitutional rights to vote and be voted for. Nigerians know better that a political office holder has the right to contest for a second tenure if s/he desires. Let the interviewee go get a life and do something better with his life even in retirement. Politics is not for 'men of God'. Such persons should be more interested in ensuring that Christendom is increasing.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ochiske(m): 1:45am On Sep 28, 2014
iceberylin:
Śo ŴĤŐ'Ś ßĔŤŤĔŔ undecided

ßÚĤÁŔĨ
ÁŤĨĶÚ
ŦÁŚĤĨŐĹÁ
ŴĤŐ ŃĨ

you want to compare Johnathan to Buhari and Fashola
Bros abeggi

Even Johnathan cannot compare himself to these two men!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by AfroBlue(m): 2:00am On Sep 28, 2014
"They think people are silly. They have not even answered about this $9.3m, and when the matter got to the House of Reps, they said they should throw it out. Can you imagine? Are they not the ones making laws on money laundering? And this is a case of real money laundering. These are lawmakers.

And they say throw it out, we will not entertain any discussion on this $9.3m matter. Can you imagine! You can imagine that these are the kind of people we have in the National Assembly."

worth a second thought in case you quickly skimmed over it.

we won't go into the Roman Catholic Church at the Vatican being the richest organization/entity on the whole of the Planet Earth at this time, and how that came about through the centuries. that's for another day and topic.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by kraftykc(m): 2:27am On Sep 28, 2014
Noneroone: I beg to differ, the cardinal is wrong. I hope someone is advising him less he makes regrettable incursion into politics through rekless statements. Religious leaders are the moral eyes of the society, they can condemn social and economic inequality like Desmund tutu and leave the country's leadership to adjust the imbalance, whoever the leader is. However, for a person who says a president does not deserve a second term, political opponent is a more apprioprate word.

So I become GEJ's opponent simply by stating "He does not deserve a second term?"

Alright, it's said. Now gimme APC's nomination form! cool

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by kahal29: 3:30am On Sep 28, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Sent the link to a frnd and he said its not opening again, tried opening it myself and it's saying error. Guess GEJites have done something to that story.

Use the link below:
http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/27/jonathan-does-not-deserve-second-term-%E2%80%93-okogie
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by kahal29: 4:12am On Sep 28, 2014
9iceboi: By sahararepoters.. Mtcheeew..

Here is the original link:
http://newtelegraphonline.com/jonathan-does-not-deserve-a-second-term-okogie/
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by kahal29: 4:16am On Sep 28, 2014
bishopclin: Although I am nt surprised that such a story will be coming from SR because it is no news that SR is a die-hard hater of Mr. President and indeed Nigeria, I find it very difficult to believe that an 'anointed man of God' could say all in the aforeposted interview. More worrisome is the fact that the supposed interviewee continued to whine as though he is already a politician or a soothsayer. I'm perplexed that d same interviewee tried to adduce to an imaginary fact that Mr. President signed for one tenure. What show of immaturity and senselessness is this? Was the interviewee there when such was signed? Can d interviewee possibly believe in hearsay evidence? He should go hide his face in shame. If these are true of this interviewee , then it's quite unfortunate of his person. It further goes to show the sort of 'men of God' we have in this country. He can't deceive about 170million Nigerians with this trash. Nigerians know better. Nigerians know that every Nigerian of 18yrs and above has d constitutional rights to vote and be voted for. Nigerians know better that a political office holder has the right to contest for a second tenure if s/he desires. Let the interviewee go get a life and do something better with his life even in retirement. Politics is not for 'men of God'. Such persons should be more interested in ensuring that Christendom is increasing.

Is not coming from SR alone. Here is the original link to the story:

http://newtelegraphonline.com/jonathan-does-not-deserve-a-second-term-okogie/
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by okoolori(m): 6:25am On Sep 28, 2014
Goddex: The man has been eyeing a Nobel Peace Prize for a couple of years now.

Fine, criticisms worked for Bishop Desmond Tutu, it may not necessarily work for Cardinal Okojie. He may keep trying sha . . .

So in your opinion, he shouldn't say it as it is cos your heart and your mind tells you Nobel Laureate for Peace is a ticket to Heaven abi?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Spray(m): 6:27am On Sep 28, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Mad men like you should be burned at a stake. Or at the very least, sterilized, so you don't transfer your crazy DNA to the rest of peaceful earth.
. Lol, this guy u wicked ooo, you mean say the guy DNA carry ebola ne?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by okoolori(m): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2014
keypad1: if buhari or atiku or kwankwaso wins the presidential election next year then the islamization of nigeria will come immediately.

Muslims cleric doesnt talk down their fellow leaders like this. They have agenda. But christians cleric, na to open mouth wide and talk rubbish.

When another sects of islamists emerge, then our eyes will be clearer.

I no dey hide my own. It was buhari that said muslims should vote muslims and christians should vote christians.

Christians be warn.

Ooponu.
Sometimes it's saddens my heart to see youths talks in an immoral and unethical way. Well I don't blame them. They r carried away by lilwayne sagging they found themselves in.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Dmacaw: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2014
If the cardinal was CAN president when IBB led this country for 8yrs institutionalizing corruption in the process, annulled June 12 elections unjustly and was alive when Abacha looted this country dry killed Saro Wiwa and I can't find/read anything spectacular he did to stop them, Then he has to moral rights to ask GEJ not to run for a second term, compared to what happened in his tenure "cardinal"GEJ deserves to rule this country unabated till Jesus comes before you quote me am not a jonathanian or a PDP member. As for his personal attack on the current CAN leadership it's same betrayal all the way same thing OBJ did with his letter to GEJ, how would this public attack and criticism of the church in Nigeria help the faith of believers in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ddy(m): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2014
Rubbbish......Rubbish talk by wats dat ur name cardinal?
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by olaeffect(m): 7:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Ghost01: Mpish!!! Like it or not, the Roman Cath. Church (and the Eastern Orthodox Church) played a bigger role than Jesus Christ (JC) in what is now known as Xtianity. In fact the Church helped develop the Jesus myth. You owe your xtianity largely to them.

You are correct. That is why there is a difference between xtianity and Christianity, some may think it's a typho but the real issue is that the "world Church" is trying by all means to remove "Christ" (God's manifest power) from Christianity and replace it with human traditions "x" that has nothing to do with Christ and quotation from Shakespeare instead of the Bible.

www.nairaland.com/1912518/why-most-claim-believe-god

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by ChikeJohn: 7:13am On Sep 28, 2014
pro2010: I am not suprised Okojie said this,he does not mince words. what could scare a man of his age and caliber or what is he still pursueing?This question is what sane minds ask on a daily basis; why do relatively successful persons sit on their heads and behave like petty criminals, to what end i ask? All the wealth in the world would not make you immortal, if you have 10 houses you can only stay in a room at a time i could go on,so to what end? Memento mori (remember that one day you will die) for
Homo Humus,Fama, fumus, Cini finis.
Man is clay, fame is smoke, in the end we are dust.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2014
olaeffect:

You are correct. That is why there is a difference between xtianity and Christianity, some may think it's a typho but the real issue is that the "world Church" is trying by all means to remove "Christ" (God's manifest power) from Christianity and replace it with human traditions "x" that has nothing to do with Christ and quotation from Shakespeare instead of the Bible.

www.nairaland.com/1912518/why-most-claim-believe-god

Aish! You've been a protestant for soooo long. Lol.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by fxseven(m): 7:44am On Sep 28, 2014
When I was in the war front, I didn’t die, not a
scratch
on my body. It’s a pity Benjamin Adekunle is
dead now.
God bless his soul. He was my boss. The other
one was
Godwin Ali. We were all under him. They were
real
soldiers. I wasn’t a combatant officer, I was only
a
chaplain, and I did the little that God wanted me
to do
and came out without problem.

The problem with Nigerian Social Activist is that they do so when it suits them . Look at the criticism of a man who looked on as a Chaplain while the most dread killing machine kill Igbos with alacrity. God bless ur soul Okogie.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2014
Men of God and politics should not mix, its like a mixture of oil and water.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by olaeffect(m): 8:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Ghost01: Aish! You've been a protestant for soooo long. Lol.

Better a Protestant that is a Christian (people like Christ) than an "xtian" .

The issue is that we read the Bible and wonder why the Pharisees and Sadducees where so cruel to Jesus Christ for doing no evil. But in this current time some of us persecute men of God simply for being like Christ ( demonstrating Christ power)

I repeat, true Christianity cannot exist without the miraculous. Christianity is not a call to conformity but of transformation to be like Christ by the word of God in the Bible not quotation from Shakespeare grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by yetunsbay(m): 8:05am On Sep 28, 2014
yomexp: I hope this man is not in GEJ's snipers' list now. for having the gut to say this things.
tell me one living thing dat wudnt die
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by maclatunji: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Mad men like you should be burned at a stake. Or at the very least, sterilized, so you don't transfer your crazy DNA to the rest of peaceful earth.

This is wicked, as for the fellow it is addressed to, I do not know what to say. However, the older I get, the more I agree with Fela on the concept of 'Animals in human skin'.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by usibengate(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2014
The end shall tell of GEJ and ORITSHEJAOLE. JEG is a disappointment of all this corruption charges and linkages
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by yetunsbay(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2014
Noneroone: I beg to differ, the cardinal is wrong. I hope someone is advising him less he makes regrettable incursion into politics through rekless statements. Religious leaders are the moral eyes of the society, they can condemn social and economic inequality like Desmund tutu and leave the country's leadership to adjust the imbalance, whoever the leader is. However, for a person who says a president does not deserve a second term, political opponent is a more apprioprate word.
so tell me apart fr being a religious leader wotabt his utmost view as a citizen.Wuld he not vote
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Lucasbalo(m): 8:21am On Sep 28, 2014
All this mental midgets supporting Jonathan is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome where the oppressed falls in love with their oppressors . People are lining up for GEJ bag of rice and vegetable oil. What a shame.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by yetunsbay(m): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2014
Timijo: I challenge okogie to tell us the man who deserves the 2nd term.
u could also reason a fresh blood who hasn't done it b4...................both military/civilian
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by mustymatic(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2014
Meanwhil...in churches

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by yomexp(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2014
yetunsbay: tell me one living thing dat wudnt die
hm...
yetunde! dying by a sniper's bullet is not a good way to die.

or do you fancy dying by the bullet of a sniper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle” / President Buhari, Aisha And Halima Meet With Turkish President And His Wife / Female IPOB Victim Who Was In Kanu's House During Army Invasion Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.