Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship (6315 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How To Make Uha Soup And Enjoy With Fufu / Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Owo Soup And Also How To Make Ukhodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
I recently met this guy. I like him a lot and I think the feeling is mutual. But recently he came to visit me at home and when I asked what to prepare, he said 'fisherman soup, that's my favorite.' I had never heard of this meal so I laughed it off and prepared egusi soup instead.

The problem is even though he ate the food I could tell he did not enjoy it. And when I apologized that I did not prepare his request because I had no idea how to cook it, he said nothing but I have noticed a big difference in him since then. He doesn't call me as much as he used to.

Please somebody, I need help. Please tell me how to cook this soup so I can surprise him with it on his birthday next week.
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wow, if this story is true, then that man is really funny...and immature.
You think knowing how to prepare fisherman's soup will save your relationship? How do you know it will guarantee his satisfaction? You'll see, his next request will be tortoise soup...then what will you do?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by ahnie: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
bet you his next request would be....please prepare eel soup. make i know where you go cee the recipe.

1 Like

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by merieam16(f): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
Google it nw undecided or go to etiosa whr does fishermen re...1da if u two get married mayb na shark stew e go ask u 2 cookgrin

1 Like

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by AYOUNG(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Simple to cook.
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by martyns303(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
I think u are just over reacting, he hasn't called you doesn't mean it was cos of a soup. My ex was like, she gets worked up over nothing. It's possible he's just tied up with something, call him up and confirm from him. I promise you even if it's cos of the soup, he wouldn't want to admit it cos it will sound silly even to him. But tell him u don't know how to prepare the soup and that u are willing to learn. I personally haven't heard of such soup, I just asked a friend and she hasn't either. So don't beat up yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by ajuwarhodes(f): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
Just cook soup that's got enough sea foods in it.but combine it well o,so it won't look like roforofo

1 Like

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by rawpadgin(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
grin grin ur boyfriend must be a typical ijaw man.
they usually prepares it in my place of work.
I detest it though
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by spankyflex(m): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
iamlola: I recently met this guy. I like him a lot and I think the feeling is mutual. But recently he came to visit me at home and when I asked what to prepare, he said 'fisherman soup, that's my favorite.' I had never heard of this meal so I laughed it off and prepared egusi soup instead.

The problem is even though he ate the food I could tell he did not enjoy it. And when I apologized that I did not prepare his request because I had no idea how to cook it, he said nothing but I have noticed a big difference in him since then. He doesn't call me as much as he used to.

Please somebody, I need help. Please tell me how to cook this soup so I can surprise him with it on his birthday next week.
pm me am gonna help u out;am serious
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by egopersonified(f): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
spankyflex: pm me am gonna help u out;am serious
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Olusanya333(m): 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ladystewie: Wow, if this story is true, then that man is really funny...and immature.
You think knowing how to prepare fisherman's soup will save your relationship? How do you know it will guarantee his satisfaction? You'll see, his next request will be tortoise soup...then what will you do?
Much more a cockroach soup.
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
smiley
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
egopersonified: .
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Charlesberry(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
That soup is one of d best soup. Just google it and u will see some nigerian blogs on dat soup. I stay alone and most of d time I try something new lyk google for soup n prepare dem myself. Been fun I must confess I cook alone and that has help me frm disturbing gals/ladies to come cook for me. Try it

1 Like

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Thanks for your comments. Don't see anything wrong in trying to satisfy my man, though.
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by kweenkong(f): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
iamlola: Thanks for your comments. Don't see anything wrong in trying to satisfy my man, though.

My dear he isnt your man yet since the two of you cant even communicate over food and you are here second guessing him. Call him and see if thats the problem but i seriouslydoubt that . if it was reall an issue he shoulkd help you with the recipe.

My 2 cowries

1 Like

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Thanks for your tip Charlesberry. Did a google search and came across the recipe on https://www.facebook.com/RoycoNigeria. Can't wait to try it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by tollu: 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
Lol. Advert of life. Well done
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Queendo(f): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Facebook news feed post by: MAGGI Nigeria
MAGGI Nigeria shared the following link and had this to say about it:

Fisherman Soup - How do you cook yours?

We simply steam the sea foods with MAGGI in a clean pot. Use another pot to cook the sliced yam and then pound to a smooth resilient paste.

Add the okro to the steamed sea foods - cook for 7mins

Add the yam paste in small flat balls - cook for 7mins

Pour in some palm oil and cook for another 5 minutes
Add the Patmenger (uziza) leaves - allow to simmer for another 5-7 minutes

Serve with Pounded yam, Eba or Semo.
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by spankyflex(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Queendo:

We simply steam the sea foods with MAGGI in a clean pot. Use another pot to cook the sliced yam and then pound to a smooth resilient paste.

which kind fisherman soup be this?

4 Likes

Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Ignatio(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
My first time of hearing the name fisherman soup.
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by giffty(f): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
Queendo:

really huh?
last tym i checkd dah yam shud b cocoyam dah serves as the soup thickner,okra huh?so nt part of it,
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by spankyflex(m): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
giffty:
really huh?
last tym i checkd dah yam shud b cocoyam dah serves as the soup thickner,okra huh?so nt part of it,
noting like yam paste or cocoyam paste in fisherman soup
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by giffty(f): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
spankyflex:
noting like yam paste or cocoyam paste in fisherman soup
der is,dah happens to b ma native soup
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Sleekfingers: 11:05am On Apr 02
Queendo:

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aparutu chef fisherman soup......
Re: Help: Teach Me How To Prepare Fisherman Soup And Save My Relationship by Kinkinatus(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04
A relationship which fluctuates on basis of preparing fisherman soup? WoW!! Thats

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Cooking Pots / Pls Someone Should Teach Me How To Make Buns, The Commercial Type. / Why Does Jollof Rice Get Burnt When Stirred?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.