Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! (1114 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / Woman Unknowingly Hired Policemen As Hit-men To Kill Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by 5minsmadness: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Poverty? Or Stupidity?
Its raining heavily here in Benin city. This woman outside the bus selling pepper in the rain is backing a baby and covering it with cellophane.
I called her attention to it and she ignored me. Thinking she didn't hear me I called her again and told her the baby could choke that she should go out of the rain and remove the baby from the rain but she refused. Even her customer shouted on her but she ignored her as well.

The bus conductor has said we should ignore her and mind our business. Its so upsetting . how much does she want to make from the pepper that she cant go under the shade for short while?

Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by dominique(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
cutting off a baby's air supply because she wants to sell pepper. Now that's the height of stupidity.
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by lanrexdo(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
The baby will breath fine. She has been in the childcare business since 60 B.C Poverty is a bad thing, do you think she is enjoying selling pepper while it is raining. She has to survive. This is the life she is accustom to.

1 Like

Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by esof1(f): 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
I don't support her stupidity, but Op where do u want her to keep the baby or with whom shud she keep d baby? What if they steal d baby wherever she keeps it? Its obvious she's a street trader (no shade or shop). If she no sell pepper because of d rain and baby, the others kids including d baby nor go chop today. I don't blame her.

2 Likes

Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by egopersonified(f): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
Suffer dey this life sha.
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by EfemenaXY: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
5minsmadness: Poverty? Or Stupidity?
Its raining heavily here in Benin city. This woman outside the bus selling pepper in the rain is backing a baby and covering it with cellophane.
I called her attention to it and she ignored me. Thinking she didn't hear me I called her again and told her the baby could choke that she should go out of the rain and remove the baby from the rain but she refused. Even her customer shouted on her but she ignored her as well.
The bus conductor has said we should ignore her and mind our business. Its so upsetting . how much does she want to make from the pepper that she cant go under the shade for short while?

You sef too like drama! I was expecting to see some crazed out woman literally strangling her child in the pics you posted.

Anyway, be that as it may, I commend her for doing what she has to do, to put food on the table for her dependents - i.e: braving all weather conditions, but somethings are just common sense abeg.

That child can easily suffocate. If she can't stand under a nearby shed / building for the duration of the storm, then let her at least use her umbrella. Besides, how many customers would she get hustling to buy her pepper when it's raining cats and dogs anyway.

1 Like

Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by cococandy(f): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
That's what they do. I was shocked the first time I saw it.
Hundreds of women. When the rain starts,they'll wear a waterproof bag over their bodies covering the baby they are backing entirely.

So that they can keep hawking under the rain.
One actually passed close to the shop were I was at one day and I called her to come in and wait for the rain to stop so her baby won't suffocate under the bag.she refused shocked

The shop owner said I shouldn't bother, that they can't rest for a second,so waiting for the rain to stop is not part of their plans.

They gat billz to pay. wink
And food to buy
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by coogar: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
stüpid woman!
if the baby dies now, she would blame her neighbour for wïtchery. i would have aimed my left shoe at her bütt.
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
5minmadness, you didn't tell us you be conductor. Abi you leave your own pepper run enter the bus go hide while nairalanding.

If it's feminist , your hand will type faster than your h***. now is the opportunity to save a baby, you run enter bus begin take pics to upload in nairaland. If I hear.

Next time, get a big umbrella for her. Or raincoat. Little things like this matters. you can as well give her your own umbrella. Even if she continues like this the next day, at least you won't be around to see it.
Kpai kpai, you fit tear the waterproof sef, ready to fight. as long as you are saving a soul

2 Likes

Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by bennyrazz: 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
meeen, this is really awful, frightening, wicked on her part but really can you blame her? she's trying to earn a living so that her and her baby can survive the harsh economy. If we live in a country that things are done properly, this baby would be taken away from her immediately cuz she can't cater for herself not to talk of the baby. my take is, I think the social welfare department of the state can do something bcuz no matter how much you correct this woman, she might do something worse to the baby in other areas.
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by 5minsmadness: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
esof1: I don't support her stupidity, but Op where do u want her to keep the baby or with whom shud she keep d baby? What if they steal d baby wherever she keeps it? Its obvious she's a street trader (no shade or shop). If she no sell pepper because of d rain and baby, the others kids including d baby nor go chop today. I don't blame her.
There was shade everywhere, she could have stayed under the shade for goodness sake!

I understand she's trying to hustle but what if something happens to the child? It was actually crying in there and when I shouted on her she removed the plastic for like two seconds then put it back.
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by 5minsmadness: 10:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
cococandy: That's what they do. I was shocked the first time I saw it.
Hundreds of women. When the rain starts,they'll wear a waterproof bag over their bodies covering the baby they are backing entirely.

So that they can keep hawking under the rain.
One actually passed close to the shop were I was at one day and I called her to come in and wait for the rain to stop so her baby won't suffocate under the bag.she refused shocked

The shop owner said I shouldn't bother, that they can't rest for a second,so waiting for the rain to stop is not part of their plans.

They gat billz to pay. wink
And food to buy
shocked shocked
You've seen it before? This is the first time I'm seeing. g such a thing o!
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by 5minsmadness: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Chillisauce: 5minmadness, you didn't tell us you be conductor. Abi you leave your own pepper run enter the bus go hide while nairalanding.

If it's feminist , your hand will type faster than your h***. now is the opportunity to save a baby, you run enter bus begin take pics to upload in nairaland. If I hear.

Next time, get a big umbrella for her. Or raincoat. Little things like this matters. you can as well give her your own umbrella. Even if she continues like this the next day, at least you won't be around to see it.
Kpai kpai, you fit tear the waterproof sef, ready to fight. as long as you are saving a soul
What, there's shame in being a conductor now? undecided
But seriously an umbrella was offered to her and she took it and covered the baby with it without removing the plastic wrapper. The baby was now hidden from us and still crying. She eventually dropped the umbrella later as it was hindering her pepper business. When I started shouting all over the place the conductor told me to leave her alone. Even the other passengers kept mute.

This is wrong! In a sane society the woman should know better or at least officials of some sort can take care of the baby while she sells her pepper or whatever.

Gosh this is so depressing...
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
grin grin
Chillisauce: 5minmadness, you didn't tell us you be conductor. Abi you leave your own pepper run enter the bus go hide while nairalanding.

Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Very very common in lagos.
That's where I saw it first.
When it begins to rain,all those hawkers and almajiri women will bring out theirs and wear.

The rain can't stop their hustle grin

The rubber bags are fitted with holes for the head and arms for the mother.
But the baby is covered entirely.
Not like what you have in your picture. Theirs is a neck to toe apparel.
Horrendous
They probably think the small open spaces from where the mother brings out her hands and head is enough to supply air for the babies.

Apparently they know more than us because I never heard that one baby died.
But it made me very very uncomfortable to look at.
5minsmadness:
shocked shocked
You've seen it before? This is the first time I'm seeing. g such a thing o!
Re: This Woman Wants To Kill Her Baby! by Kanwulia: 4:21am On Sep 28, 2014
She should feel free please! kiss
It is never to late to have a reeeeeeeal abortion. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Baby Was Found Dead Inside River / What Will You Would Have Done If You Are On His Shoe? / 6 Sure Ways To Save Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.