Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:56 AM

What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? (3745 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In? / Is There Going To Be a Great Revival Before Jesus Comes ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
rationalmind:

Proponents of the heaven and hell sham and those who believe in it.
Is the 'control' for your own good or that of the proponents?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by oghalesluv(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Elantracey:
I went out with a couple of my friends for reach out today and I was prompted to ask the people I met the reason why they were Christians and amazingly I got the same response from them all -to go to heaven then I asked why but most of them couldn't give a straight answer while the once that gave said to meet God and Jesus.

On my way back I began to wonder what really is Christianity , biblically what's its aim and purpose ? is it just to die one day and go to heaven or its something more than that.

Now am prompted to ask peradventure Jesus came down from heaven today and says there's no heaven or hell that this life is all there is, what will be your reaction and will you still remain a Christian ?
If you were ask that kind of question, what will you answer be? And if i may ask apart from going or making heaven at the as a christain what esle? Mine is to go to heaven o i do not know about you. A song writer write "what is the hope you have"? And the answer is " the kingdom of God.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Orunto: 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Incorrect: incorrect: incorrect!
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 5:41am On Sep 29, 2014
And so rationalmind cowards out smh!
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 29, 2014
If there is no heaven or hell, then where is he coming from?? Omo I smell foul play oo. Na dat time I go begin cram bible wella, cuz if God do you 419 na gobe oo, e nor dey fear EFCC grin

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2014
BodyKiss:

Before I headed the gate out of religion, I always tell my friends that I don't really care any bit about heaven, that I will focus on doing and being good to others. If at the end of the day, God doesn't find that good enough, then so be it.

So you're already out of the gate?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by BodyKiss(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey:

So you're already out of the gate?

Yep, already out.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
BodyKiss:

Yep, already out.

so what have been your achievement since then ?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
rationalmind:

The earlier you stop believing in that farce of heaven and hell, the better.

Remember the easiest way to control people is to give them something to fear.

That should explain how heaven and hell came to be.

as Christians we have nothing to fear , its religion that instil fear in people .
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by BodyKiss(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
Elantracey:

so what have been your achievement since then ?

My achievement compare to what?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
BodyKiss:

My achievement compare to what?

compared to your life as a Christian
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by ojaydedon(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
atheists..smh
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
alentyno:
Is the 'control' for your own good or that of the proponents?
Rationalmind how far na? How long will it take you to prepare your own robust reply ni? grin
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2014
Elantracey:

as Christians we have nothing to fear , its religion that instil fear in people .

Does that imply you're not scared of going to hell? The thoughts of that fire that burns with brimstone doesn't scare you?

You're not scared of eventually going to hell after depriving yourself of life goodies? cheesy
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2014
alentyno:
Rationalmind how far na? How long will it take you to prepare your own robust reply ni? grin

You really think I have the time to answer such inane questions?

Since I'm sure you can't see the question is inane, an analogy will do.

A con man controls and deceives me, you warn me he's controlling me with fear. Someone comes to ask you if the control is for your own good or that of the conmen.

How does the question sound to you? And you wonder why I never bothered replying?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 30, 2014
Elantracey:

Ooh and wait, christianity isn't a religion?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2014
rationalmind:

You really think I have the time to answer such inane questions?

Since I'm sure you can't see the question is inane, an analogy will do.

A con man controls and deceives me, you warn me he's controlling me with fear. Someone comes to ask you if the control is for your own good or that of the conmen.

How does the question sound to you? And you wonder why I never bothered replying?
Telling you 'not to commit murder is wrong' is deceit?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2014
rationalmind:

Does that imply you're not scared of going to hell? The thoughts of that fire that burns with brimstone doesn't scare you?

You're not scared of eventually going to hell after depriving yourself of life goodies? cheesy
What goodies? sleeping with hundreds of ladies?, piping cannabis?, what goodies? Smh
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2014
rationalmind:

Never , I cannot be scared of going to hell , Christianity is not about fear because he hasn't given us the spirit of fear but of love and of power and a sound mind , its only those living a double life that will be scared of going to hell.

Depriving myself of which goodies ? I enjoy my life everyday , do you know what it actually is to live a life full of peace and rest of mind in a harsh world ?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2014
rationalmind:

Ooh and wait, christianity isn't a religion?

No it isn't , its a way of life , as par your signature you're correct in the first part , the Bible is not the word of God , it only contains the word of God.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by asalimpo(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2014
If No Hell, what did He die for?
Y did he suffer a cruel death ,
y d marks on his hands and feet?
In essence He lied to us- he'd b judged?
In essence He did the devils work.

If No hell, wat is satan decieving for?
If no Hell where will sons of satan like hitler,stalin,abacha,saddam hussein, osama bin laden
b chillin at?
Even earthly prison is modelled after d hell thing- a place to hold undesirable human elements outta of reach of society.

If there's no heaven ,where is God at? Where ar d angels at? Wattabout them mansions God son was building?

This question is logically incorrect and inadmissible for consideration.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2014
asalimpo: If No Hell, what did He die for?

If no Hell where will sons of satan like hitler,stalin,abacha,saddam hussein, osama bin laden
b chillin at?
Even earthly prison is modelled after d hell thing- a place to hold undesirable human elements outta of reach of society.

If there's no heaven ,where is God at? Where ar d angels at? Wattabout them mansions God son was building?

Is it stated in the bible that Jesus did so we could make heaven ? if that's the case then what of the saints that died before Jesus came ?

Jesus died to reconcile us back to God and one of the benefits of that is making heaven .
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by asalimpo(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Elantracey:

Is it stated in the bible that Jesus did died so we could make heaven ? if that's the case then what of the saints that died before Jesus came ?
Jesus died to reconcile us back to God and one of the benefits of that is making heaven.

Jesus is the SUBSTITUTE for Man.
Taking on Man's sins , He went where Man shudve gone - Hell.

John3.16 " ... Should not PERISH but Have Everlasting Life " .
So Jesus came so that no death(Hell) and for Everlasting Life .
If there's no unpleasant consequences y is salvation then necessary? Salvation from what?
Hell mainly then other lesser things.

Jesus also left to prepare a place for all who accept him.
That where He is his people will b also.
And He will b their God and walk in their midst and they will b his people.
Heaven is temporary, ultimately man is meant for earth but in d meanwhile ...
Heaven is the next stop @ death
Or rapture.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2014
asalimpo:

Jesus is the SUBSTITUTE for Man.
Taking on Man's sins , He went where Man shudve gone - Hell.

John3.16 " ... Should not PERISH but Have Everlasting Life " .
So Jesus came so that no death(Hell) and for Everlasting Life .
If there's no unpleasant consequences y is salvation then necessary? Salvation from what?
Hell mainly then other lesser things.

Jesus also left to prepare a place for all who accept him.
That where He is his people will b also.
And He will b their God and walk in their midst and they will b his people.
Heaven is temporary, ultimately man is meant for earth but in d meanwhile ...
Heaven is the next stop @ death
Or rapture.

so you're trying to say that right now Jesus is not our God and he doesn't walk in our midst?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2014
asalimpo: If No Hell, what did He die for?

b chillin at?

Oh my goodness!...man you need to take it easy!According to some
estimates, there are
roughly 4,200 religions in the world
. "If No hell, wat is satan
decieving for?
If no Hell where will sons
of satan like
hitler,stalin,abacha,saddam
hussein, osama bin laden b chillin at?" you say what? Just because you're a christian-a religion that fortunately has a lot of followers- doesn't make the concept of hell or heaven real. The concept of life after death remains a mystery to us. I don't bother myself with them. What happens to the followers of the 4200+ religion? For all we know,they have their own teaching and beliefs concerning life after death. My question for Elantracey is this: if hell or heaven is real,where will muslims and the followers of other religion go?
what happens to the billions that never heard of christ?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2014
Nobleval: Oh my goodness!...man you need to take it easy!According to some
estimates, there are
roughly 4,200 religions in the world
. "If No hell, wat is satan
decieving for?
If no Hell where will sons
of satan like
hitler,stalin,abacha,saddam
hussein, osama bin laden b chillin at?" you say what? Just because you're a christian-a religion that fortunately has a lot of followers- doesn't make the concept of hell or heaven real. The concept of life after death remains a mystery to us. I don't bother myself with them. What happens to the followers of the 4200+ religion? For all we know,they have their own teaching and beliefs concerning life after death. My question for Elantracey is this: if hell or heaven is real,where will muslims and the followers of other religion go?
what happens to the billions that never heard of christ?

Like the bible said Jesus won't come till all the four corners of the earth has heard the gospel . And as for your other question am not God , am just his child , him alone is the judge and has the answer to that question .
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Elantracey:

Like the bible said Jesus won't come till all the four corners of the earth has heard the gospel . And as for your other question am not God , am just his child , him alone is the judge and has the answer to that question .
@bolded. The bible again? why don't you answer that from your own perspective? Leave the holy book out of it,dear. Don't get me wrong-we all are children of God.
We have many religous texts and one can pull out references from there http://www.adherents.com/adh_influbooks.html
But we tend to forget that when we make the references-like you just did now-we don't really answer the questions directed to us,but evade them.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2014
Nobleval: @bolded. The bible again? why don't you answer that from your own perspective? Leave the holy book out of it,dear. Don't get me wrong-we all are children of God.
We have many religous texts and one can pull out references from there http://www.adherents.com/adh_influbooks.html
But we tend to forget that when we make the references-like you just did now-we don't really answer the questions directed to us,but evade them.

dearie the truth is we can't totally leave the Bible out of it because my perspective is God's perspective and God's perspective is his word .
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2014
Rubbish
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2014
Elantracey:

dearie the truth is we can't totally leave the Bible out of it because my perspective is God's perspective and God's perspective is his word .
I give up. smiley You sound like a member of Jehovah Witness. What is your thought on the teachings of the Roman Catholic which believes in the existence of Purgatory?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2014
iammo6: Rubbish
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nobleval: I give up. smiley You sound like a member of Jehovah Witness. What is your thought on the teachings of the Roman Catholic which believes in the existence of Purgatory?

Na am not , I don't believe in purgatory and am yet to understand it , having had time to read on it tho but I'll do that soonest .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Did The Word “GOD” Originate? / Most Christians Do Not Understand What The Word "SOUL" Means??? / Is This A Result Of Demonic Possession Or Not? Before And After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.