Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? (3674 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In? / Is There Going To Be a Great Revival Before Jesus Comes ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
I went out with a couple of my friends for reach out today and I was prompted to ask the people I met the reason why they were Christians and amazingly I got the same response from them all -to go to heaven then I asked why but most of them couldn't give a straight answer while the once that gave said to meet God and Jesus.

On my way back I began to wonder what really is Christianity , biblically what's its aim and purpose ? is it just to die one day and go to heaven or its something more than that.

Now am prompted to ask peradventure Jesus came down from heaven today and says there's no heaven or hell that this life is all there is, what will be your reaction and will you still remain a Christian ?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by ojaydedon(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
i will still serve Him... wink

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by HFOG(f): 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hmm...deep questions. For me I think I have no regrets living as a Christian. Aside the heaven matter, I've profited alot from righteous living here on earth. It's kept me from lots of complications. It's made my life a simple, free and full one. No guilt over the past. Nothing to hide. No fear. Answers to prayers. Divine healing and health. Prosperity, peace and progress. Etc etc.
However, if there is no heaven the greatest thing I'll miss is that I'll not stay with the God who loves me so. The One beside whom I have no other. The Greatest, Highest and 'Bestest'. It means that when we die that's all. That's a hopeless end I'll say and that's what makes all the difference between believers and non-believers. Where we read as a family this morning (I Peter 1) talks about an incorruptible inheritance kept for us in heaven. Paul says it well that if in this life only we have hope we are of all men most miserable. I'll just take God at His Word and believe He has reserved for me all He says He has. Thinking any less of that already cripples the foundation upon which my faith stands. Without faith it is impossible to please God. For he that must come to Him must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that deligently seek Him. May the Lord keep us standing till the end.

8 Likes

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by humblesteve(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Life goes on then with full Igbadun without break till I kick the bucket

Life is too sweet for one to remain stagnant
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hmm embarassed
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2014
Life goes on. My Mum once told us that we should live a righteous life.So that even ìf at the end we're told that heaven doesn't exist,we have nothing to loose. And I totally agree with her.

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 28, 2014
I'll just get a gun and start sh00ting people who've offended me before shocked cool
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 28, 2014
I will say to him, 'Hey, Mister, don't I already know that? Please, go to hell'

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Mintayo(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2014
There is Heaven and there is Hell.
Jesus can not say otherwise, His Words are Yea and Amen. He is not a Man that changes His mind or Words! He honours His Word more than His name!
We are not Christains to go to heaven alone, but to go to heaven and bring as many people along with us!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 28, 2014
the hell(spirit prison) and the Abraham bosom(heavens see 2cor12:2-6,Luke23:43) are already in existence even in the bible age and this are all places of rest for the spirit of the dead....the hell has always been a place of scorn and anguish but however no soul will be left in hell.... the just after resurrection will fined their living in the earth which God has given to the sons of men and the earth will be nothing else but compared to God's dwelling place and the saints shall seat on the thrones of God as kings but the unjust which truly will be rear to find even from the hell will be cast into a place of eternal death. just as it is that Paul refer our world to be reserved for destruction by fire and not water and such fire was able to vanished the earth and heaven of heavens in semblance shall the unjust be done with....... so fear God and do his will which is already manifested in u by his spirit through Christ Jesus for the favour of man. see also Rev21:1-5
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Mintayo: There is Heaven and there is Hell.
Jesus can not say otherwise, His Words are Yea and Amen. He is not a Man like men that changes His their mind or Words! He honours His Word more than His name!
We are not Christains to go to heaven alone, but to go to heaven and bring as many people along with us!
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by humblesteve(m): 3:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Mintayo: There is Heaven and there is Hell.
Jesus can not say otherwise, His Words are Yea and Amen. He is not a Man that changes His mind or Words! He honours His Word more than His name!
And nobody said that there's no heaven and hell oga

Its more like testing the faith of those who claims to be christians so all you ought to do is just say what your reactions would be if it happens
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by chibwike(m): 4:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Go to church, and stop what-if-ing

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by lonelydora: 5:17am On Sep 28, 2014
I will still be there for him
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 28, 2014
What of, after being righteous on this earth, and when you die as a muslim, they tell you it's christianity that is real. Will you go to hell fire?

After as a Christian and they you it's Islam that's the best. Will you go to hell fire?

I am confused. cry

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Liveair: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2014
He doesn't need to appear. We already know it doesnt. Except all Religions have their own versions of it.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 28, 2014
FrancisTony: What of, after being righteous on this earth, and when you die as a muslim, they tell you it's christianity that is real. Will you go to hell fire?

After as a Christian and they you it's Islam that's the best. Will you go to hell fire?

I am confused. cry

The earlier you stop believing in that farce of heaven and hell, the better.

Remember the easiest way to control people is to give them something to fear.

That should explain how heaven and hell came to be.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by am0s(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2014
Elantracey:
I went out with a couple of my friends for reach out today and I was prompted to ask the people I met the reason why they were Christians and amazingly I got the same response from them all -to go to heaven then I asked why but most of them couldn't give a straight answer while the once that gave said to meet God and Jesus.

On my way back I began to wonder what really is Christianity , biblically what's its aim and purpose ? is it just to die one day and go to heaven or its something more than that.

Now am prompted to ask peradventure Jesus came down from heaven today and says there's no heaven or hell that this life is all there is, what will be your reaction and will you still remain a Christian ?
buh jesus just came down from heaven in ur question
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Elantracey:

That will nullify the holy bible and that is not possible.
Jh 14:2 in my father's house there are many mansions
Jh 14:3 I will go and prepare a place for you...that where I am you may be there

Is 55:11...none of His words shall go unfulfilled.

But just for the fun of it, we assume it's remotely possible for Jesus to say christians will not be joining Him in heaven, I will still worship Him in all honesty. Worshipping Him has been beneficial as it is, I'll gladly continue.

1 Like

Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 28, 2014
hifaif: I will say to him, 'Hey, Mister, don't I already know that? Please, go to hell'
You need Jesus bro
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Liveair: He doesn't need to appear. We already know it doesnt. Except all Religions have their own versions of it.
unfortunately for you, he exists. Accept him and all would go well with you. God bless you
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 28, 2014
candy:

Jh 14:3 I will go and prepare a place for you...that where I am you may be there

But just for the fun of it, we assume it's remotely possible for Jesus to say christians will not be joining Him in heaven, I will still worship Him in all honesty. Worshipping Him has been beneficial as it is, I'll gladly continue.
Word
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
candy:

I sure know its not possible cheesy
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Fxwarrior: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
FrancisTony: What of, after being righteous on this earth, and when you die as a muslim, they tell you it's christianity that is real. Will you go to hell fire?

I am confused. cry

If at your age you are still confused of your eternal destination you should enter your closet and cry to out to God for salvation.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by manofhonour(m): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Elantracey:

Reading this question and even more so, some of the responses people are giving, was quite a painful experience.
Hosea 4:6. I won't quote it cos I want people to open their bibles and hopefully be captured by the words they find therein.
Also see my signature. smiley The answer we all seek is in the Bible. It has been handed to us.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
Fxwarrior:

If at your age you are still confused of your eternal destination you should enter your closet and cry to out to God for salvation.

Is that all you could do?, Why not ignore it?

At your age, you couldn't decipher my question. cry And who's talking about my eternal destination, BTW?.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by BodyKiss(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
Elantracey:

Before I headed the gate out of religion, I always tell my friends that I don't really care any bit about heaven, that I will focus on doing and being good to others. If at the end of the day, God doesn't find that good enough, then so be it.
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
rationalmind:

The earlier you stop believing in that farce of heaven and hell, the better.

Remember the easiest way to control people is to give them something to fear.

That should explain how heaven and hell came to be.
who is controlling who?
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by alentyno: 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Fxwarrior:

The dude is suffering from 'overthinking' ie creating problems that weren't there in the first place.....
Re: What If Jesus Comes Today And Says There's No Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
alentyno:
who is controlling who?

Proponents of the heaven and hell sham and those who believe in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iran: Pastor Sentenced To Death For Refusing To Accept Islam! / Conspiracy & Church Hijack By Pastor Kay Adesina & Olu Oyewumi - Christ Embassy / If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.