Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months (1910 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Nigerian Caught With N1bn In Niger Republic Trying To Run From President Buhari / Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 28, 2014
28 Sep 2014

By Anayo Okolie

Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano, yesterday said his government in six months raised the Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state from N500 million to N1 billion.

Obiano, who spoke in Lagos at Anambra State First Security Fund Raising Dinner, said even though his government has done well in the last six months but the government is working tirelessly to ensure that the state derives up to N50 million every month so the state can use its federal allocation for important federal projects.

According to him, “the importance of this event can be seen from the fact that humanity is threatened by insecurity all across the world. There is the ISIS challenge in the Middle East and the threat of Boko Haram in Nigeria and neighbouring West African countries.

He said: “In cities, towns and communities across Nigeria, the threat of violent crimes and kidnapping has caused a lot of sleepless nights among our people. Happily, in the last six months of my administration in Anambra State, Anambra people have slept with their two eyes closed.

“We are gathered here tonight to secure the new atmosphere of freedom in Anambra State and to ensure that our people sleep even better at night. We are gathered here to secure the Dream of a New Anambra State.”

To further underscore the importance of security to my administration, he disclosed was the reason he convened a Security Summit in Awka on April 10 and invited a world famous Israeli security expert, Moshe Keinan, to lead discussions at the summit.

“Our people have suffered from general insecurity and criminals for a long time. Long before kidnapping became a big business in Anambra State, we have had lived in an endless period of fear of armed robbers and brigands of all kinds,” Obiano added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obiano-we-raised-anambra-igr-from-n500m-to-n1bn-in-six-months/190100/
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by omenka(m): 6:18am On Sep 28, 2014
We've been there before. All na initial gragra.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by sademola: 6:29am On Sep 28, 2014
Na today? Let's see what you will do with it!
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by otokx(m): 6:30am On Sep 28, 2014
Looks like we are in the season of lies.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Amanwulu1(m): 6:35am On Sep 28, 2014
in case
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by ojimbo(m): 6:40am On Sep 28, 2014
mr governor, leave media hype and go and plan you major cities well, those narrow roads(death traps) are affecting us badly

5 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Amanwulu1(m): 6:44am On Sep 28, 2014
dat's my govnor. God bless Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Gboliwe: 6:57am On Sep 28, 2014
Now, that's a "wow"!

I just hope the modus is people friendly. Then again, adults should learn to pay their tax.

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 28, 2014
Obiano pls use Arab Contractors to dualize our roads.

Most Nnewi Roads need dualization, Atani Road that is how of the biggest Industries in the State need to be expanded into 3 or 4 lanes.

Obiano bann Okada or influence Keke to face it out, ban indiscriminate pasting of posters and billboards, remove all commercial signposts and elevate our cities aesthetism.

Thank God for blessing Umu Omabala with a technocrat like you, crime now is a history in my state, continuity is the watachword and development the goals.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by ojimbo(m): 7:04am On Sep 28, 2014
op, am posting from a hospital bed. i was hit by a commercial bicycle why trying to drive my own bicycle. Do u think this would have happened if am in other cities like ph, lagos, abuja, kano, owerri and so on which have a good town planning and good means of transportation? Anambra economy is good but the living standard there is compared to hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 28, 2014
otokx: Looks like we are in the season of lies.
How do you know it's lie?
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2014
...and what has it brought to the people of the state undecided
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by DONGOYARO1: 7:16am On Sep 28, 2014
I can wager my last penny that 90% of anambra indigenes that would comment on this thread actually reside outside anambra.

Anambra is the best yet you lot are running out of anambra in your thousand. Even the anambra states security trust fund inauguration was done in Lagos state outside anambra.

Smh

6 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by DONGOYARO1: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: ...and what has it brought to the people of the state undecided
Nothing

They are all still running out of anambra. Even the governor made that speech at an event that was meant for the state but was organised and held in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2014
[size=18pt]i think your pure and undiluted phool.

In Kano you will bombed to shreds nobody will visit you in hospital but your body will returned in nylon bag.
In Port Harcourt the cultists will either shoot before snatching your bicycle or shoot you for not having enough in your wallet.
In Lagos the Danfos will definitely slam you into 3rd mainland bridge or atworst LATSMA will arrest you and collect 40k whic is better,

chose your poison or better relocate to Kano.
u didnt mention calabar, uyo, enugu and asaba na Kanonistan you dey mention....i smell APCshit here[/size]

ojimbo: op, am posting from a hospital bed. i was hit by a commercial bicycle why trying to drive my own bicycle. Do u think this would have happened if am in other cities like ph, lagos, abuja, kano, owerri and so on which have a good town planning and good means of transportation? Anambra economy is good but the living standard there is compared to hell

8 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Collynzo22: 7:22am On Sep 28, 2014
Why was the event held in Lagos?

7 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Smh...
Our politicians just sabi quote figures...nobody sees/feels the effect of the increase.
Letz even assume that d IGR increased,I'm sure greater part of it was embezzled.I don't blame d politicans,the pple I blame are the ones who go abt dancing at rallies...#SellingTheirBirthright
DONGOYARO1: Nothing

They are all still running out of anambra. Even the governor made that speech at an event that was meant for the state but was orgnaised and held in Lagos
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by gratieao: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2014
ojimbo: op, am posting from a hospital bed. i was hit by a commercial bicycle why trying to drive my own bicycle. Do u think this would have happened if am in other cities like ph, lagos, abuja, kano, owerri and so on which have a good town planning and good means of transportation? Anambra economy is good but the living standard there is compared to hell
There is nothing like Okada ban again in Lagos, i don't no about other state. Pls stop telling people lies
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2014
[size=14pt]The first was held in Awka, this Lagos own is strategic because many Ndi Anambra that reside in Lagos are being lobbied to come back home to invest, you take your plea to the investors through one seminar, workshop or get together so that investors will gather then you chip in your ideas, the next might be held in Abuja...the one abroad have been concluded.

the governor need his people back home, he knows how to tickkle their fancy and put thier money where thier hearts are, so vermose, go hunt for your 72virgins pls, Allah is running out of Virgins oooooo
[/size]

My brother served in North, he told me educating an ab0ki is one next difficult thing after rocket science.

DONGOYARO1: I can wager my last penny that 90% of anambra indigenes that would comment on this thread actually reside outside anambra.
Anambra is the best yet you lot are running out of anambra in your thousand. Even the anambra states security trust fund inauguration was done in Lagos state outside anambra.
Smh
DONGOYARO1: Nothing

They are all still running out of anambra. Even the governor made that speech at an event that was meant for the state but was orgnaised and held in Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 28, 2014
omenka: We've been there before. All na initial gragra.
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE E.RECTION ANYTIME THEY MENTION ANAMBRA OR ANY PDP CONTROLLED STATE FROG EYED MAN RULED LAGOS FOR A COMPLETE EIGHT YEARS WITHOUT ANYTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. I THINK YOU ARE JUST AN IMBE.CILE.

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by DONGOYARO1: 7:42am On Sep 28, 2014
OkijaAmaka: ...
Schnook
You are a product of WAEC miracle center.
Read the article again; Anambra state FIRST security fund raising dinner.

It was the maiden edition and it was held in Lagos outside anambra. what does that suggest? - anambra is 'suffering' from capital flight and brain drain. 90% of your mediocre technocrats and industralists are outside anambra

As we write now, there are more than a thousand of your anambra brothers and sisters who are at various motor parks attempting to board the next bus that would take them out of anambra.

Fvcking pillock !

10 Likes

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by fkaz(m): 8:04am On Sep 28, 2014
Collynzo22: Why was the event held in Lagos?

Hahahaha still on the mater, it shows the state is not safe yet.

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 28, 2014
LAGOS IS STILL FGs ENCLAVE
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by ojimbo(m): 8:13am On Sep 28, 2014
gratieao:
There is nothing like Okada ban again in Lagos, i don't no about other state. Pls stop telling people lies
and have you boarded okada from oshodi to lekki? And morover the service lane in lagos is wider than the federal and state roads in anambra, i live in anambra and was born there. Quote me wrong and i will upload some pics here
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by ojimbo(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2014
OkijaAmaka: [size=18pt]i think your pure and undiluted phool.

In Kano you will bombed to shreds nobody will visit you in hospital but your body will returned in nylon bag.
In Port Harcourt the cultists will either shoot before snatching your bicycle or shoot you for not having enough in your wallet.
In Lagos the Danfos will definitely slam you into 3rd mainland bridge or atworst LATSMA will arrest you and collect 40k whic is better,

chose your poison or better relocate to Kano.
u didnt mention calabar, uyo, enugu and asaba na Kanonistan you dey mention....i smell APCshit here[/size]

lets then go and compare the accident occurance rate, and post any picture of traffic light in anambra if there is any. Then i will give up the arguement
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by oneeast3: 8:22am On Sep 28, 2014
This is Anambra road, show us the Lagos road that is wider!

ojimbo: and have you boarded okada from oshodi to lekki? And morover the service lane in lagos is wider than the federal and state roads in anambra, i live in anambra and was born there. Quote me wrong and i will upload some pics here

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2014
EKWUEME!!!
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by oneeast3: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2014
What is your point? The first fund raising was held under my nose here in Awka while the second one was held in Abuja and now Lagos. These are 3 strategic cities for catchment of Anambrans.

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Collynzo22: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2014
oneeast3: What is your point? The first fund raising was held under my nose here in Awka while the second one was held in Abuja and now Lagos. These are 3 strategic cities for catchment of Anambrans.

what about this?
Obiano, who spoke in Lagos at Anambra State First Security Fund Raising Dinner
Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by oneeast3: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2014
It was called first Anambra fund raising in Lagos because this is the first time he is holding such in Lagos. As a I said earlier the first one was held in Awka when the Israeli security expert came to Anambra the occasion was also used to raise funds from wealthy Anambrans, then the next one was held in Abuja purely for fund raising where they raked in a 100m. Now this..

Collynzo22:
what about this?

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 28, 2014
What I still dont understand is whether the N1 billion is per month

1 Like

Re: Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months by omenka(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2014
@ all: what has been done to this thread is akin to bombing a big birthday cake with a nuclear bomb!! cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pres. Jonathan Pleads With Govt. And People Of Yobe On Killing Of Students / Why Are Nlders Avoiding My Political Posts? - Cramjones / Obasanjo’s Government Was The Most Corrupt In The History Of Nigeria.---

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.