Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting (47338 Views)

Hands-on review of the latest TECNO F6 from 3CHUB. / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
salmaz:

Is this cwm backup file the updated version T13 firmware

No it is the T12 i uploaded earlier.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
olayoungz:

PLEASE can you give me a detailed explanation on flashing Cwm on my f6. All the boot image and recovery on this thread don't match each other. Please help

Download cwm. https://www.dropbox.com/s/13qift4cixms81g/cwm.zip?dl=0

Then Download rashr flash tool https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Drashr&pcampaignid=APPU_N_BxVLGSIs_aaqKYgsgC

extract recovery.img on the root of your internal memory then open rashr flash tools and click on recovery, then from storage, then choose recovery.img then click ok.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
towncheerup:

No it is the T12 i uploaded earlier.
Expecting the version T13 firmware update cwm backup when you get back home.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
towncheerup:

Download cwm. https://www.dropbox.com/s/13qift4cixms81g/cwm.zip?dl=0

Then Download rashr flash tool https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Drashr&pcampaignid=APPU_N_BxVLGSIs_aaqKYgsgC

extract recovery.img on the root of your internal memory then open rashr flash tools and click on recovery, then from storage, then choose recovery.img then click ok.

Thanks, but my phone is a bricked one. I can't use Rashr on it
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by plenty2011: 6:20am On Jan 25, 2015
Hello guys am new to all this geeky stuffs but it's interesting reading what you guys have research and am really glad I came here. Please I need help rooting my techno f6 I need to install one app and it requires me rooting please help. Thanks
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2015
plenty2011:
Hello guys am new to all this geeky stuffs but it's interesting reading what you guys have research and am really glad I came here. Please I need help rooting my techno f6 I need to install one app and it requires me rooting please help. Thanks
1. Download Kingroot
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0s52o2ce9017nyn/KingRoot%28Android%293.4.1.155-As-3.3.1_105001.zip?dl=0
2. Extract the apk file and Install the app on the phone
3. Ensure you have an internet connection on the phone then launch the app
4. Wait for all checks to be complete
5. Click the center button (with Root and some Chinese texts inscribed on it) to begin rooting
6. Wait for rooting to complete
7. You should see a green tick to confirm that rooting was successful
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Someone should please help me with Tecno F6 scatter file.... Please help
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Carlcaresophia: 7:38am On Jan 28, 2015
olayoungz:
Someone should please help me with Tecno F6 scatter file.... Please help
Hi! Could you pls give us a detailed description of your phone problem, or show us some pictures, so that we can provide you with correct solution. Thank you!
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Hi! Could you pls give us a detailed description of your phone problem, or show us some pictures, so that we can provide you with correct solution. Thank you!

Actually, my phone got bricked after I tried to update the T13 update. Since then, whenever I try to power on my phone, it stops at the Experience Smart Life Logo and stayed there for sometime then boot into stock recovery itself. That's my main problem
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Carlcaresophia: 6:53am On Jan 29, 2015
olayoungz:

Actually, my phone got bricked after I tried to update the T13 update. Since then, whenever I try to power on my phone, it stops at the Experience Smart Life Logo and stayed there for sometime then boot into stock recovery itself. That's my main problem
Hi! You can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will help you solve the problem. And if you need us to send you the contact information of our service center, pls tell us the city and state you're living in now. Thank you!
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by kippo: 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
olayoungz:

was your phone rooted before you tried the update? Or have you in un installed any app that came with the phone?
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by kippo: 6:03am On Jan 30, 2015
Anyone updated the T14 update yet?
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by philexzy(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
kippo:
was your phone rooted before you tried the update? Or have you in un installed any app that came with the phone?

Hy! Am new to this site cus i jst registered. Am having exactly dsame problem dat olayoungz had wit his tecno f6 the day b4 yesterday till date. My phone was rooted b4 i tried installing the update like u asked. U guys should pls and pls help me out... Am 4rm Gusau, Zamfara State. Thanks!
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by salmaz(m): 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
towncheerup:

No new things only unnoticeable bug fixes. I cant upload im in a place where 3G is unavailable at the moment but i will upload once im back home in a few days.
Pls I'm still expecting the cwm backup upload of firmware update T13 as you promised when you return home. Meanwhile I noticed there is firmware update T14..... I'll appreciate if you can upload the cwm backup. Thanks
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by sanni7: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2015
Hello ma TECHNO users, my name is SANNI MUTAIRU, a technician @ carlcare service centre opebi Lagos. For complains on any of infinix, tecno and Itel either screen problem, touchpad not responding/broken,not booting, not powering ear piece and mouth piece problem etc... My available numbers are 07062430754.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by sanni7: 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hello ma TECHNO users, my name is SANNI MUTAIRU, a technician @ carlcare service centre opebi Lagos. For complains on any of infinix, tecno and Itel either screen problem, touchpad not responding/broken,not booting,ear piece and mouth piece problem etc... My available numbers are 07062430754.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by sunisky: 10:55am On Feb 16, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]has anyone update his f6 to latest version, version T14.is there any effect of the latest version on phone, please help me out
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by dertornam: 3:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hi friends! I have my tecno F6 bricked during system update. I have a dead android robot lying with a red triangle and written underneath; No Command. The phone can not boot anymore. for six days now.
Please I need help. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by jaymie: 7:01am On Feb 24, 2015
any one with f6 stock rom please help
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by draxler15(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
Yes updated to T14 weeks ago the phone works better now doesn't drain like before but they didn't put the option of moving apps to SD... What app can I use to move apps to SD safely with the obb files?
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by lafayette(m): 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
please someone should help me with tecno f6 mtk droid tools backup rom... i updated my f6, nw its showin no command during startup
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by Hawlahscho(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
edufreshy:
bro I have already downloaded this but the question is how to flash it......moreover mates let's start thinking of custom ROM...let's make this device popular.... Add me to the group +2347067520203

Pls can u give me link to where I can download it?
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
lafayette:
please someone should help me with tecno f6 mtk droid tools backup rom... i updated my f6, nw its showin no command during startup

Here https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u2qpvqoeeeqjhu/%21Files_to_FlashTool.zip?dl=0
I will upload the T14 cwm backup tomorrow.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by lafayette(m): 7:27am On Mar 10, 2015
thanks mate...thanks alot
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by dertornam: 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hi buddy! how will I flash my f6 with the zip file you have uploaded? thanks!
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 3:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
dertornam:
Hi buddy! how will I flash my f6 with the zip file you have uploaded? thanks!

:DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARD BRICKED PHONES.

What you need;

Mtk65Xx preloader drivers(do not use pdanet drivers, your phone will get detected by pc but not with sp flash tool)
http:///7037456/https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuVIMnalFkV3EzWjVXdUE

Usb deview for 32bit pc https://forum..com/attachment.php?aid=410

For 64bit pc https://forum..com/attachment.php?aid=411

Sp flashtool. http://www.mediafire.com/?5f5h3owa7s7y6g2

The rom: which i uploaded earlier https://www.dropbox.com/s/4u2qpvqoeeeqjhu/%21Files_to_FlashTool.zip?dl=0

1. Install USBDeview and use it to uninstall all Vcom, Mediatek and Preloader drivers

2. Extract the contents of the Mediatek USB VCOM file above

3. connect your phone while off, pc will detect it and you will see mt65xx preloader click on it and new hardware wizard will start, click on advanced(Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) , next click on browse then oben the folder which you extracted earlier
>mediatek usb vcom drivers>drivers>uab vcom drivers then choose 2k_xp com if you are using Windows xp and vista if you are using vista or windows 7 if you are using Windows 7.
Click next and Finnish installing.

4.extract the contents of the stock rom zip you downloaded earlier.

1. Remove the battery from the phone and slot it back in without booting the phone

2. Launch SP Flash Tool.

3. Click on Scatter-loading by the right

4. In the window that pops up, select the folder of the stock backup you downloaded earlier and find scatter file for your phone then click open (scatter file is a text file with the word "scatter" in its name )

5. A list should appear (preloader, mbr, ebr etc)

6. Tick the box beside Preloader and all other boxes except data and cache)

7. After selecting all the files you wish to flash, click 'Download' (with an arrow above it)

8. Stop should now be red in color, connect the switched off phone to the PC via USB 12. A progress bar should run till you get a 'Success message' (green circle)

9. Disconnect the phone, remove the battery for 15 seconds, slot it back in then boot the phone into recovery mode then wipe user data,
power up the phone.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by lafayette(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2015
my window 7 has refused to allow me install d mtk drivers manualy.. even as i went to system properties, device manager. NO WAY.. im suspecting switchin to windows xp it myt enable me to install my f6 drivers manually.. bro pls wat do u think
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 8:57am On Mar 16, 2015
lafayette:
my window 7 has refused to allow me install d mtk drivers manualy.. even as i went to system properties, device manager. NO WAY.. im suspecting switchin to windows xp it myt enable me to install my f6 drivers manually.. bro pls wat do u think

Yeah i used xp to flash my friends f6 so this guide is from my xp experience. So I think you should use xp also.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by lafayette(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
thanks mate.....i'll use windows xp n give u feed back latr
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by towncheerup(m): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2015
lafayette:
thanks mate.....i'll use windows xp n give u feed back latr

Ok, if you get any error just tell me.
Re: Tecno F6 Discussion Thread/Rooting by dertornam: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hi buddy!
After flashing my f6, the dead android robot doesn't show anymore but the phone continues to restart at the TECNO logo.
Any help please?!?!?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) / List Of Nokia Lumia Smartphones With Prices And Specifications In Nigeria (PICS) / ##let Honsule Help U Get Your Cert & Key/h@ck Your Phone Pro Bono.ยงยง

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.