Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria (23552 Views)

How To Take Sharp Photos With Your Smart Phone. / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
colly227:

If you think a smartphone can't fetch you good money please think again.
I didn't say don't buy smart phone, I said buy the one that won't make people ask you; "who died?" when the REAL owners collect it grin

6 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Preciousone4ril: so everyone who's got 50k shld turn into a taxi driver?
There are entrepreneurs looking for N50k to bring an empire to reality and you're carrying it in your pocket... waiting for keke N50 grin
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by akpanikpe(m): 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: people who do these are pathetic, insecure and have the "i must belong" lifestyle, imagine a guy using a Samsung s4 in my dept and always asking for #20 tfare,who is fooling who?
U for tell am to sale the fone do transport or deposits am wit conductor
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by lawrenceunaa: 8:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yomieluv: Ladies are most guilty,aside chatting,and showing off,they know nothing else about the phone.

They change phone like skin,and trying to outdo each other in kind of phone they flaunt.

exactly
Torah na s5 tomorrow na iphone6

just to make calls, chats and play media
every other thing can go to hell
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
lawrenceunaa: exactly
Torah na s5 tomorrow na iphone6

just to make calls, chats and play media
every other thing can go to hell
so true,even my fiancee is guilty of this too,she's bugging me to buy her infinix zero now,she's using a bold 5,and a LG android..

I had to scold her seriously,why multiple remote control for same function.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
An acquaintance recently got a nice 5.0 display android phone and was “feeling” the phone on his street one evening. The next thing he saw were bright stars and “plenty plenty” shadows running away. When his sight was restored, his phone was gone.

This totally cracked me up! grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
After all, it is their own money, you can only get it once, why the jealousy because they are competing, I have been using big phones since the day I was in single room, till the day I am 2 bedroom apartment of my own, stop the hatred, still able to run my biz, don't even like small phone, for nairaland and other reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
its simple... what d op is trying to say is "cut your coat according to ur size" ...u can buy as many as u like but mk sure dat u can still sustain yourself whilst doing so...not when u r struggling for T. fare,handouts/textbooks cash n food,u will go n buy d new iPhone 6 just cos ur O.B.O of a friend bought it...

3 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by PAnaceA7(m): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Smartphones have grade.... Once you know d only thing you need from a phone is just call,chat, browse a little then fine you go for a low end smartphone. But for other germane things reading pdf, typing your doc and so on you just have to save to buy it..... It's just a pity dat most pple who have dis high end fones are grossly under-utilizing it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by oluwanoni: 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nigerians feeding the smartphone Market since 1960...some people fit blow their savings on top phone. lipsrsealed
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by UnknownT: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Rocking my bold 2
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
parrotibaba: its simple... what d op is trying to say is "cut your coat according to ur size" ...u can buy as many as u like but mk sure dat u can still sustain yourself whilst doing so...not when u r struggling for T. fare,handouts/textbooks cash n food,u will go n buy d new iPhone 6 just cos ur O.B.O of a friend bought it...
gbam! gbamer! gbamest!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by roufy235(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
hmm
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by ymdo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
nenergy: Oya, add yours and mbok click share grin
What is the meaning of "mbok"?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Whatever rocks your boat.
Some people can pay too much money for shoes, handbags, ashaawos, hairs, drinks, clothes or cars. I wonder whats the big deal in owning a phone.
In life do whatsoever that makes you happy. it's not as if one is buying the costly phones every week.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
In church today here in asaba.. A girl came to church with z10..She happens to be in my front, every 5mins she brings the phone out holding it up so that those at the back will see she has a z10,and she will be on instagram page watching pictures, she did it up to 11th time I had to embarrass her.. I jejely seek the attention of the preacher and told her what she has been doing since and she kept distracting the church congregation... At first d preacher wanted to pardon her because she fine, trust niggas nah, dey all yelled at her and the pastor, she was forced to leave the church by the welcoming team...

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
nenergy:
My broda, if yu get N50k fone and still dey enter keke N50 EFCC supos arrest you.. grin
N50k is 1/5 of the cost of a good fairly used car for kakukabu! #IncomeGeneration
at a point in time i was using a phone of 80k while using public transport( wait at junction for some minutes to get a keke), mark you, i bought that phone out of budget. my nokia X7 suddenly stopped working and couldn't be repaired by even nokia care lagos.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Bergs(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
life na packaging........... #dontdiebecauseuarepoor

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by uncleck: 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Some who use expensive smart phones are simply sick. I bought my tokumbo win7 hp laptop with 2gg ram, 360gg hdd, web cam, wireless, intel duo core etc @40k. I use it in d public without attracting attention. I make cool cash with it as a student especially along with my F300 printer. i live like a big boy and always have data in my modem. What can you do with the smart phone that my lapi cannot do?

......stil rocking my E71
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
Abeg How Much Ah Fit Get Brand New Tecno R7 4 9ja?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by abdulaz: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
These smartphones tend to be smarter than most naija youths of today.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by darlingnuel(m): 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: people who do these are pathetic, insecure and have the "i must belong" lifestyle, imagine a guy using a Samsung s4 in my dept and always asking for #20 tfare,who is fooling who?
He may av purchased it second hand. Not everyone using a supposed expensive device bought it brand new. Some could actually be a gift item, stolen item or even purchased at very low price from someone I'm dire need of money...
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by xtratagem(m): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
The op should not center his points on mobile phone alone. what about laptop? I don't see anything wrong in buying what you need or can afford.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by lomaxx: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mellin: In church today here in asaba.. A girl came to church with z10..She happens to be in my front, every 5mins she brings the phone out holding it up so that those at the back will see she has a z10,and she will be on instagram page watching pictures, she did it up to 11th time I had to embarrass her.. I jejely seek the attention of the preacher and told her what she has been doing since and she kept distracting the church congregation... At first d preacher wanted to pardon her because she fine, trust niggas nah, dey all yelled at her and the pastor, she was forced to leave the church by the welcoming team...

Errmmmm....what are we supposed to learn from this irrelevant epistle?

7 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by iscom(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nonsense, give me my iPhone make i dey enjoy am. Nah me make you poor?

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bergs: life na packaging........... #dontdiebecauseuarepoor
i know bro.. but the consequences are worse off.. nobody will want to believe a guy with an s5,1ok shoes,5k wristwatch, looking all flashy is broke,i personally won't help such person if he comes ask me 4 help,most people won't either

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
nenergy:
My broda, if yu get N50k fone and still dey enter keke N50 EFCC supos arrest you.. grin
N50k is 1/5 of the cost of a good fairly used car for kakukabu! #IncomeGeneration
lame reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: no,its not dat ,all we are saying is live according to ur pocket.. y will u be using a phone of 60k and u can't subscribe common 2k? looking for cheat up and down? y will u be using 60k phone and be borrowing money everytime? isn't that a fake life? if u can afford it go for it ,but if u can't buy according to ur worth... shikena
how ppl choose to leave their life shouldn't be your bussiness in d first place. So many guys behaving like women these days....smh

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by lomaxx: 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
My problem with some Nigerians is that they cannot live their lives(meagre as it may be) without drawing unnecessary inferences from the lives of other people. If a young man chooses to buy a #100k phone and beg for #20 bread, that is his business. If you bought a used Tecno phone and you're making all the money in the world with it - congratulations! But if Mr Johnson decides to buy the iPhone 6 plus and still uses a cab, that is his business.

I read on this thread from someone (whom I will later refer to a psychiatrist) that if you use a #50k phone, then you should have a car. If such fellow had a car, he won't be here spewing rubbish. Buy your 10 naira phone quietly and use it quietly.

5 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: no bro.. u getting everything mixed,its not poverty, its reality, especially cos a phone is a liability .. Imagine a guy dat don't have 20k in his account but uses Samsung s5,if d phone gets stolen or lost nko?where will he start from?
how is it your business?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. / What's Your Favorite Wallpaper (pictures) / Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.