Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria (23667 Views)

How To Take Sharp Photos With Your Smart Phone. / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 29, 2014
timilehing: What is the power of a smartphone?? What exactly can Samsung Galaxy S4 can do that Infinix zero can't do??

What is infinix zero?

I went to gsmarena as well as phonearena to compare them but no product like infinix zero. Bro try to slot in a 64G memory card into that phone and see if it won't crash lol.

If someone wants to buy you a phone and ask you to choose either of them which will you go for?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by YourCrush: 7:47am On Sep 29, 2014
Preciousone4ril: So cos some1 enters a bus,he shouldn't use a hi tech phone?? How much is a car n how much is a phone? Wats d correlate?
If u dont ve a car and u r using a hi-tech phone (iphone 6 for instance), u suld atleast b taking a drop (private cab) and nt buses or keke.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 29, 2014
loswhite: you want ppl to respect your opinion but u cannot respect what ppl choose to buy with thier own money
I'm just giving them advice, at the end of the day,they'll make the final decision
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2014
y'all should understand we are not saying you shud not buy what u crave for, all we are saying is u should be prudent in spending, u can't be living a champagne life on an alomo budget.. do whatever makes u happy,as y'all said,life is too short,but always remember there are consequences

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2014
lomaxx:

Errmmmm....what are we supposed to learn from this irrelevant epistle?
u r supposed to learn how to mind ur kpangolo okro head business....
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 29, 2014
parrotibaba: its simple... what d op is trying to say is "cut your coat according to ur size" ...u can buy as many as u like but mk sure dat u can still sustain yourself whilst doing so...not when u r struggling for T. fare,handouts/textbooks cash n food,u will go n buy d new iPhone 6 just cos ur O.B.O of a friend bought it...

that was before, now "it is cut your cloth according to the quantity of MATERIAL you have"

Not size, that's why they are buying large phones(they are considering their SIZE) & not considering their MATERIAL(their finances)

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2014
cheesy cheesy Funny how folks think angry cheesy

I just got my Blackberry Passport.....Abeg Come and Pre-order if you don chop belleful jor grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by kolomax(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2014
justi4jesu: cheesy cheesy Funny how folks think angry cheesy

I just got my Blackberry Passport.....Abeg Come and Pre-order if you don chop belleful jor grin grin
how much
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2014
kolomax: how much

Just and only #150,000 e cheap pass iphone 6 atleast grin grin cheesy
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by timilehing(m): 9:02am On Sep 29, 2014
colly227:

What is infinix zero?

I went to gsmarena as well as phonearena to compare them but no product like infinix zero. Bro try to slot in a 64G memory card into that phone and see if it won't crash lol.

If someone wants to buy you a phone and ask you to choose either of them which will you go for?
even that your most admired iPhone doesn't use external storage and the internal is 32gb highest except for the iPhone 6plus
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Romanciella(f): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2014
chidi2pus:

Sweetest comment I ever read today

These disgruntled peasants ranting about others people life as if theirs is better.

The 100k I use in buying an s5 is someone's money for booze in a club.
The 15k the OP uses in buying a techno phone is sometimes house rent for 5 months.
My entire life savings is someone's tip in church.
Go for what makes you happy cause life too short to be bitching and complaining of other people's ways.

P. S this dude ranting about the ills of a 50k phone, if I give you 50k, it's not like you can build an empire with it.
Bunch of ballerinas undecided
1000 likes...... u know the problem with most of the peeps who commented above me is poverty....

I for instance got a blackberry q10 as a birthday gift from my bro.... I also got an iPhone 6 as a gift from my fiancée... although he's not here in Nigeria yet....

my point is most of this gadjets is not a huge deal here in the north.... u see a lot of teenage guys driving exotic cars while using a very small Nokia..... ..

everybody shiuld just STFU nd mind there bizness

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2014
timilehing: even that your most admired iPhone doesn't use external storage and the internal is 32gb highest except for the iPhone 6plus

Sorry Bro I'm never a fan of iPhone, I use galaxy s5 and I believe you know what that means.

FYI that dude wanted to know what an S4 can do that Infinix zero can't and I mentioned just one by telling him to slot in a 64G memory card.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by timilehing(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Impulse80: what's the difference between a lecturer and a student? Abi if you see s4 and infinix zero both at the same price which would you chose? Bottom line is if you can afford it buy it. Quality before quantity
Ogbeni, just tell me what that s4 can do that infinix zero can't!!
Your comparison of lecturer and student shows you're just a kid trying to express an illustration with limited experience. I wonder what iPhone will be then, undecided
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by kolomax(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2014
justi4jesu:

Just and only #150,000 e cheap pass iphone 6 atleast grin grin cheesy
:ocarry my Ghana must go and tear race
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by timilehing(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2014
colly227:

Sorry Bro I'm never a fan of iPhone, I use galaxy s5 and I believe you know what that means.

FYI that dude wanted to know what an S4 can do that Infinix zero can't and I mentioned just one by telling him to slot in a 64G memory card.
What is the essence of the 64gb card?? to store po.rn or u be movie producer?? Relate my comments to the topic bro, you're way out of the line
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Amadaz(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2014
Danhumprey: It's just sickening the way people scramble for expensive smartphones. I mean,what do you make of someone who can barely eat two-square meals,not to talk three-square meals each day,flaunting an expensive phone? Seriously,of who benefit will that be to him? Will the prestige he get from owning that phone,clear his hunger? I don't gerrit!
you're right
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2014
timilehing: What is the essence of the 64gb card?? to store po.rn or u be movie producer?? Relate my comments to the topic bro, you're way out of the line

Asking the essence of 64gb memory goes back to what I said earlier that you don't know the power of a smartphone.

Bro when you see what you like but can't afford just admire it and it will come your way one day but if you become jealous and tongue lash it then it will never come your way.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by baba11(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2014
What a nice post!
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2014
kolomax: :ocarry my Ghana must go and tear race

smiley smiley
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2014
The op thinks he is an economist by cutting his expenses on phone lol have you cut your expenses on women?

Bottom line is spend on what makes you happy. It's your life and your money. If you don't teach me how to make money don't teach me how to spend it.

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Mckandre(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2014
mrvocalprowess: i can understand ladies, a guy will always be there for them,it's a guy that probably even bought it for her...but i don't understand y a guy should do such
judge not the power of punnykat
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by scarr: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2014
mrvocalprowess: hahahahahahaha... hilarious piece!! what i do is i carry my small nokia c1 about ,the first impression they get when they see me with an almost dead c1 is -o! broke nigga! so it takes away attention and risks..i only bring out my smartphone in public wen i wanna show off or got important messages to reply
Godwin is it ur tecno or innjoo ure referring to as smartphone dat u showoff....would u still be able to showoff ur "smartphone" when everyone around u is rocking z30, s4, s5, iPhone 6 grin
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by valmunich(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2014
Romanciella: 1000 likes...... u know the problem with most of the peeps who commented above me is poverty....

I for instance got a blackberry q10 as a birthday gift from my bro.... I also got an iPhone 6 as a gift from my fiancée... although he's not here in Nigeria yet....

my point is most of this gadjets is not a huge deal here in the north.... u see a lot of teenage guys driving exotic cars while using a very small Nokia..... ..

everybody shiuld just STFU nd mind there bizness

Wow.. You're really loved oo, dash me one nau? cry
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by bengoodcreature: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2014
my brethren pls if u have enough money wt u , y not help d needy around u, smart phone is good but let us begin to live acording to our income. Jesus Is Lord
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by dajavula(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2014
Skykid1208:
Pls ask them for me
LMAO the guy needs medical checkup...
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2014
scarr: Godwin is it ur tecno or innjoo ure referring to as smartphone dat u showoff....would u still be able to showoff ur "smartphone" when everyone around u is rocking z30, s4, s5, iPhone 6 grin
of course, y not? na dem buy am for me? i rock my phone anywhere i wanna..iphone6 or z30 dont intimidate me
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by 100Cents: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2014
Preciousone4ril: So cos some1 enters a bus,he shouldn't use a hi tech phone?? How much is a car n how much is a phone? Wats d correlate?

People with fake lives abound everywhere. If you carry a N50k phone and you are still jumping buses and keke napep. Which one will you use when you start driving an airconditioned Toyota sienna and you own a house ?

Total misplaced priorities. People are so reckless with finances that's why I have stopped pitying some stu.pid people when they complain about money..
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by 100Cents: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2014
mrvocalprowess: i can understand ladies, a guy will always be there for them,it's a guy that probably even bought it for her...but i don't understand y a guy should do such

The highest phone I bought for a lady is Nokia torch. Hope I am not among ?

But any lady who gets a N30k phone from me must be Mrs. 100cents..

Everyone to his own..
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by 100Cents: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2014
colly227:

If you think a smartphone can't fetch you good money please think again.

Kindly lecture us on the good money your costly phone has earned you and how, and you still dey board public transport..

You know that its so easy to justify every deed once we believe in it. Even devil can justify himself..
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by scarr: 11:23am On Sep 29, 2014
mrvocalprowess: of course, y not? na dem buy am for me? i rock my phone anywhere i wanna..iphone6 or z30 dont intimidate me
if so den carry on..whatever rocks ur boat
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by calddon(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2014
D wallaybility of my area is very high, homies use only Nokia torch.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by 100Cents: 11:34am On Sep 29, 2014
loswhite: how is it your business?

It is not anybody's business but when the owner of that phone starts begging for transport money or begging to buy bread, it becomes a collosal disgrace to his family and generation..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help: A Thin Black Line Suddenly Appeared On My Iphone XR Screen / SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. / Check Out The Best 11 Smartphones That Were Released In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.