Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria (23549 Views)

How To Take Sharp Photos With Your Smart Phone. / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by sauceEEP(m): 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
This thread is hilarious.....
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by chidi2pus(m): 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
lomaxx: My problem with some Nigerians is that they cannot live their lives(meagre as it may be) without drawing unnecessary inferences from the lives of other people. If a young man chooses to buy a #100k phone and beg for #20 bread, that is his business. If you bought a used Tecno phone and you're making all the money in the world with it - congratulations! But if Mr Johnson decides to buy the iPhone 6 plus and still uses a cab, that is his business.

I read on this thread from someone (whom I will later refer to a psychiatrist) that if you use a #50k phone, then you should have a car. If such fellow had a car, he won't be here spewing rubbish. Buy your 10 naira phone quietly and use it quietly.

Sweetest comment I ever read today

These disgruntled peasants ranting about others people life as if theirs is better.

The 100k I use in buying an s5 is someone's money for booze in a club.
The 15k the OP uses in buying a techno phone is sometimes house rent for 5 months.
My entire life savings is someone's tip in church.
Go for what makes you happy cause life too short to be bitching and complaining of other people's ways.

P. S this dude ranting about the ills of a 50k phone, if I give you 50k, it's not like you can build an empire with it.
Bunch of ballerinas undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by prowlG: 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
What pains me the most is that none of these phones is made here in Nigeria.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: i know bro.. but the consequences are worse off.. nobody will want to believe a guy with an s5,1ok shoes,5k wristwatch, looking all flashy is broke,i personally won't help such person if he comes ask me 4 help,most people won't either
ppl like u, js look 4 reasons not to help in d first place.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by idu1(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: i know bro.. but the consequences are worse off.. nobody will want to believe a guy with an s5,1ok shoes,5k wristwatch, looking all flashy is broke,i personally won't help such person if he comes ask me 4 help,most people won't either
there is no consequence in it. I cnt buy inferior tinz because am scare to go broke tomorrow 10k shoe s far more better than 2k shoes. For ur information millionaires can go broke nd start luking for help. I ve 15k wrist watch nd am broke presidently but am expecting moni tomorrow by God grace.

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by creamylicious(f): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Plus data maintenance aint easy especially if you are a heavy browser. Nuh be clear eyes I use comot from Samsung s2 to data plan using blackberry
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by chinkichun: 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
colly227:

If you think a smartphone can't fetch you good money please think again.

Yahoo boy no laptop grin grin
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
loswhite: how ppl choose to leave their life shouldn't be your bussiness in d first place. So many guys behaving like women these days....smh
dude,it's my opinion ok, don't go about replying my posts,or did i strike a cord? are u one of dem?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
idu1: there is no consequence in it. I cnt buy inferior tinz because am scare to go broke tomorrow 10k shoe s far more better than 2k shoes. For ur information millionaires can go broke nd start luking for help. I ve 15k wrist watch nd am broke presidently but am expecting moni tomorrow by God grace.
good 4 u
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
bros, 5k watch is still cheap naw haba.. I really hate fake watches, i'd rather not wear a watch sef.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by donbenie(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
In as much as I agree with the op,we have to remember the human aspect to the issue,some of us can spend our last kobo on the best shoes, some on the latest fashionable clothes and watches,illogical I know,but whatever rocks your boat,there are some millionaires rocking a Nokia x1,they can't be bothered,phones are not their thing,on the other hand,there are those among us who will spend their last card on a good smartphone,it's not about reason,the need overcomes the reason,they know it is not proper,but who can quantify human needs,the satisfaction he derives from such cannot be placed on a scale and weighed by another,because you're not him/her,i guarantee you there's something out there you will spend on just like them..and by the way,saying you shouldn't buy a good phone just because you might get it stolen or broken is pretty lame reason not to own one.

3 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by anthony86(m): 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
At least If I cant but a private Jet
or buy a yacht,or build house in Lekki at least i can afford to buy a phone that Dangote uses.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Godwin10(m): 10:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
To be frank the op idea is different. I will buy a smartphone that does every function I want it to perform no matter the cost, atleast to me that's the only phone I will probably be using for a long period of time rather than changing it often. Buy a better phone when you have the money to avoid problems a low end smartphone will give you. The higher the price, the better the value. And about the N20 entering of cab, it can also to happen to someone using a nokia torchlight, so stop hating. PS: I posted this with a borrowed smartphone. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
what of guys that have many girl friends? What the diff? Becuz 6babes x 5000 every month meh! it worst pass iphone6 oh.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
chinkichun:

Yahoo boy no laptop grin grin

grin
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by r33d(m): 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
lomaxx: My problem with some Nigerians is that they cannot live their lives(meagre as it may be) without drawing unnecessary inferences from the lives of other people. If a young man chooses to buy a #100k phone and beg for #20 bread, that is his business. If you bought a used Tecno phone and you're making all the money in the world with it - congratulations! But if Mr Johnson decides to buy the iPhone 6 plus and still uses a cab, that is his business.
I read on this thread from someone (whom I will later refer to a psychiatrist) that if you use a #50k phone, then you should have a car. If such fellow had a car, he won't be here spewing rubbish. Buy your 10 naira phone quietly and use it quietly.

Very rational and straight to the point.
By the way, there is no hard and fast rule in the subject of human beings. We're all different.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Segzy23: 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
1. Your Salary: The first thing to consider when buying a smart phone is your income. If you have only one source of income and your salary isn’t six figures, then please remove your eyes from the top shelves and look at middles shelves, thank you. You shouldn’t save up to buy a smart phone. Look at it objectively, if your salary is N20,000 for example, how much and how long can you save to buy the infinix zero (N20,900) or Innjoo i1s (N14,000). There are better things to save up for than a device that can be damaged at first charge, first touch or first hello. If you can’t buy a smart phone out rightly, then it’s out of your range. In such an situation, it’s time to look at the bottom of the shelf for phones like the MTN Sm@rt phones (N8,000 or N10,000) or you buy a fairly used device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no harm in sacrificing a whole month's salary on what your like. If your monthly salary is 25k, and you have been prudent and have been saving up, there is no harm in blowing one month's salary on a phone. If you buy a brand new phone, from a genuine source, it is nonsense to say it can be damaged at first charge, first touch blah blah. In any case, they are often covered by manufacturer's warranty. Life is short, not everyone can afford a 18 carat diamond, even though they may wish to have one. But if they can afford a smart phone, who are you to tell them not go for. Although, I kind of understand where you are coming from, but we are all different. If I like something, and one month's salary can cover it, I aint gonna hold back. No way
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by ladycomfort(f): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
This thread is really entertaining . All I will say is that do whatever makes you happy
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 1:22am On Sep 29, 2014
ymdo: What is the meaning of "mbok"?
Please in ibibio smiley
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 1:28am On Sep 29, 2014
chidi2pus:

Sweetest comment I ever read today

These disgruntled peasants ranting about others people life as if theirs is better.

The 100k I use in buying an s5 is someone's money for booze in a club.
The 15k the OP uses in buying a techno phone is sometimes house rent for 5 months.
My entire life savings is someone's tip in church.
Go for what makes you happy cause life too short to be bitching and complaining of other people's ways.

P. S this dude ranting about the ills of a 50k phone, if I give you 50k, it's not like you can build an empire with it.
Bunch of ballerinas undecided
disgruntled peasants? harsh words! you need learn 2 argue without emotions. we are talking economics here, so why the bile?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 1:32am On Sep 29, 2014
born2fuck: After all, it is their own money, you can only get it once, why the jealousy because they are competing, I have been using big phones since the day I was in single room, till the day I am 2 bedroom apartment of my own, stop the hatred, still able to run my biz, don't even like small phone, for nairaland and other reasons.
hatred? keep calm,we are talking about economics.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 1:39am On Sep 29, 2014

why are you so bitter? or are you that acquaintance who saw bright stars and "plenty plenty" shadows? grin We're talking economics pls,i didnt call any names or make any inference.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 3:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Good write up and advice OP. But what's the big deal here?

If someone wants an expensive phone and they can afford it, why the serious advise like it was a marriage contract people were about to enter ie " for better or worse deal"

Some people are allergic to cheap product. Op you really need to understand that. Even if some are poor, that will not stop them from getting what they wanted.

As for entering Buses while having an expensive phones, has it occur to you that some do not want the stress caused by driving to cities where they work. Jumping buses does not mean someone is poor or rich.

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Yippeedaniel(m): 4:11am On Sep 29, 2014
I pity them

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Lawcurrent(m): 4:23am On Sep 29, 2014
wink
Thank you @ my Official poster. But is it not simple that you can save more money by buying any techno andriod and you can activate all the features in iphone6, even more than that. I can give my p5 Instructions and it will obey.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 29, 2014
PAnaceA7: It's just a pity dat most pple who have dis high end fones are grossly under-utilizing it.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by timilehing(m): 5:07am On Sep 29, 2014
colly227: Stop deceiving yourselves. If you have a need for phone please buy it as long as it will satisfy your need for it. Who wrote this don't know the power of a smartphone.
What is the power of a smartphone?? What exactly can Samsung Galaxy S4 can do that Infinix zero can't do??
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Gorrbachev: 5:08am On Sep 29, 2014
nenergy:

2. Your Lifestyle: I consider it economic recklessness to carry a smart of N50,000 in your pocket while struggling for a bus of N50 at iyana Ipaja, Lagos or buying an iPhone 6 and charging it with an “I pass my neighbour” electric generating set? If your smart phone doesn’t correlate with you lifestyle, people might be force to ask you; “who died?” when it is stolen, misplaced or damaged beyond repair.

Source: The Job Seekers’ Creed™

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 6:41am On Sep 29, 2014
mrvocalprowess: dude,it's my opinion ok, don't go about replying my posts,or did i strike a cord? are u one of dem?
you want ppl to respect your opinion but u cannot respect what ppl choose to buy with thier own money

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by marcjoe(m): 6:57am On Sep 29, 2014
GET UR CHEAP MTN DATA PLAN HERE FOR AS LOW AS 250MB@#350, 500MB@#600 E.T.C...

WE ARE GENUINE...CHECK OUR THREAD FOR TESTIMONIES....
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Impulse80(m): 7:25am On Sep 29, 2014
timilehing: What is the power of a smartphone?? What exactly can Samsung Galaxy S4 can do that Infinix zero can't do??
what's the difference between a lecturer and a student? Abi if you see s4 and infinix zero both at the same price which would you chose? Bottom line is if you can afford it buy it. Quality before quantity

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Android 7.0 Nougat Out: What You Should Know.(pics) / What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. / Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.