Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,725 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:08 AM

Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria (23661 Views)

How To Take Sharp Photos With Your Smart Phone. / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2014
100Cents:

Kindly lecture us on the good money your costly phone has earned you and how, and you still dey board public transport..

You know that its so easy to justify every deed once we believe in it. Even devil can justify himself..

Bro you don't know how to make money yet you are teaching people how to spend the money they worked for.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2014
There is a bit of honesty in this piece

I've always loved big phones but I've learnt to buy em cheap unlike buying it when it came out

like BB torch for 91k then. Now its around 20 k or so
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2014
And why are people here giving people who bought expensive phones with their hard earned moneygrief?

I know people who drink beer with their money. Some on wh0res

some spend theirs on online football gambling

Some even spend it on worthless girlfriends

let every man spend his money as he wishes

so far u did not borrow money to buy your phone I have no issues with you

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by 100Cents: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
colly227:

Bro you don't know how to make money yet you are teaching people how to spend the money they worked for.

You said, " Smartphones earn money ". Kindly elaborate.

Leave long English..
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
100Cents:

It is not anybody's business but when the owner of that phone starts begging for transport money or begging to buy bread, it becomes a collosal disgrace to his family and generation..
you have a right to either accept to help or decline. When u become paranoid and refuse to help because he owns a smart phone,which in your opinion, u feel he is not worth it, then u r envious of your friend or just bitter

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Romanciella: 1000 likes...... u know the problem with most of the peeps who commented above me is poverty....

I for instance got a blackberry q10 as a birthday gift from my bro.... I also got an iPhone 6 as a gift from my fiancée... although he's not here in Nigeria yet....

my point is most of this gadjets is not a huge deal here in the north.... u see a lot of teenage guys driving exotic cars while using a very small Nokia..... ..

everybody shiuld just STFU nd mind there bizness

romanciella darling, your writing skills is out of this world!:-P
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Maximus85(m): 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
As Nokia no gree produce 3310 now nko? We know see bird for market again.

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Elvisonjack2(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Romanciella: 1000 likes...... u know the problem with most of the peeps who commented above me is poverty....

I for instance got a blackberry q10 as a birthday gift from my bro.... I also got an iPhone 6 as a gift from my fiancée... although he's not here in Nigeria yet....

my point is most of this gadjets is not a huge deal here in the north.... u see a lot of teenage guys driving exotic cars while using a very small Nokia..... ..

hmmm!!! soundin harsh! been long bae..wer ve u been?

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Becalm(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
Some comments here are amazing. If everybody was to mind his or her business there will hardly be any discussion on this forum "why do ladies do this, why do guys do that or why Russia has invaded Ukraine etc". These are topics for discussions, you contribute, learn from it or ignore completely if you don't like the topic. Calling the posters names or claiming he doesn't mind his business is a waste of space.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
so many peeps on this thread r getting everything twisted... if u hv d capacity to buy an iPhone 6 or a Samsung galaxy s5,den go ahead n buy it, after all its ur money...but what op is trying to demystify is this; don't buy a smartphone dat will eclipse ur bank account only to start begging for food,cash or clothes, dats idiotic! there is no point buying a phone of N120k n in ur account u hv only N130k n u say to urself " its my money, I don't care what ppl say or think"...

...and I saw some comments here trying to defend d spending of such amount of cash on a phone cos it brings quality blah blah blah... ur iPhone 6 could be stolen dat day u bought it or worst still fall n d screen cracks...how does it relate to d cash u spent on it? whereas someone with a low cost smartphone could also suffer d same fate as u hv...some. comments here r also of d opinion dat if u use a 100k phone u should hv a Cadillac to go by it,dats a lie too,cos u can decide to use d public transport system, n I think dats why it's public………so bottom line is dis,go for what u want but mk sure u hv enough arsenal in ur bank account to see u through d wars of life...in as much as we as humans hv insatiable wants,we r being limited to a few cos of factors like our spending power...
so In summary,spend according to ur pocket in other to avoid a tsunami of chaos in ur life...#peace

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by rotgaktims(m): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
i jst pray dis dnt hapun to sum of uz...lolz

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by daxon001(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Chuksemi: Well., I use an Iphone 6 and a blackberry passport. I am very rich so., this is nothing to me.. cool
anoda show of fake lifestyle undecided
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Chinom(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
4. Your Residential area: Is your residential area safe or is the ‘waylayability’ very high? Carrying a high budget phone in an area prone to mugging isn’t economic. An acquaintance recently got a nice 5.0 display android phone and was “feeling” the phone on his street one evening. The next thing he saw were bright stars and “plenty plenty” shadows running away. When his sight was restored, his phone was gone. That reminds me; please keep your phones out of sight when commuting in commercial buses especially if you’re sitting by the window.

That' funny. Got me laughing. Nice write up. Lagos life for you.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by niceguy20: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Use a phone u can afford to buy and maintain. Throughout my stay in school, I used a Nokia C5 phone and was satisfied with it. Though I couldn't snap pictures and record events the way I would have loved to with it, yet I knew I would get a better phone later. After my NYSC, I bought Tecno M7 which am still using now. The advantages of a smart phone are absolutely amazing but then, look for one you can buy and maintain with relative ease. I hope this helps!
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by JurassicPark: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
4 words..

"Is it your Money?"

2 Likes

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by dasphinx1(m): 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2014

The reason y i love the north.....u see young dudes with exotic rides and lil phones....for instance, my homeboy that drives a Ford Mustang and uses a Tecno L3....no be by phone o!!!!! Omo mehn, ya'll got to get yo paper right!!!!!

We ball hard o'er here!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by SailorXY: 1:17am On Sep 30, 2014
Becalm: [size=14pt]Some comments here are amazing. If everybody was to mind his or her business there will hardly be any discussion on this forum [/size]"why do ladies do this, why do guys do that or why Russia has invaded Ukraine etc". These are topics for discussions, you contribute, learn from it or ignore completely if you don't like the topic. Calling the posters names or claiming he doesn't mind his business is a waste of space.
i tire oo undecided
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Romanciella(f): 5:15am On Sep 30, 2014
preciousjoz1: romanciella darling, your writing skills is out of thus world!:-P
alryt........
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Romanciella(f): 5:16am On Sep 30, 2014
Elvisonjack2:

hmmm!!! soundin harsh! been long bae..wer ve u been?
around
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2014
Becalm: Some comments here are amazing. If everybody was to mind his or her business there will hardly be any discussion on this forum "why do ladies do this, why do guys do that or why Russia has invaded Ukraine etc". These are topics for discussions, you contribute, learn from it or ignore completely if you don't like the topic. Calling the posters names or claiming he doesn't mind his business is a waste of space.
Hmmn..May your days be long and fruitful. I can't seriously understand some of these comments. I wrote something hilarious and educating, but some sadists pick only ONE point and run CRAZY with it. grin

I won't want to know these kind of persons in real life. sad
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by donbenie(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2014
nenergy:
why are you so bitter? or are you that acquaintance who saw bright stars and "plenty plenty" shadows? grin We're talking economics pls,i didnt call any names or make any inference.
Seems you label anybody with a contrary opinion to your own as bitter or bu.t hurt..so they shouldn't have their own say on the matter abi?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 6:02am On Sep 30, 2014
parrotibaba: so many peeps on this thread r getting everything twisted... if u hv d capacity to buy an iPhone 6 or a Samsung galaxy s5,den go ahead n buy it, after all its ur money...but what op is trying to demystify is this; don't buy a smartphone dat will eclipse ur bank account only to start begging for food,cash or clothes, dats idiotic! there is no point buying a phone of N120k n in ur account u hv only N130k n u say to urself " its my money, I don't care what ppl say or think"...

...and I saw some comments here trying to defend d spending of such amount of cash on a phone cos it brings quality blah blah blah... ur iPhone 6 could be stolen dat day u bought it or worst still fall n d screen cracks...how does it relate to d cash u spent on it? whereas someone with a low cost smartphone could also suffer d same fate as u hv...some. comments here r also of d opinion dat if u use a 100k phone u should hv a Cadillac to go by it,dats a lie too,cos u can decide to use d public transport system, n I think dats why it's public………so bottom line is dis,go for what u want but mk sure u hv enough arsenal in ur bank account to see u through d wars of life...in as much as we as humans hv insatiable wants,we r being limited to a few cos of factors like our spending power...
so In summary,spend according to ur pocket in other to avoid a tsunami of chaos in ur life...#peace
Nice comment. You disagree with one of my points, but went about it with intelligence...I agree with you. Thank you!
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by nenergy(m): 6:08am On Sep 30, 2014
dasphinx1:

The reason y i love the north.....u see young dudes with exotic rides and lil phones....for instance, my homeboy that drives a Ford Mustang and uses a Tecno L3....no be by phone o!!!!! Omo mehn, ya'll got to get yo paper right!!!!!

We ball hard o'er here!!!!!
Northerners sabi phone before? Gionee is the biggest brand there grin

Cars, yes!
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by dasphinx1(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2014
nenergy:

Cars, yes!

SMH....

1 Like

Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by tender777(f): 7:08am On Sep 30, 2014
nenergy:
Tell me want a Tecno P5 can't do aside heavy gaming or being rooted? In a fews years rooting will be history.

i kept hearing about rooting and i hardly understood it. lol..
I do have a tablet which I think should be rooted to make it work fast. will it help?
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Elvisonjack2(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2014
Romanciella: around
smiley ok dear
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 30, 2014
tender777:

I do have a tablet which I think should be rooted to make it work fast. will it help?

You have google at your disposal
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Herrmes: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nonsense, I buy a phone cause I want to and I'm not just the one to chat with my phone, or surf, make I hear say I no save up buy HTC One M9
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
tender777:

Rooting can help, but you need to know what u're doing.
After rooting, get a Titanium backup pro and get rid of all bloatwares.
Some of them run and consume ur ram which makes ur gadget to lag.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
If you can afford the best, get the best.
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by Romanciella(f): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
nenergy:

Cars, yes!
u know ntn bout northerners..... they re car freaks but that doesnt mean they dont use cool cell phones .... iphone 5
Re: Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria by tender777(f): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Base on their newest model, which dyou suggest to buy HTC or Samsung?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Movie Apps For Android Device / Help: A Thin Black Line Suddenly Appeared On My Iphone XR Screen / Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.