Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Age And Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age And Marriage (1313 Views)

I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me / Age And Marriage Matters!!!!.. / At This Age And Still A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age And Marriage by covenantchild33(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
A male friend of mine shared his experience with me of meeting a lady he was ready to marry as a wife only if the lady just agrees and say "YES"! But the problem is that the lady woundnt agree and her excuse was that she's older than the guy. Age wise,though she said she loved the guy but cux of the age difference, she can't go on with him!
So guys do you see it as ideal settling with a lady older than you are? An for the ladies,can you marry a guy that's younger than you,age wise?
Your contributions may just help someone out of that dillema u know cool! Ur views pls
Re: Age And Marriage by iceberylin(m): 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Áge ŃÁ ŃÚMßĔŔ

ßÚŤ ĨŤŚ ŃŐŤ Á ĞŐŐĎ idea cool
Re: Age And Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
iceberylin: ÁĞÁ ŃÁ ŃÚMßĔŔ

ßÚŤ ĨŤŚ ŃŐŤ Á ĞŐŐĎ idea cool
Yea.... Same way prison is a room and marijuana is grass.

@OP. I can't.
Re: Age And Marriage by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ Poster,u failed to indicate the age range difference btwn them.Anyways,a guy could marry a lady older than he is, as long as they both truly love themselves,but it becomes an issue of concern when the age difference is glaringly obvious,cos it may be discouraging respect from the lady sometimes,but if the age gap is'nt that noticeable & they are really down with each other,just go ahead & tie the knot.
Re: Age And Marriage by Crocz(m): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
cheesy
Re: Age And Marriage by djeezy(m): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Age is just an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Re: Age And Marriage by covenantchild33(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
enkay4love: @ Poster,u failed to indicate the age range difference btwn them.Anyways,a guy could marry a lady older than he is, as long as they both truly love themselves,but it becomes an issue of concern when the age difference is glaringly obvious,cos it may be discouraging respect from the lady sometimes,but if the age gap is'nt that noticeable & they are really down with each other,just go ahead & tie the knot.
3 yrs diff!
Re: Age And Marriage by eph12(m): 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nigeria and Africa as a whole not yet ready for this shiit.. Society will laugh at you to your face
Re: Age And Marriage by onstelly(f): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
i wont oh but i guess opinion differs
Re: Age And Marriage by MizMyColi(f): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I still dey view this thread in 14D cheesy
Re: Age And Marriage by Tymax(m): 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Age is a BIG issue. It is a number, agreed. But it is the same number that will rear it's ugly head when disagreement springs up.

In Naija, a husband must provide most of the leadership in the home. Also, we ascribe respect or at least some measure of deference to our elders. In this light, you will agree that there is a conflict. Should the man defer to his wife because he is younger or should she submit in all things and respect him even though she is older?

I suspect that even if she decides to marry the young man, she might seek to hide the age factor from her folks. I also believe that the husband certainly would not want to suffer innuendoes (stemming from the age difference) from his wife's friends.

An egoistic African man or woman should avoid such unions.

cool

1 Like

Re: Age And Marriage by xymmie01: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Let's b realistic..... Guys its not good 4 a guy 2 marry some1 who is older dan him..... I may sound old-school but,its d truth..1stly no matter how humble she may look 2day ,she may change especially wen she has given birth to children for u and probably she earns more dan u do and u know as guy u wun't allow a bitch to rule ur home na.... U know our ego, and dis will always cause problem in d house....!!!!
Re: Age And Marriage by ShirelleBaby: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
God created adam before eve-if he wanted it the oda way he would have created eve first--hehehehe-

1 Like

Re: Age And Marriage by Yemlizzy(f): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
I guess the age factor is of immense importance when it comes to marriage.

1 Like

Re: Age And Marriage by Yemlizzy(f): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
I guess the age factor is of immense importance when it comes to marriage. Not everyone wanna settle down with a partner whose age difference doesn't suit them.

1 Like

Re: Age And Marriage by anomie(f): 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
coolHelloo everyone,am actually new on nairaland coolmy own opinion abt marryn a guy younger dan u is somow.well u can all say love covers all but d fact stil remain dt d lady wll once in a yyle take over some thngs, esp wen it cmes to descion makn,she myte nt respct her husband somch like dt always thnkn she's older dan her.am nt sayin it can't work though buh ts somow sha.

1 Like

Re: Age And Marriage by tunde1200(m): 12:26am On Sep 29, 2014
you really said all what is on my mind ......

cool

Tymax: Age is a BIG issue. It is a number, agreed. But it is the same number that will rear it's ugly head when disagreement springs up.

In Naija, a husband must provide most of the leadership in the home. Also, we ascribe respect or at least some measure of deference to our elders. In this light, you will agree that there is a conflict. Should the man defer to his wife because he is younger or should she submit in all things and respect him even though she is older?

I suspect that even if she decides to marry the young man, she might seek to hide the age factor from her folks. I also believe that the husband certainly would not want to suffer innuendoes (stemming from the age difference) from his wife's friends.

An egoistic African man or woman should avoid such unions.

cool
Re: Age And Marriage by covenantchild33(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
onstelly: i wont oh but i guess opinion differs
Hmmmm! Ar u sure u won't? Wat if the guy is in mch money,yet younger than you, will u still turn him down?
Re: Age And Marriage by Kunleskey(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
There's nothing wrong abt the age..since they love each other,..but as 4 me i cnt marry the woman that is older than me ...
Re: Age And Marriage by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
sauer:

Okay you just joined Nairaland and that's fine. But for goodness' sake typing on Nairaland is not like texting your boyfriend to wish him "hapi nu month". What kind of garbage did you type up there? Did you go to school at all? Do you know how to string together a few legible words? Are you just a kid who is not over the acquisition of her new phone just yet? Get your acts together, my friend and stop typing like a clueless nincompoop.

And one last thing: stop that sh.itty pouting too! Damn! angry
@sauer But why, wetin this lady do you?
Re: Age And Marriage by anomie(f): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
sauer:

Okay you just joined Nairaland and that's fine. But for goodness' sake typing on Nairaland is not like texting your boyfriend to wish him "hapi nu month". What kind of garbage did you type up there? Did you go to school at all? Do you know how to string together a few legible words? Are you just a kid who is not over the acquisition of her new phone just yet? Get your acts together, my friend and stop typing like a clueless nincompoop.

And one last thing: stop that sh.itty pouting too! Damn! angry
what is ur problem?we actually don't knw each other frm anywhere.if u thnk ur brain is too dull for to catch up wf my words den u should ignore .Am I d cause of ur fraustration?defintly not.you actually thnk you really knwhow to pick out peoples fault.Rubbish!!I wnt call u names cause am mre matured dan ur brain.erm....and one last thng for u ehn my pouting is none of ur f*****g buznss.
Re: Age And Marriage by onstelly(f): 1:20am On Sep 30, 2014
covenantchild33:
Hmmmm! Ar u sure u won't? Wat if the guy is in mch money,yet younger than you, will u still turn him down?
Everything isn't about money
Re: Age And Marriage by amakufrancis(m): 1:35am On Sep 30, 2014
enkay4love: @ Poster,u failed to indicate the age range difference btwn them.Anyways,a guy could marry a lady older than he is, as long as they both truly love themselves,but it becomes an issue of concern when the age difference is glaringly obvious,cos it may be discouraging respect from the lady sometimes,but if the age gap is'nt that noticeable & they are really down with each other,just go ahead & tie the knot.
you nailed it.
Re: Age And Marriage by covenantchild33(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
onstelly:
Everything isn't about money
Yea! I agree with u.

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You’re TOTALLY Wasting Your Time On That Guy / What Do You Do When Your Parents Are Madtly In Love With Your Ex Girlfriend?? / cardiff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.