Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

== A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) (20744 Views)

A Thief In The Church - Part 1 18+ Story / The Man In The Church And Other Stories / Anyigba Thief - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ThaRuthlxx7: 4:15am On Oct 13, 2014
PRESENT SIR!!! For give my late coming.. Something is fishy in the story.. E b like i don wach d movie of this story. Hmmm undecided
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by MrNiceGuy5: 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
Am following it bumper to bumper - Nice write up
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ebukav(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
I have watched dis movie jst can't remember d name
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by folake25(f): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
its getting serious.

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ThaRuthlxx7: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
ebukav:
I have watched dis movie jst can't remember d name

the name is First Sunday... Ice cube act the film
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
we will get the concluding part tomorrow. Thanks for always being there for me.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
STORY SO FAR......

Three Hours Before the Discovery...........

" na wa o!, person don tire for this kind life sef. " the security Man sat with hand akimbo on the small stool in the small room which was located at the gate that serves as his office.
Just then one of his colleague walked into the office and found him in that position.

" na wetin be your own this kind time? " he said looking at his wristwatch that had stopped working even Before Abraham Lincoln was elected president of America.
The former did not reply the question, but continued in his personal meditation.

" na 8pm be this. Instead of you to dey patrol round the CHURCH premises to check for any fast movement, you dey here dey keep hand like who im papa just die. " the latter added, taking a wild guess at the time.

" sidon make i tell you something, e get wetin dey bother me since wey i don try to reason am out. " the first security man replied and pointed at the other stool for him to sit down.

" anything wey you wan talk, make you talk am fast, you no sey pastors and decons dem go soon come for their meeting, e no go good if them come see our two for here. " the other replied.

" i go try make am sharp sharp. " the first security replied. While the other went for the vacant stool and sat down turning his full attention to his colleague.

" you no say we don serve this CHURCH as security men for almost fifteen years now? " the first security started.

" na true be that, but how that one come take be your problem? " the later interrupted.

" you no go wait make i die before you bury me. " the first man replied, while other adjusted his seat and gave him a suspicious look.

" for all those yes wey we don work, tell na wetin you don achieve? "

" me!, no be last year wey i buy brand new motorcycle and i still hold that title as the first and only security man to get motorcycle cycle for this CHURCH. " the other replied beating his chest proudly and smiling all the way.

" you be Ewu!, na motorcycle wey your mates dey drive abi?, see Open your eyes. " the First man said in a harsh tone.
To demonstrate that his eyes were open, the other security man man used his hands to open his eyes wider.

" I don tell you sey you be big time mumu. 'M.U.M.U' " he spelt it out and continued. " wetin i mean be say you need to shine your eyes. " he added.

" i dey shine my eyes with ogogoro and monkey-tail every morning and evening " the other replied looking confused.
" shey!, na how i want take tell you sey this people dey cheat us. See that Deacon Emeka wey come this CHURCH which day don buy big Car dey enjoy with im family, but we wey don tey for this CHURCH no get anything, even to pay our pikin school fee na problem. " the first security said with a serious look on his face.

" ** whistled loudly ** na true you dey talk o. Even my wife been tell me the same thing, but i tell to keep quiet. " the other security replied and adjusted his seat even closer.

" you no see am sey your wife dey see road pass you?. " He replied.
" bia no take style insult me because i say make i follow you reason! " the other man replied angryly and was about to stand up when his colleague pleaded with him not to get angry that it was a mistake.

" wetin i mean be sey your wife.......... " he was interrupted by the sound of someone clearing his throat behind them.

TBC.......

1 Like

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by onismate: 12:36am On Oct 28, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
we will get the concluding part tomorrow. Thanks for always being there for me.
ok.. i am yet to get your reply on the mail i sent you.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2014
onismate:
i have done that.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
onismate:
thanks
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by SMALLPENIS(f): 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
thanks

nice update, still following, no let suspense kill me oooo! grin
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by KingzPen(m): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
Awesome Art Boss...

Keep The Flag Flying...

Learnt Something Unique About Your Writing...

Thumbs...
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

nice update, still following, no let suspense kill me oooo! grin
thanks sir. I will kill the suspense very soon just stay tune.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
KingzPen:
Awesome Art Boss...

Keep The Flag Flying...

Learnt Something Unique About Your Writing...

Thumbs...
Chai!! Why una dey like this for nairaland. Öga them dey call the boys öga soteh we no know who be öga again. Anyway i'm awe by your presence alone not to talk of your comments.

You are the boss.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
STORY SO FAR..........

The two security men were startled to their bones to see Deacon Emeka standing a meter from them. He had a wide grin on his face with the kind of posture that one uses when in between seriousness and unseriousness.
The two security men quickly went on their knees begging Deacon Emeka not to expose them, that it was the hand work of the devil, and that such a thought will never ever cross their mind again.

" Deacon Emeka abeg no vex, i bin dey my own jeje dey patrol when this man come begin dey talk all those talks to me. No be say i wan follow am do wetin im dey talk. " The second security man pleaded.
" na devil come dey stand near dey tell me all those plenti plenti things. No be sey that normal mind i take reason am. Na the handiwork of the devil. " the first one replied shaking like a leaf in the hamattan.
Meanwhile Deacon Emeka was just standing speechless, staring at them like someone that just arrived Paris and was lost in the splendor of the atmosphere.
The two kept on confessing their sins before the Deacon, but unknown to them, the Deacon did not hear a word of their previous discussion, and so was lost.
" Is like the two of you were planning something fishy? " Deacon Emeka found his voice at last and looked for a better seat to sit on. Not finding any seat, He sat on the table in their mini office.
" no o, we no wan go catch fish. We no be fishermen. " the second security man replied in a hurry.
It took Deacon Emeka all the energy in his disposal to suppress the laughter that was fighting its way to his lips.

" that's not what i meant " Deacon Emeka managed to say amist laughter.
" what i mean is that the two are suspects " He added.
" we no wan go prison o " they echoed in unison.
" then you people will have to tell me what you people are planning or you will go to prison. " Deacon Emeka replied. Even the first Security man that was thinking he had a stony heart was beginning to melt like butter under Deacon Emeka's threat..
They had no option other than to include Deacon Emeka in the plans that they were discussing.

" that's a very good idea " Deacon Emeka replied after they were done with their plans.
The two Security men exchanged a glance at each other with their mouths, eyes, nose open. The sweat that was coming out of their body had tripled. They were still to believe what they just heard.
" you mean say!!! " they echoed while the rest remained in their stomach.
They concluded the plan for 8pm which less than an hour from that time.part of the plans was stealing the key from the pastor's office.

When they got to the pastor's office, they discovered that the door was open. They went in and found out that the key to the safe was not there.
their curiosity led them to check the safe. They were shock to meet the Pastor packing money from the safe into a brief case.
Their arrival was a huge shock to the pastor, he pleaded with them not to tell the Church members which they agreed on the platform that all the money in the safe will be share equally among them.

THE END.........

MORAL LESSON....

We have to understand that even the most strongest of the Men of God is still prone to sin because of the Man-factor in Him. So we should stop looking at the Pastor or ministers as a yardstick. Rather we should look at the perfect example that is " JESUS CHRIST ". In hebrews 12:2 " it is written " looking unto JESUS the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. "
it take the grace of God and discipline not to compromise. So ask for that grace and run your race personally.
And for those of you that think that you can steak God's money and go free, you better give your life to christ before the consuming fire side of God will turn at you.

Have a wonderful day guys and i'm so sorry for the scanty updates, see you in " HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN "

Thanks.
Signed: ESIXLOVE

2 Likes

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
please leave your comments, suggestion and criticism is highly needed.
I want to know what you think of the story.
I love you guyz.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Cashio(m): 6:35am On Oct 29, 2014
nice work bro. quite a piece to learn from..abeg notify us wen ur nxt piece comes around....one luv
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by rapmike(m): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2014
Nice story, kinda rushed but that's understandable. The moral lesson is very important, because people behave like they come to church to worship pastor at times not God. Not justifying all what the pastors have done but we should always remember that they are humans and some of them face far stronger temptations than us.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:45am On Oct 29, 2014
Cashio:
nice work bro. quite a piece to learn from..abeg notify us wen ur nxt piece comes around....one luv
thanks, i'm so grateful for this. Here is the link to the other story. www.nairaland.com/1807690/how-mighty-fallen-must-read
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2014
rapmike:
Nice story, kinda rushed but that's understandable. The moral lesson is very important, because people behave like they come to church to worship pastor at times not God. Not justifying all what the pastors have done but we should always remember that they are humans and some of them face far stronger temptations than us.
rushing was expedient for this piece because of the nature of my Job. It is written " I will do i quick work and cut it short in righteousness. "
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by SMALLPENIS(f): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2014
gringringrin ESIXLOVE! funny,short but nice ending
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:37am On Oct 29, 2014
SMALLPENIS:
gringringrin ESIXLOVE! funny,short but nice ending
thank you very much for this. My head sef wan burst because of expansion.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by kingphilip(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2014
wow esix nice ending n Tnx for sharing
onto the continuation of d other
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:51am On Oct 29, 2014
kingphilip:
wow esix nice ending n Tnx for sharing
onto the continuation of d other
i'm so grateful for your presence my King.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by KingzPen(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Are u on whatzapp?
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
KingzPen:
Are u on whatzapp?
sure.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by KingzPen(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
sure.
Send me your number, gah one or two things to learn from you...
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
KingzPen:
Send me your number, gah one or two things to learn from you...
thanks boss.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by Dyoungstar: 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, it's a pleasure to welcome all of you to this fabulous occasion.
And I want to use this medium to warn against piracy of any kind, as it is punishable by the law of this great nation.
No one should reproduce this work, whether in part or whole in any medium Without the writer's prior knowledge.

The characters in this story have no resemblance with anybody living or dead, any resemblance with anybody living or dead, Is a MIRACLE.

Also the writer welcomes any form of criticism and antagonism that one can employ.

Thank you very much.

ESIXLOVE ( on behalf of Mr chairman ).

You mentioned my name therefore I must reproduce your work.

Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by devdan(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2014
twist suspense tailored writeup sporing a clinical vivid imagination from any reader.... add a title dat winks right at u,den u geta best seller.... lol A THIEF IN THE CHURCH...
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2014
devdan:
twist suspense tailored writeup sporing a clinical vivid imagination from any reader.... add a title dat winks right at u,den u geta best seller.... lol A THIEF IN THE CHURCH...
Great. I'm at awe.
Re: == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) by silverdam(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2015
Please ESIXLOVE, I need your permission to copy this story on my blog. Please I beg you, I will surely credit you as the writer and owner of the story. I will include your contacts as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / It Started With A Kiss. . . / Happy Married Life To TiffanyJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.