Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church (1061 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Why Pastors Must Not Live In Extravagance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church by 9jaflave: 12:31am On Sep 29, 2014
http://9jaflave..com/2014/09/9jaflave-soliloquy-why-our-pastors-must-address-indecent-dressing-church.html

I had a wonderful time at church yesterday and was blessed by the powerful message on the gains of obedience. While the service was rounding up, and my mind ruminating over the words I had heard, some distraction came along from those already leaving service, I watched as many people made their way to the exit. I had different emotions build up within me as I looked at some outfits some women wore to service. I was angry, I was sad and I just shook my head. Why do women debase women really?

Why are our pastors not taking out time to speak about indecent dressing to church in their sermons? Perhaps such messages will liberate some of these women and help them grow into maturity as Christians. I am a bit concerned when a young woman wears something so short to church and feels very comfortable in it. It is embarrassing when a fellow woman's boobs is literally pouring out and she is less concerned about it. Church ought not be just a place where you receive happy go words, but a place where your life is truly transformed and this begins to reflect in your words, actions, character and personality.

If only our pastors will just preach more messages on the true Christian life and how that life can reflect even in the way you dress and carry yourself, some of these women will have their consciences touched. Perhaps a few of them will realize that their indecent way of dressing debases womanhood and can cause a brother to sin. If our pastors can find ways to enforce decent dressing in their services, many more people will have their gaze fixed on God and will be less distracted. Most times they say, let them come as they are, but even when they come, they must not remain the same, something has to change especially in the way they dress.

As for me, I only hope one day, Church will be a place where there will be much more inspiration and not distractions from women who chose to showcase their bodies and flaunt what they have. Remember you will be addressed the way you are dressed. Let your conscience always be your judge every time you put on an outfit. Have a great week ahead.

http://9jaflave..com/2014/09/9jaflave-soliloquy-why-our-pastors-must-address-indecent-dressing-church.html

1 Like

Re: 9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 29, 2014
FTC
Re: 9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church by Psalmpy(m): 2:04am On Sep 29, 2014
I dont think its d onus of d pastors
No b today dem don dey talk am now
i pray those indecent girls make heaven at last
Re: 9jaflave Soliloquy - Why Our Pastors Must Address Indecent Dressing To Church by Enoquin(f): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2014
You really cannot blame the females. An organisation will only take in people who align with their vision and objective. If the church's objective is to get everyone to come to church irrespective of what they wear or do; you cannot then say only moderately dressed individuals should come.
Infact, in such churches, moderately dressed women get overlooked. Go to a church that aligns with your objective.

(1) (Reply)

Is It "OKAY" To Pray To God For A Life Partner? / Struggling With Addiction / Is It A Sin To Decide Not To Greet A Neighbour Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.