Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,988 members, 7,956,690 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:56 PM

5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask (32000 Views)

Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview / Intelligent Questions Every Interviewee Should Ask During Interviews / 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Sunnycliff(m): 5:41am On Oct 02, 2014
As an entrepreneur am off track with this!! #Teamselfemployed #
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by nwaobitex: 6:12am On Oct 02, 2014
ok
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by jeo4u(m): 7:10am On Oct 02, 2014
At op, please this is actually kind of strange to me that I can equally ask the interviewer. at what stage is the question necessary or will you be given a chance for that? Iam really a novice here.

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by dustydee: 7:15am On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru: The interview process (the oral phase) is usually dreaded by not a few job seekers. Most times, applicants are qualified for the position being sought for but the interviewer, upon meeting them, is unable to match the person on paper with the person in front of him/her.

Job seekers need to understand that as much as they are being interviewed, they can also do an interview for the interviewer! I know this may sound alien and impracticable especially considering the peculiarities of the Nigerian job industry, but it is not.

Here are 5 questions that you should make certain to ask before your interview is over.

1. What skills and experiences would make me an ideal candidate? This is a great open-ended question that will have the interviewer put his/her cards on the table and state exactly what the employer is looking for. If the interviewer mentions something you didn't cover yet, now is the time.

2. What have you enjoyed most about working here? This question allows the interviewer to connect with you on a more personal level, sharing his/her feelings. The answer will also give you unique insight into how satisfied (or otherwise) people are with their jobs, here. If the interviewer is pained to come up with an answer to your question, it is a big red flag.

3. Do you have any hesitations about my qualifications? I love this question because it is gutsy. Also, you'll show that you're confident in your skills and abilities.

4. Who previously held this position? This seemingly straightforward question will tell you whether that person was promoted or fired or if he/she quit or retired. That, in turn, will provide a clue to whether there's a chance for advancement, employees are unhappy, the place is in turmoil, or the employer has workers around your age.

5. What is the next step in the process? This is the essential last question and one you should definitely ask. It shows that you're interested in moving along in the process and it invites the interviewer to tell you how many people are in the running for the position. With luck, the answer will be "there's no next step, you're hired!"

Do you have an upcoming interview or you know a friend or acquaintance who does? Why don't you put these questions to work or share with the friend.

insidifyguru:

Thank you for your kind words Nielbaba.
Again, I (and others) have said it here, always give credit to the original author. What you have done by not crediting the original source is stealing.

10 Questions You Might Ask In a Job Interview

Here are 10 interview questions you could ask, and why:

1. What skills and experiences would make an ideal candidate? This is a great open-ended question that will have the interviewer put his or her cards on the table and state exactly what the employer is looking for. If the interviewer mentions something you didn’t cover yet, now is your chance.

2. What is the single largest problem facing your staff and would I be in a position to help you solve this problem? This question not only shows that you are immediately thinking about how you can help the team, it also encourages the interviewer to envision you working at the position.
3. What have you enjoyed most about working here? This question allows the interviewer to connect with you on a more personal level, sharing his or her feelings. The answer will also give you unique insight into how satisfied people are with their jobs there. If the interviewer is pained to come up with an answer to your question, it’s a big red flag.

4. What constitutes success at this position and this firm or nonprofit? This question shows your interest in being successful there, and the answer will show you both how to get ahead and whether it is a good fit for you.

5. Do you have any hesitations about my qualifications? I love this question because it’s gutsy. Also, you’ll show that you’re confident in your skills and abilities.

6. Do you offer continuing education and professional training? This is a great positioning question, showing that you are interested in expanding your knowledge and ultimately growing with the employer.

7. Can you tell me about the team I’ll be working with? Notice how the question is phrased; it assumes you will get the job. This question also tells you about the people you will interact with on a daily basis, so listen to the answer closely.

8. What can you tell me about your new products or plans for growth? This question should be customized for your particular needs. Do your homework on the employer’s site beforehand and mention a new product or service it’s launching to demonstrate your research and interest. The answer to the question will give you a good idea of where the employer is headed.

9. Who previously held this position? This seemingly straightforward question will tell you whether that person was promoted or fired or if he/she quit or retired. That, in turn, will provide a clue to whether: there’s a chance for advancement, employees are unhappy, the place is in turmoil or the employer has workers around your age.

10. What is the next step in the process? This is the essential last question and one you should definitely ask. It shows that you’re interested in moving along in the process and invites the interviewer to tell you how many people are in the running for the position.

Now it is not too late to acknowledge the source of the information you have copied and pasted here (that is if you have any integrity).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2014/06/18/10-job-interview-questions-you-should-ask/
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by ndaman25: 7:16am On Oct 02, 2014
Gracia's
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by saintandsinnerz: 7:32am On Oct 02, 2014
dustydee:

Again, I (and others) have said it here, always give credit to the original author. What you have done by not crediting the original source is stealing.

Now it is not too late to acknowledge the source of the information you have copied and pasted here (that is if you have any integrity).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2014/06/18/10-job-interview-questions-you-should-ask/

This is the problem with the country, people using other people's idea to achieve success without acknowledging the original source. Plagiarism has eaten deep into our system
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by olupentane(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2014
jeo4u: At op, please this is actually kind of strange to me that I can equally ask the interviewer. at what stage is the question necessary or will you be given a chance for that? Iam really a novice here.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Skimpledawg(m): 8:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Noted!!!
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2014
I will ask thus: so sir, will you take me for the job? Lol
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by olufummy02(f): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2014
Godditex: In an interview of 5 panel who would you mostly direct all these questions to?
the last interview i went for,i direct the question to all the interviewer and their response really makes me relax and thank God i got the job at last

2 Likes

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Infoay: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2014
Learning continues
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Skimpledawg(m): 8:46am On Oct 02, 2014
dustydee:

Thx for dz bro!! Buh ma own questn is 'at wat stage are yu expected to ask dz questions? Cos ah feel yu mite nt b given d chance to!! Thx o
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2014
olufummy02: the last interview i went for,i direct the question to all the interviewer and their response really makes me relax and thank God i got the job at last
Congrats bro! How best did you answer 'Tell us about yourself?' I am going for an important interview next week and I wanna grab the job at the end.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by daben1(m): 8:57am On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru:

Glad to be of help. You are much welcome.
what if you have phobia for interview or interviewers, it can lead to poor grammatical expressions you know
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by AriDsexy(f): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you so much. Glad you find the post useful. Let me know how it goes when you do. Happy Independence day. #Insidify
I did too......thank u.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by adedayourt(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2014
Then the interviewer becoms the interviewed...

Interviewer go come dey feel like "where the heck is this guy driving at"
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by DECOtech(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2014
Interviewing the interviewer
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by ezeonline2(m): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2014
Saw the post this morning,crammed all the qustions,went for the interview and asked all. The found me fasinating,one of interviewer called me after the interview me they will definately get back to me. Thanks n nice wright up.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by olufummy02(f): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Godditex: Congrats bro! How best did you answer 'Tell us about yourself?' I am going for an important interview next week and I wanna grab the job at the end.
thanks..you just need to be calm when it comes to interview stuff.. I answered with my name,qualification/course of study,and past experience (just make a brief)...

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Sweetlemon(f): 9:30am On Oct 02, 2014
One of the most useful Job threads on NL!

I learnt so much
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Egonec(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2014
Nice one op
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2014
AriDsexy:
I did too......thank u.

You are very welcome ma'am. Thank you for your kind words. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:18am On Oct 02, 2014
jeo4u: At op, please this is actually kind of strange to me that I can equally ask the interviewer. at what stage is the question necessary or will you be given a chance for that? Iam really a novice here.

Hello Joe,it may sound strange to you but it is very practicable. The point where these questions can and should come in can be in two distinct openings during the interview:

1. The point when the interviewer(s) actually ask if you have any questions for the interview panel and

2. The point where you sense that the interview is coming to a close. This is because some interviewer(s) might not ask you to ask your questions.

Ultimately, you will definitely come across as being intelligent to the interviewer(s). This is priceless and can be the clincher for you.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you need further clarifications. Thank you so much. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2014
dustydee:

Thank you so much for this.

Kindly follow this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1904750/5-job-interview-questions-should#26334134.

I hope that settles your question on whether I have 'any' integrity or not. Thanks again. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Egonec: Nice one op

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Sweetlemon: One of the most useful Job threads on NL!

I learnt so much

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you found the questions useful.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2014
ezeonline2: Saw the post this morning,crammed all the qustions,went for the interview and asked all. The found me fasinating,one of interviewer called me after the interview me they will definately get back to me. Thanks n nice wright up.

Wow! I'm glad you found this helpful and that you actually utilised it. Congratulations on getting the job in advance. smiley #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2014
daben1: what if you have phobia for interview or interviewers, it can lead to poor grammatical expressions you know

Thank you for your question. Having a phobia for interviews or interviewers is quite a common thing. Not a few people dread the interview process. What you need to do to help you overcome this or to effectively manage the phobia is to ensure that you've prepared for the interview as much as is humanly possible. This will also help in mitigating the issue of poor grammatical expressions.

Hope this helps. Do let me know if there are any further questions. Thanks again. #Insidify

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2014
olufummy02: the last interview i went for,i direct the question to all the interviewer and their response really makes me relax and thank God i got the job at last

Thanks for sharing this Olufunmi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How A Company In VI Treated Her New Chef Staff / Career Website Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / Calling For Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.