Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask (31917 Views)

Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview / Intelligent Questions Every Interviewee Should Ask During Interviews / 10 Hard Questions You May Be Asked At Your Next Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 10:40am On Oct 02, 2014
Skimpledawg:
Thx for dz bro!! Buh ma own questn is 'at wat stage are yu expected to ask dz questions? Cos ah feel yu mite nt b given d chance to!! Thx o

You will actually be given the chance to ask questions. Know that interviewers are always looking for a means to assess your level of intelligence and usefulness to the company. Asking them questions will show them this!

All the best. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by ijemishkisic(m): 11:05am On Oct 02, 2014
I love this and am using it tomorrow for an interview while hoping God's willing I grab d job, having been patient for long....... Hybrid thanks to u OP!

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by dustydee: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thank you so much for this.

Kindly follow this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1904750/5-job-interview-questions-should#26334134.

I hope that settles your question on whether I have 'any' integrity or not. Thanks again. #Insidify
So add the link to this thread. Also someone "thanked" you for the writeup and you failed to inform him/her that it is not your original work given that it had no source.
Anyway, add the source to this this thread so others will know it is not your intellectual work. Thank you.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by BICE(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2014
Fine, but Not in an interview where you have about 5 interviewers.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by olufummy02(f): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru:

Thanks for sharing this Olufunmi.
you're welcome
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru: The interview process (the oral phase) is usually dreaded by not a few job seekers. Most times, applicants are qualified for the position being sought for but the interviewer, upon meeting them, is unable to match the person on paper with the person in front of him/her.

Job seekers need to understand that as much as they are being interviewed, they can also do an interview for the interviewer! I know this may sound alien and impracticable especially considering the peculiarities of the Nigerian job industry, but it is not.

Here are 5 questions that you should make certain to ask before your interview is over.

1. What skills and experiences would make me an ideal candidate? This is a great open-ended question that will have the interviewer put his/her cards on the table and state exactly what the employer is looking for. If the interviewer mentions something you didn't cover yet, now is the time.

2. What have you enjoyed most about working here? This question allows the interviewer to connect with you on a more personal level, sharing his/her feelings. The answer will also give you unique insight into how satisfied (or otherwise) people are with their jobs, here. If the interviewer is pained to come up with an answer to your question, it is a big red flag.

3. Do you have any hesitations about my qualifications? I love this question because it is gutsy. Also, you'll show that you're confident in your skills and abilities.

4. Who previously held this position? This seemingly straightforward question will tell you whether that person was promoted or fired or if he/she quit or retired. That, in turn, will provide a clue to whether there's a chance for advancement, employees are unhappy, the place is in turmoil, or the employer has workers around your age.

5. What is the next step in the process? This is the essential last question and one you should definitely ask. It shows that you're interested in moving along in the process and it invites the interviewer to tell you how many people are in the running for the position. With luck, the answer will be "there's no next step, you're hired!"

Do you have an upcoming interview or you know a friend or acquaintance who does? Why don't you put these questions to work or share with the friend.

Introducing the Insidify "54 Professionals Independence Offer"

Happy Independence anniversary to you from everyone at Insidify.com. At Insidify.com, we believe that the future of a nation is determined by the quality of its citizens. That is why we have chosen to invest in your human competence and also give you the resources that will drive you towards excellence and success.

What we are giving You!

• 54 Professionals Premium Exposure: If your CV is selected, it will be exposed to; over a 1000 employers on Insidify.com’s network of employers, to leading Nigerian recruitment agency, VLA and Global consulting firm, Accenture for lucrative employment opportunities.

• A Professionally Written CV: Knowing a well written CV will get you opportunities, we’ve assembled a team of 5 world-class professional CV writers (in collaboration with Jarushub) that will recreate your CV into what employers want, if you’re selected.

• A Life coaching and Capacity development Training: This is a training session that will be facilitated by Nigeria’s premiere Life Coach; Lanre Olusola and other leading Human Resource thought leaders including Jimi Tewe and Victor Adebayo; VP Human Resources at FBN Capital. Our faculty has a combined 30 years+ experience of providing a wide range of sound and cutting-edge coaching that will peak your professional competencies and performance.

• Bragging Rights: If your CV is selected, you will be elected into the “Insidify.com Independence Ambassadors Network”. You get to wear it like a badge. You earned it!

Who is Eligible?

It’s an open invite. Everyone is invited. (Except Aliens of-course)

Mode and Type of communication:

• Upon completing the application, we’ll send you a confirmation email in seconds.

• We’ll update you once, via email, the progress of the offer before it closes on the 14th of October.

• We’ll announce the winners on the 17th of October, 2014. The list of winners will be communicated via email to all participants.

How to Participate:

Click the “Apply for 54” button on www.insidify.com/independence. Upon clicking, you’ll be required to;

• Create an Insidify account by filling a short Biodata form. (Just your Full name, Email and Password).

• Please make sure you complete the form and upload your CV (you can upload your CV straight from LinkedIn by clicking on the LinkedIn tab on top of the form).

• Should you have difficulties with doing this on a mobile phone please use a computer. A completed form and resume is the most critical factor to being selected.

To learn more about Insidify.com please visit the website www.Insidify.com

Happy Independence! God bless Nigeria!

N:B: This is a free offer, we’ll never demand cash from anyone.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Raxxye(m): 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Cool stuffs
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by olooto1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru: The interview process (the oral phase) is usually dreaded by not a few job seekers. Most times, applicants are qualified for the position being sought for but the interviewer, upon meeting them, is unable to match the person on paper with the person in front of him/her.

Job seekers need to understand that as much as they are being interviewed, they can also do an interview for the interviewer! I know this may sound alien and impracticable especially considering the peculiarities of the Nigerian job industry, but it is not.

Here are 5 questions that you should make certain to ask before your interview is over.

1. What skills and experiences would make me an ideal candidate? This is a great open-ended question that will have the interviewer put his/her cards on the table and state exactly what the employer is looking for. If the interviewer mentions something you didn't cover yet, now is the time.

2. What have you enjoyed most about working here? This question allows the interviewer to connect with you on a more personal level, sharing his/her feelings. The answer will also give you unique insight into how satisfied (or otherwise) people are with their jobs, here. If the interviewer is pained to come up with an answer to your question, it is a big red flag.

3. Do you have any hesitations about my qualifications? I love this question because it is gutsy. Also, you'll show that you're confident in your skills and abilities.

4. Who previously held this position? This seemingly straightforward question will tell you whether that person was promoted or fired or if he/she quit or retired. That, in turn, will provide a clue to whether there's a chance for advancement, employees are unhappy, the place is in turmoil, or the employer has workers around your age.

5. What is the next step in the process? This is the essential last question and one you should definitely ask. It shows that you're interested in moving along in the process and it invites the interviewer to tell you how many people are in the running for the position. With luck, the answer will be "there's no next step, you're hired!"

Do you have an upcoming interview or you know a friend or acquaintance who does? Why don't you put these questions to work or share with the friend.

5. What is the next step in the process? This is the essential last question and one you should definitely ask. It shows that you're interested in movi
Do you have an upcoming interview or you know a friend or acquaintance who does? Why don't you put these questions to work or share with the pls my question is indirectly related, hw wud someone respond to job dat says; send application, shud d person send only written applcattion letter or scanned certificate only or both.Tanx friend.
[quote author=insidifyguru]The interview process (the oral phase) is usually dreaded by not a few job seekers. Most times, applicants are qualified for the position being sought for but the interviewer, upon meeting them, is unable to match the person on paper with the person in front of him/her.

Job seekers need to
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Raxxye: Cool stuffs

Thanks for your kind words.

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by braine(m): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2014

Noted.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by ameheo(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by adelolaa(m): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
XarmZoft..com app released... Download yours .. And don't forget to click on the ads to support me... Thank you all and God bless
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
BICE: Fine, but Not in an interview where you have about 5 interviewers.

Thanks for your comments. It can actually work for any number of interviewers there are in an interview. You just need to know who to direct the questions too. You can please see comments of people who have tried it in a 5-man panel of interviewers and it worked for them on this thread.

Thanks again for your comments.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
ijemishkisic: I love this and am using it tomorrow for an interview while hoping God's willing I grab d job, having been patient for long....... Hybrid thanks to u OP!

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad I could be of help. Also wishing you the very best in your interview tomorrow. Go break a leg! #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by fpeter(f): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
SOME OF THIS QUESTIONS, IN 9JA? I DOUBT OOO
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by Skimpledawg(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru:

You will actually be given the chance to ask questions. Know that interviewers are always looking for a means to assess your level of intelligence and usefulness to the company. Asking them questions will show them this!

All the best. #Insidify
Jah Bless yu plentiful
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by habayommy: 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
insidifyguru:

Hello Joe,it may sound strange to you but it is very practicable. The point where these questions can and should come in can be in two distinct openings during the interview:

1. The point when the interviewer(s) actually ask if you have any questions for the interview panel and

2. The point where you sense that the interview is coming to a close. This is because some interviewer(s) might not ask you to ask your questions.

Ultimately, you will definitely come across as being intelligent to the interviewer(s). This is priceless and can be the clincher for you.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if you need further clarifications. Thank you so much. #Insidify

Thanks but further clarifications needed.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Skimpledawg:
Jah Bless yu plentiful

Lol. Jah bless you too. Thanks for your kind words...and prayers. smiley #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
habayommy:

Thanks but further clarifications needed.

Ok. But on which particular part please?
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
fpeter: SOME OF THIS QUESTIONS, IN 9JA? I DOUBT OOO

Lol. I can see how you can doubt that these questions can be asked. But believe me when I say that they can. Kindly look through comments by NL's and you'll see comments of people who have actually tried them.

Thanks for your comments. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by habayommy: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
insidifyguru post=/post/26814398:

Ok. But on which particular part please?
insidifyguru post=/post/26798084:

2. The point where you sense that the interview is coming to a close. This is because some interviewer(s) might not ask you to ask your questions.
Ultimately, you will definitely come across as being intelligent to the interviewer(s). This is priceless and can be the clincher for you.

I need more clarification on ţhe number 2 above. Thanks
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by MightyFortress: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thanks for these great tips, Poster.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
habayommy:

I need more clarification on ţhe number 2 above. Thanks

Ok. During an interview,the point I mentioned in 2 is that point when your interviewers either are about to ask you to leave or generally are no longer asking you probing questions (as they would most likely have started with at the beginning of the interview).

However,if you find that you can't 'sense' this point,you can ask the interviewers if you can ask a question at any point in time during the interview that you feel comfortable enough to do so and have gathered your wits about you.

Are you clear now please?

Thank you for your question. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
MightyFortress: Thanks for these great tips, Poster.

You are very welcome. Thank you for your kind words. smiley
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by cyonujemen(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nice one.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by habayommy: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
insidifyguru:

Ok. During an interview,the point I mentioned in 2 is that point when your interviewers either are about to ask you to leave or generally are no longer asking you probing questions (as they would most likely have started with at the beginning of the interview).

However,if you find that you can't 'sense' this point,you can ask the interviewers if you can ask a question at any point in time during the interview that you feel comfortable enough to do so and have gathered your wits about you.

Are you clear now please?

Thank you for your question. #Insidify
I'm very very clear. Thanks, I really appreciate. Are u on twitter or Facebook?
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by mytym(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
insidifyguru: The interview process (the oral phase) is usually dreaded by not a few job seekers. Most times, applicants are qualified for the position being sought for but the interviewer, upon meeting them, is unable to match the person on paper with the person in front of him/her

#3 will no doubt jinja the curiousity of the inteviewer. Nice one @OP
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
habayommy:
I'm very very clear. Thanks, I really appreciate. Are u on twitter or Facebook?

You are very welcome. I represent Insidify.com so you can follow our Twitter handle @insidifyjobs or like our Facebook page www.Facebook.com/Insidify.com

Thank you so much for your time. #Insidify
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
mytym:

#3 will no doubt jinja the curiousity of the inteviewer. Nice one @OP

Thanks so much for your kind words. I believe so too. smiley
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by insidifyguru: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
cyonujemen: Nice one.

Thank you so much.
Re: 5 Job Interview Questions You Should Ask by toygod2: 5:46am On Oct 05, 2014
ok, nice ones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gnld Don Finally Catch Me. / El-Rufai Posted Job Vacancies On His Facebook Page / Nigerian Navy 2017 Massive Recruitment (35 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.