Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola (9312 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 05, 2009
@Toxnaija.
This is probably not fully related to the megacity project but i'll still highlight it though.

I think the Lagos state govt should start taking Parking seriously. Parking meters should be placed on several roads. This will lead to a reduction in unnecessary parking.
A lot of revenue can also be made. It would also reduce traffic.
Take victoria island for example, a law should be made preventing curb side parking. Parking hourly meters should be placed there. Also, private 3-4 level parkings can be built such that people who work daily can park their vehicles for a daily rate. If you know that you have to pay 100-500 naira per hour to park, trust me people will think twice before making unnecessary journeys. This will even encourage people to take taxis (the corporate cab and ekotaxi is a brilliant idea by the way) and hence reduce the number of vehicles on the road. Imagine this, say i live in lekki and i need to see someone in V.I, i would rather take the corporate cab that would cost a max of 1000naira and avoid having to look for/pay for parking of about 1000naira (depending on my intended duration) This idea can be applied to the entire state.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by maksum: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2009
Its nice to withness some positive thinking going on. For the doubting thomases like Nigeria1, what do u gain by insinuating negative feelings in people? nothing so keep ur doubts to ur self. That pattern of negativity does not belong to our generation we need to move to the next level fast. My familiarity with Lagos terrain is not so good but i will make my input. Firstly i would like to point out that d Lagos mega city project developement of the transport system should include the water ways. A modern ferry system should be developed to this effect. Under ground road ways should also be considered. this will reduce the hassles of traffic congestion. This is achievable and has already been done in some parts of the world eg indonesia, nd USA. Recycling of garbage should be considered also as a profitable way of keeping the mega city clean. People like me may just sell the ideas, while others build on it. Having the idea is the foundation.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by KnowAll(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2009
Fashola should meet up with the administrators of Port Novo and Contonou in the Rep of Benin and create a Magapolis stretching from lagos to Coutonu. The govt of lagos state and Benin authorithies should build road & rail links to join the 2 cities. This arrangement would be good for the beniose economy as nigerians that cannot afford to live within nigeria we live in rep of benin and travel to lagos for work. The reason behind this thought is because of the enormous cost of buying land in Lagos. Fashola should co-operate with the Beniose authority and make things happen afterall Port Novo is only 100 miles away and Badagry and Port- Novo are linked together by the Badagry lagoon. (you can see the map on Google earth).

Meaning of a Megapolis

A megalopolis (or megapolis) is defined as an extensive metropolitan area or a long chain of roughly continuous metropolitan areas. The term was first used in the United States by Jean Gottmann in 1957, to describe the huge metropolitan area along the Eastern seaboard of the U.S. from Boston, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C. According to Gottmann, it resulted from changes in work and social habits. The concept was later extended to include the following regions: BosWash (Boston–Washington), ChiPitts (Chicago to Pittsburgh), Quebec City–Windsor Corridor, SanSan, and Bajalta California. A megalopolis is also frequently a megacity, megapolitan area, or a metropolitan area with a total population in excess of 10 million people.

Megalopolis is used in urban studies as a term to link the metropolitan Combined Statistical Areas of Boston–Worcester–Manchester, MA–RI–NH; Springfield, MA–Holyoke, MA, Hartford–West Hartford–Willimantic, CT; New York–Newark–Bridgeport, NY–NJ–CT–PA; Philadelphia–Camden–Vineland, PA–NJ–DE–MD; and Washington–Baltimore–Northern Virginia, DC–MD–VA–WV.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2009
KnowAll:

Fashola should meet up with the administrators of Port Novo and Contonou in the Rep of Benin and create a Magapolis stretching from lagos to Coutonu. The govt of lagos state and Benin authorithies should build road & rail links to join the 2 cities. This arrangement would be good for the beniose economy as nigerians that cannot afford to live within nigeria we live in rep of benin and travel to lagos for work. The reason behind this thought is because of the enormous cost of buying land in Lagos. Fashola should co-operate with the Beniose authority and make things happen afterall Port Novo is only 100 miles away and Badagry and Port- Novo are linked together by the Badagry lagoon. (you can see the map on Google earth).

Meaning of a Megapolis

A megalopolis (or megapolis) is defined as an extensive metropolitan area or a long chain of roughly continuous metropolitan areas. The term was first used in the United States by Jean Gottmann in 1957, to describe the huge metropolitan area along the Eastern seaboard of the US. from Boston, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C. According to Gottmann, it resulted from changes in work and social habits. The concept was later extended to include the following regions: BosWash (Boston–Washington), ChiPitts (Chicago to Pittsburgh), Quebec City–Windsor Corridor, SanSan, and Bajalta California. A megalopolis is also frequently a megacity, megapolitan area, or a metropolitan area with a total population in excess of 10 million people.

Megalopolis is used in urban studies as a term to link the metropolitan Combined Statistical Areas of Boston–Worcester–Manchester, MA–RI–NH; Springfield, MA–Holyoke, MA, Hartford–West Hartford–Willimantic, CT; New York–Newark–Bridgeport, NY–NJ–CT–PA; Philadelphia–Camden–Vineland, PA–NJ–DE–MD; and Washington–Baltimore–Northern Virginia, DC–MD–VA–WV.

I disagree. This is counterproductive for Nigeria.
Why Cotonou? If land is too expensive in Lagos, people can move to Ogun state or Ibadan. I think Ogun is already planning for this. The said rail line can run between Lagos and Ibadan. Are you from Cotonou?
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by oderemo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2009
we need to move to the next level fast[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]

moving to the next while we forget about the rest of the populace hen, lets start, who will benefit from your megacity?how much your megacity will actually cost, how long will lagosian pay for this, all this questions we need . i am not sold on any idea of megacity until we have our basics infrastructures in place and working. i maintain, the idea of lagos econmic dev. does not rest with some individual alone.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by blackspade(m): 3:02am On Jan 07, 2009
Lekki Megacity Masterplan

Much, much more here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=774666
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by blackspade(m): 2:20am On Jan 16, 2009
Any new news?
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 4:00am On Jan 16, 2009
Lagos can be a mega city but will they let it? First you have to deal with the stupid assholes that pee and shit in every corner they see. Seriously Lagos is wasting land!!!! They build flats instead of building high rise buildings. It's easy, it's not rocket science at all. Look, Lagos can be transformed within 8 years but many people will lose their lands which is OKAY!! That no plan style of buildings got to go!! Some people's houses are so close to the main road in such a way that if a bus drops them infront of their houses you can see their kitchen from inside the bus grin. clean the slums, build high rise buildings that can contain more people than those flats that has people packed like sardine!. Lagos is just 20miilion people but so is New York city and they are battling the ocean for land too.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Jan 16, 2009
ode remo:

moving to the next while we forget about the rest of the populace hen, lets start, who will benefit from your megacity?how much your megacity will actually cost, how long will lagosian pay for this, all this questions we need . i am not sold on any idea of megacity until we have our basics infrastructures in place and working. i maintain, the idea of lagos econmic dev. does not rest with some individual alone.

Thank you for making my day!!
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by blackspade(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2009
Did you see these links? They tell about ALL high-rises being built in Nigeria, along with infrastructure projects.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1481

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=1474

Lots of information.
Re: Lagos Megacity Project-send Your Proposals To Gov. Fashola by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2010
I work with a bank and I have so many ideas that can work for the state in teh areas of transportation.

I have it all in a presentation which Ican't put up here because of the size.

My e-mail address is oladapo@usa.com and my number is 08025895895

The projects are feasible and effective

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download The Authentic Petroleum Industry Bill 2012 / My Writings And Okonjo-Iweala - Sacked NEMA Spokeman / Cabinet Shakeup Looms In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.