Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

What Made You Decide To Get Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (23022 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Hidden Traits You Must Look Out For Before You Decide To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by garrimallam: 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Got married because i was making more enemies than friends. To settle d scores and get out of bondage and slavery,i have to make a public decleration that this is the bone of my bone and d flesh of my fresh.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Cholls(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Married to my career for now though. Till I FIND that 'special one'
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by christabeli: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dcmg: Well as for me,the reason i might get married would be because of having children and pleasing the society.
If she has given me 1 or 2 kids,i would find a way to divorce her or i put on an attitude that will make her want to divorce me.And i would pay her off well.
After that,i no marry again.Atleast i was married
Why not go and adopt instead of planning to turn the life of another human like you to misery?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
AncientJerk:

almost 30... bro you're just 10 years away from being a fool for life... keep it up and you shall achieve your goals

tongue no offense o
bro why did say that and what's ur own age.
Don't u think things can get better within that 10years.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by micolaj: 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
fairheven:
How does a woman protect a man,isn't it the other way round..as in a man protects a man..so if arm robber come your house,u run under the mattress an ask your wife to protect you? grin grin,tufia!
I know where u are going, so u cannot protect your company`s interest unless u are a GATEMAN abi? u lack ability to reason in a different way... anyway, I wasn`t referring to the PROTECTION in physical state or those ones u wach in American movies...Mature minds can decipher and comprehend the REAL MEANING.as in protectin ur image, reputation, protectin u frm bad friends by counsellin u, frm evil women by givin u d koko, lookin at issues frm a different perspectiv wen d need arises, prayin 4 u nd d family and finally protectin ur life dream.

I rest my case. cool

Thank you.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by fairheven: 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
micolaj: I know where u are going, so u cannot protect your company`s interest unless u are a GATEMAN abi? u lack ability to reason in a different way... anyway, I wasn`t referring to the PROTECTION in physical state or those ones u wach in American movies...Mature minds can decipher and comprehend the REAL MEANING.as in protectin ur image, reputation, protectin u frm bad friends by counsellin u, frm evil women by givin u d koko, lookin at issues frm a different perspectiv wen d need arises, prayin 4 u nd d family and finally protectin ur life dream.

I rest my case. cool

Thank you.
I also know wt u were pointing at,but protection is a wrong choice of word,in relation an in marriage,protection is primarily,the job of a man..even in bible,it says "husbands love your wife as christ loved the church an gave his life*(more like a defence wall)for her,so wt protection can be more than this?a woman may protect,but that that is secondary,an complementary but to the man ,its primary
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by micolaj: 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
fairheven:
I also know wt u were pointing at,but protection is a wrong choice of word,in relation an in marriage,protection is primarily,the job of a man..even in bible,it says "husbands love your wife as christ loved the church an gave his life*(more like a defence wall)for her,so wt protection can be more than this?a woman may protect,but that that is secondary,but to the man ,its primary
tru talk...let's draw d curtain
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Dcmg(m): 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
christabeli: Why not go and adopt instead of planning to turn the life of another human like you to misery?
Tell that to your fellow women who marry up,basically for money

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
benromeo39: I'm married to Jesus. Reason? Because he's my lord and savior. undecided

you are male and Jesus is male. Male + male = Gaey things
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by fairheven: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
micolaj: tru talk...let's draw d curtain
God bless!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by YurFatHer: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sophyrocks: Wow. Majority of the comments here are veeeeeeeeeery wrong reasons to get married. No wonder there are many sob stories. undecided undecided undecided
mr grammer, oya put your own na
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
YurFatHer: mr grammer, oya put your own na

What is grammer in the issue? I am not married. You don marry? oya talk your own!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nduxzy: 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
I wish i were you
At 23, that's a blessing
By the time your kids are graduates
And you are still a young man
Then you will appreciate what you did to yourself
Only thing holding me back is a job
salt1:

Jennylove, I doubt if you have ever fallen in love. You may not have felt like there's this one person you can't live without. Whose smile keeps you smiling and whose approval you value. That something went wrong (which can be remedied) does not negate the beauty of young love.
I married at 23 and more than 20 years later I am
Still very happy with my decision. I prefer being unhappy with my spouse than being alone. We didn't marry to please family or society.
Getting married is a gift we gave to ourselves
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by YurFatHer: 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:

What is grammer in the issue? I am not married. You don marry? oya talk your own!
then, let those that are married to quote. Oya talk yur own
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
YurFatHer: then, let those that are married to quote. Oya talk yur own

I hold anybody? i hold you? Talk your own and stop blabbing crap or simply stop quoting me!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by YurFatHer: 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I hold anybody? i hold you? Talk your own and stop blabbing crap or simply stop quoting me!
mtchewwww. Just talk your own jooor
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by koxi: 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Marrying to get a Cook.

Issorait.

Who's this kid? Where are u from?
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by koxi: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
bosun11:

but u wont be getting married just because you want to be expecting your dinner prepared already when u get home ?? only if that is part of numerous reasons though

You have answered d question by yourself wink
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
koxi:

Who's this kid? Where are u from?

You wish. Im sorry for your wife. Na one chance she don enter.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
christabeli: Why not go and adopt instead of planning to turn the life of another human like you to misery?

I wonder. I think ladies need to ask why their boyfriends/fiance want to get married before thinking of marrying them. some of the comments here are real eye openers and explain why some married people are not happy.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
iamchiddy:

you are male and Jesus is male. Male + male = Gaey things
kini boboyi bami sor gan? Koshi jor.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by koxi: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:

You wish. Im sorry for your wife. Na one chance she don enter.

Like I said, you're still a kid and won't ever understand the things of the matured mind
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by abrakatabra: 10:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
its nt gud 4 man 2 remain alone...so i married for companionship
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by bosun11(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
koxi:

You have answered d question by yourself wink

grin grin grin
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by godsveryown(f): 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Pedagogue:

The above comments are, with respect,visceral.

The first poster herein above did not mk a single comment dt is related to this thread...He has only moaned emptily abt his misconceived perception abt NL. Well, i'm not surprised...I see Nigerians lik u everyday. If u dnt lik the thread, why can't u open a thread that represents ur interests?
Anyways, u also hav a right to delete ur NL account n leave NL forever!

D second poster recommended Linda Ikeji's blog! To b honest, u av a right to recommend whatever to anyone! But quite frankly, d subtle way many ppl av bin advertising dt blog on NL makes me wonder whether it's d same blog i knw...'kim k Did this' 'Beyonce did dt"
are all u ever get to read there! Well, whatever rocks ur boat tho....

@Op, good questions. Just note d following:
1. What applies to A may not apply to B.
2. A decision of whn to marry is generally taken as a result of many circumstances i.e Once u av a good job n u r in a serious rltshp; it's almost certain dt d bell wil ring.
3. Unforeseen circumstances i.e 'unplanned' pregnancy
4. Parental nay societal pressure
5. Out of pity. For example, a lady of 32 yrs who has bin dating a man for 8 years may be 'pitied' by her man.Thus, d man may choose to marry her not because he really wants to...but cos of an emotional consideration of d no. Of years they've bin together!!!

...Op, i cnt tell u my personal experience cos of certain reasons!!!

But believe me, majority of ppl get married cos they c it As d 'next thing' -lik an obligation dt must b fulfilled. Som ppl also get married once they c d 'right person'.

Whtevr side u belong, 'Marriage' generally flows from 'a decision to marry'.

[/color]
well said...tanks 4 dat.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
koxi:

Like I said, you're still a kid and won't ever understand the things of the matured mind

Your comment i quoted showed your maturity is less than zero. So a matured man marries a woman simply because he needs a cook? why dnt you just hire a Maid? Hahahahaha. Like i said, your wife don enter one chance. She will come to nairaland to lament for us. Lemme guess, you will beat her up or throw a kitchen stove with kerosene at her once you find out food isnt ready after coming back from work right? hahahahaha. What a joke!!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by ayodele123(m): 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
Many men will not accept it but the major reason why many men get married is for sexual intimacy
The craze for it is the major reasons.Others like companionship are supporting reasons
Many women however marry mainly for the companionship function while others like sexual intimacy are secondary
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by koxi: 5:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Your comment i quoted showed your maturity is less than zero. So a matured man marries a woman simply because he needs a cook? why dnt you just hire a Maid? Hahahahaha. Like i said, your wife don enter one chance. She will come to nairaland to lament for us. Lemme guess, you will beat her up or throw a kitchen stove with kerosene at her once you find out food isnt ready after coming back from work right? hahahahaha. What a joke!!

Get a life!! You're so wasted!!!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Ishilove: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

Life needs meaning, she is that meaning for me.
Awww. This is so beautiful cry
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by kathryn24(f): 3:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
I was pregnant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Katsina State (Photos) / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food / My Husband Has Shunned My Bed For Too Long, Please Separate Us - Wife Tell Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.