Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Made You Decide To Get Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Made You Decide To Get Married? (23007 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Hidden Traits You Must Look Out For Before You Decide To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Reproduction!
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Lincolnburrows(m): 3:15am On Sep 30, 2014
The op is definitely a mod. Times have gone when I really find nairaland front page interesting and informative. Times have gone when I recommend this site to my friends. Times have gone when I wake up in the middle of the night just to read nairaland comments. Things have really fallen apart on this once revered forum......, still weeping in pej's voice.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm married to Jesus. Reason? Because he's my lord and savior. undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:20am On Sep 30, 2014
Lincolnburrows: The op is definitely a mod. Times have gone when I really find nairaland front page interesting and informative. Times have gone when I recommend this site to my friends. Times have gone when I wake up in the middle of the night just to read nairaland comments. Things have really fallen apart on this once revered forum......, still weeping in pej's voice.
Weep no more. Linda Ikeja blog is still available.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Tunguy01(m): 3:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Bein d only son , I want 2 marry so dat I wnt alter d circle of life .
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by millionboi(m): 3:57am On Sep 30, 2014
Pressure

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Opiosko: 4:02am On Sep 30, 2014
The 7 of them 'carry belle' at the same time so i had to settle with one cos...... Should stop here joor.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by CzarChris(m): 4:19am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm not married yet, still a career bachelor, playing Mr. Loverboy.
Loving it? Well, undecided kinda, but there are times I just feel that loneliness, it just hits me. Might just start looking for her soon.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by free2ryhme: 4:32am On Sep 30, 2014
every comment made on this thread was by men

something is not right undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by scobaba: 4:35am On Sep 30, 2014
When that time comes.....you will just know marriage is your next agenda.

On the outside, you will think it's cos of boredom, need for constant intimacy, kids, ripe aGe.....but No, when the time comes....pally u go just know. wink

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by timilehing(m): 5:15am On Sep 30, 2014
I started feeling too lonely
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Sunshinelady(f): 5:26am On Sep 30, 2014
Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

Life needs meaning, she is that meaning for me.
applause

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Lexusgs430: 5:31am On Sep 30, 2014
I knew I was in a relationship with the right person, I had educationally achieved a reasonable level, I could 100% bear the expense of my wedding celebration, I could maintain and sustain a marital home.
I had attained a level of maturity, sense of compromise and loads of African love to give (no flowers).
14 years and 3 kids later and still waxing strong !!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by englishmart(m): 5:32am On Sep 30, 2014
As soon as I'm mature for marriage, and I have enough money. The next is marriage. Coz I can't afford to raise a family impecuniously.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by olaboy001(m): 5:34am On Sep 30, 2014
benromeo39: I'm married to Jesus. Reason? Because he's my lord and savior. undecided
When did you get married to him because I nevr heard that Jesus got divorce before
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Lathunjimi(m): 5:54am On Sep 30, 2014
I want to b'cos I'm tired of living alone.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Sagamite(m): 6:02am On Sep 30, 2014
ibrews: Cox my mum wants to see her grandchildren!

yomi007k: I got married cos its d norm in my society.

Idrismusty97: The most likely answer would be because of children which is of course part of "Societal norms".

kunlesehan:
lol
that's long life, cos it's good for the heart.
but seriously marriage makes one seem more responsible in certain societies.

appleton: Getting married is by instinct. Its like asking someone who just finished NYSC what next?

Mintayo: "Be fruitful and Multiply..." I guess you can't do that without getting married?
Hence God is the authur of marriage,he created the marriage institution!

ghettodreamz:
When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.

Preciousone4ril: Reproduction!

I like the fact that you are all frank about the real reasons you got married.

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Tallesty1(m): 6:04am On Sep 30, 2014
Chrisbenogor: For me, human beings can withstand so many things.....loneliness is not one of them.

True That.

I'm not married yet but I know deep down that I need a wife already.

The loneliness is just too much.

I close from shop mostly around 6pm but I don't go house until it is 9pm. I mean what am I gonna do at home? Shower, eat, read or watch movies??

Women are the best part of God's creation, believe me!

21 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by pyyxxaro: 6:05am On Sep 30, 2014
because I have always wanted to be a member of MEN FELLOWSHIP in my Church embarassed cry
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:05am On Sep 30, 2014
Bcoz he needs someone to be in the kitchen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Lucasbalo(m): 6:10am On Sep 30, 2014
I married my best friend. We met in college when I was a sophomore in a business school and she was a freshy in a nursing school. We married when I finished my MBA and making a good living and it's been a blast for about 20 years. The best thing that ever happened to me in the sense that I became responsible at the age of 23.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by walearoy(m): 6:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Lexusgs430: I knew I was in a relationship with the right person, I had educationally achieved a reasonable level, I could 100% bear the expense of my wedding celebration, I could maintain and sustain a marital home.
I had attained a level of maturity, sense of compromise and loads of African love to give (no flowers).
14 years and 3 kids later and still waxing strong !!!

First mature comment,
Thank you!

As for me, its still work in progress, although iv been able to sieve the possible ladies in my life i might get married to, its becoming hard relegating one of them, I'm sure when I do, I'll get married.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by miqos02(m): 6:12am On Sep 30, 2014
companionship
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by condralbede(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2014

Not when you married nagging wife.I pray God gives us all a good wives .Cos walahi wen u marry bad wife,see u see grave.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by daben1(m): 6:18am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm not married yet but my main purpose of marriage is children if not...
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Pedagogue: 6:19am On Sep 30, 2014
Lincolnburrows: Times have gone when I really find nairaland front page interesting and informative. Times have gone when I recommend this site to my friends. Times have gone when I wake up in the middle of the night just to read nairaland comments. Things have really fallen apart on this once revered forum......, still weeping in pej's voice.
Idrismusty97: Weep no more. Linda Ikeja blog is still available.

The above comments are, with respect,visceral.

The first poster herein above did not mk a single comment dt is related to this thread...He has only moaned emptily abt his misconceived perception abt NL. Well, i'm not surprised...I see Nigerians lik u everyday. If u dnt lik the thread, why can't u open a thread that represents ur interests?
Anyways, u also hav a right to delete ur NL account n leave NL forever!

D second poster recommended Linda Ikeji's blog! To b honest, u av a right to recommend whatever to anyone! But quite frankly, d subtle way many ppl av bin advertising dt blog on NL makes me wonder whether it's d same blog i knw...'kim k Did this' 'Beyonce did dt"
are all u ever get to read there! Well, whatever rocks ur boat tho....

@Op, good questions. Just note d following:
1. What applies to A may not apply to B.
2. A decision of whn to marry is generally taken as a result of many circumstances i.e Once u av a good job n u r in a serious rltshp; it's almost certain dt d bell wil ring.
3. Unforeseen circumstances i.e 'unplanned' pregnancy
4. Parental nay societal pressure
5. Out of pity. For example, a lady of 32 yrs who has bin dating a man for 8 years may be 'pitied' by her man.Thus, d man may choose to marry her not because he really wants to...but cos of an emotional consideration of d no. Of years they've bin together!!!

...Op, i cnt tell u my personal experience cos of certain reasons!!!

But believe me, majority of ppl get married cos they c it As d 'next thing' -lik an obligation dt must b fulfilled. Som ppl also get married once they c d 'right person'.

Whtevr side u belong, 'Marriage' generally flows from 'a decision to marry'.

[/color]

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by RAO1(m): 6:22am On Sep 30, 2014
my religion (islam)forbids living out of marriage when one is ripped enuf to do so.... my culture (Yoruba ) has disrespect for one Who supposed to Av married n refused to...a family meeting ll b called upon u n they ll tell u "ti omode ba ti to loko, aa loko " meaning when it's time to do / acquire / av something, u do/acquire / av it outright
#I love my religion n my tribe # u fit say unna own

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2014
My homeboy "Don Swigger" was coming for my lil birthday party last August , and he came along with his adorable daughter and stubborn Son...
They were cute, that's when it struck me .....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by mayorall(m): 6:27am On Sep 30, 2014
Desdola: Marriage makes one fulfilled but comes with ups and down one got to manage

The ways of the just shall shine brighter and brighter . God didn't say it will shine today, and not shine tomorrow. Please erase that mentality.
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by holluwai(m): 6:45am On Sep 30, 2014
I wanted to see what my child would look like and she's a cute angel smiley
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by rawpadgin(m): 6:49am On Sep 30, 2014
ghettodreamz:

With the above comment, without any doubt, it shows you are still single.

Although it's one of the elements of marriage which leads to reproduction, and subsequently, rearing of kids. However, there is more to being married than just sexual intercourse alone. When you are married, it makes you feel some sense of maturity, and become a more responsible adult.
It's a new phase of life and you start seeing things in a more different ways than the way you would have seen them or had always seen them while you were still single. Marriage comes with a lot of commitments, responsibilities, perseverance and sacrifice; if you are not ready physically, emotionally, psychologically (mentally), materially and financially- marriage is not for you.
please can u throw more like on the 'physical readiness'
Re: What Made You Decide To Get Married? by barry35: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2014
To offer validation for unwanted pregnancy - Arthur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Stress Of Having Your Nigerian Mother Buy Clothes For You / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food / My Father Hates Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.