Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,642 members, 7,827,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History (50819 Views)

Return Money Collected From Dasuki, PDP Tells Members / Nigeria History Makers In Pictures / Great Leaders In Nigeria's History Before Total Colonisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by ibkgab001: 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Truly there was a "Country" Nigeria will be great again!!!

First to comment on the 3rd page grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by mistuurfabulous(m): 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
cuteberry29:
Please why not give the full history of ishola oyenusi
Yeah...I'm also interested in that

1 Like

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by reliableme: 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Wolison:
nice pix
Reminds me of the good old days
In b/W let me ask ooooo
Why is Arabic inscription always inscribed on naira notes(guess the practice has been ancient)
Is Nigeria an Arabic state or had we in anytime colonised by the Arabians?
is there because the Hausas can not read in English then but due to there knowledge in reading Arabic they use that to communicate with them the words u see on the naira is actually hausa written with Arabic alphabets, they call that aljami. U can rresearch more to know better

2 Likes

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by rodeo0070(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
cuteberry29:
Please why not give the full history of ishola oyenusi
Read all here: www.nairaland.com/1544107/execution-doctor-oyenusi-notorious-robber
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by pweshboi(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
DrFunmi:
Great pics. But who cares

If you don't appreciate all this history, then *ma lips are sealed for you* buh I guess a lot of us do care... You are not an american, u are a Nigerian. The sooner u accept that fact the better #Word!

2 Likes

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by delishpot: 11:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
teeghurl:
i'm wondering if that Calabar bride will show that pikshure to her children and grandkids

Why not? Isnt it her culture? She dey ayangba joint abi she stand for junction ni?

1 Like

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by delishpot: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
priscaoge:
Very Nice thread! Where can I get Those pacesetters books pls angry

You too like good thing. Lol.
Me sef no go mind get some. I believe I had the opportunity to read 4 out of those books. I love old school books. Not the type they make now.

2 Likes

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by pweshboi(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nobleval:
do we still have that in present day Nigeria? If we don't... then curse be to that black liquid in the Niger Delta.

For your info, we don't hav d groundnut pyramids anymore... Buh at d same time I think d black liquid is actually a blessing
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by Lawcurrent(m): 11:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
I know your feelings, desire, thinking just Vote me, i will change this country for Good. I AM GEJ
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by priscaoge(f): 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
delishpot:

You too like good thing. Lol.
Me sef no go mind get some. I believe I had the opportunity to read 4 out of those books. I love old school books. Not the type they make now.

Lol cheesy cheesy Seriously I need to get Those books and read them again. I remember reading that "On the Road" but can't remember what happened in the book.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by aguizm(m): 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Chaii these pictures made tears roll down my cheeks .I was like seeing what my dad saw those days as a teenager and imagining how happy they all lived then without all the electronic gadgets we have now.If person tell am then say him go born me him no go believe ooo.Chaii runs to wipe my face with handkerchief.Nostalgia Nostalgia

3 Likes

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by delishpot: 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
priscaoge:

Lol cheesy cheesy Seriously I need to get Those books and read them again. I remember reading that "On the Road" but can't remember what happened in the book.

Me sef. I will read all again if I find them.

1 Like

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by MightyFortress: 12:05am On Oct 16, 2014
barcanista:
Very good, it reminds me of those days. I can't forget September 25th, 1932 when I scored my first hatrick. So sad that the cam coder that was used to film me was held by the queen herself, and it is just one copy...

God bless yesteryears
Yes, I remember that wonderful day.. I was the one who exchanged jersey with you after the match and i went home with the ball after the match

2 Likes

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by aribs(m): 12:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Awww man... i remember reading those pacesetters....its interesting to see how things have evolved. I certainly remember the planta and blue band. the pyramids are enough to show Nigeria has lost the direction to greatness somewhere along the line. I only pray the young ones (I include myself here) can bring back the glory. its a good reminder to me that even though I may no longer live in good old Naija, home is where the heart belongs.

1 Like

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by CoretGistBlog(m): 12:19am On Oct 16, 2014
wish i was born den ..easy life, nutin to bother ur head about
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by judedwriter(m): 12:25am On Oct 16, 2014
MightyFortress:
Yes, I remember that wonderful day.. I was the one who exchanged jersey with you after the match and i went home with the ball after the match
grin grin cheesy
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by Toks2008(m): 1:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Why did you add the immigration recruitment exercise pics?

*Crying*
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by easyelliot(m): 1:49am On Oct 16, 2014
Great look at our history.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by kinglee007(m): 2:31am On Oct 16, 2014
adexsimply:
@OP Where do I get those pacesetter books? cry cry cry cry I want every single one of those books!!!!
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by neejay1986(m): 2:32am On Oct 16, 2014
There is a massive development looking at Nigeria of then and now. Thank God for everything, Nigeria will continue to know peace in Jesus name.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by itstpia1: 2:49am On Oct 16, 2014
teeghurl:
i'm wondering if that Calabar bride will show that pikshure to her children and grandkids

Is the picture worse than the ones showing people buck naked or with no shoes on?
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 16, 2014
Thanks op u made my day remembering those things remembered me when I was a child thank u
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by Wolison(m): 5:50am On Oct 16, 2014
reliableme:
is there because the Hausas can not read in English then but due to there knowledge in reading Arabic they use that to communicate with them the words u see on the naira is actually hausa written with Arabic alphabets, they call that aljami. U can rresearch more to know better
thanks for this piece of education
I appreciate and will definitely dig deep to know it's actual origin......
But don't u think the practice should be stopped; hausas that I know don't have this kind of calligraphy.....
It makes Nigeria look Arabic to my thinking shaa
All d same....
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by Ignatio(m): 6:41am On Oct 16, 2014
And Buhari wants to come and rule us and plunge us into deeper darkness.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by TeamSimple(m): 7:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Now see what neo-colonialism has turned the state of the nation into. How Nigerians underdeveloped themselves. We just blame the whites ,we are our own worst nightmare. God bless the True Heroes of our Land.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by edgyslim: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2014
DrFunmi:
Great pics. But who cares

If you don't have anything to say, keep quiet. It is better to be thought a fool when silent than open your mouth and prove it.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by 1stola1(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2014
Wow!
Nothing like pictures...
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by jantavanta(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2014
Tnycee:

@Nobleval, are u confused? What has 'that black liquid' gat to do with the matter on ground?

I think he is telling us that the Black Liquid made us fight over sharing of money that nobody worked for. Rather than developing , we obtained economic growth without development and we gradually lost our values.
The Superpowers competing for the domination of the entire world scrambled for the Black Liquid and masterminded our so-called Coup & Civil War, which was a disguised natural resource scramble by proxy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by teeghurl(f): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2014
delishpot:

Why not? Isnt it her culture? She dey ayangba joint abi she stand for junction ni?
ok tnx
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by zendy: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2014
I wonder if anyone has the link to thread showing the first generation of Nigerian Army officers? I've seen it here on analysts but can't remember the name of the thread.
Re: Great Photos Collected From Nigeria History by ono(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2014
There are two Yoruba books reputed to be among the earliest written folklore books in an African Language.
- Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmale
- Igbo Olodumare

These books were written by one D.O. Fagunwa (OBE).

There's a third one, Irikerindo.....I can't remeber the remaining words of the title. Those were the days people. Very scary, but interesting read.

OP, if you have em, please post. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Commander, Capture Ring Leader [PHOTOS] / Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today / Bola Tinubu Is No God – Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.