Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State (4537 Views)

Chris Ngige's Masquerade At His Father's Burial Today - Photos / Uk: Muslims Attack Convert From Islam To Christianity With Pickaxe / What Prophet Muhammad Said About Religious Extremism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
lanrexdo: Why should they clash. The egungun started the whole incident. They should be blamed for their woe. Glad that no life was lost.

Started wat? We shouldn't perform our annual festivals because of ur dumb self??

Is it you- a son of a slave who would dictate to true yoruba sons in the land of our ancestors? Edumare forbid such

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
emmasege: Woe betides anyone who drums, sings or makes any noise around mosques in Iwo, and this has been the belief for so many years in Iwo until recently that the masquerade defy their self-imposed rule. I hope the Governor would address this without any bias, thank God he practises the two religions in question. For all i care, u can fight urselves, just don't drag Christianity into this

Woe betides your family first.

The muslims should respect the laws of the land, the customary laws of Nigeria is behind every pagan activity

Ur religion cannot dictate to pagans in their own land...you are a son of a slave...slaves.don't dictate they obey

Next year Egungun comes again, go and bring ur slave brothers from the North known as Boko haram to stop the Yoruba culture from being practiced in Yorubaland

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
thewarrior72: Well, in as much as Islam is my enemy, I will not fail to condemn the actions of traditional worshipers this days. Their actions & deeds is becoming unbearable this days, the will block the road, stop people from opening their shops & warn residence to stay indoors.

These traditional worshipers don't seem to realise that the right of other people should be respected why u practice ur faith & should not constitute a nuisance to the society. The earlier the government call them to order the better.

If you can't cope with the laws of the town pls vacate...you won't be missed

These laws were here before u were born

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by iamord(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof: It's not only Iwo but Lagos island, Ikorodu, Isolo that I know in Lagos...Muslims and pagans clash but never to the extent of tampering with Egungun regalia

Even Awori muslims have Eyo regalia, which is a symbol of Olokun

Inferiority complex of black people

Majority of us hate ourselves with disgust

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
lanrexdo: Did you read the news at all..Freedom of religion is what is is called. why would the Egungun in the first place try and stop the muslim congreation from doing there thing jeje. Do you even know what is called Egungun in this upstate yoruba land?

Why should the muslims disrupt the traditions of the town?? funny thing is most of those idiiot muslims would nt be indigenes of Iwo

There's two scenarios here
1. The Arab slaves knew about the Egungun festival weeks ago like every other person in Iwo, but wanted to disrupt it by fixing their program at that time and refusing to end it when told in order to bring up a fight
As we know Arab slaves are pedoophiles and killers

2. They are not native to Iwo, they came from another town and don't know about Iwo's egungun festival... more reasons they can't dictate to sons of the land as slave foreigners
Ignorance is no excuse, The Priests of Iwo have announced the date of the festival weeks ago, in some Towns the dates are fixed as the same every year(not sure if this is the case for Iwo)

Egungun is a sacred masquerade in honor of the ancestors...it is said to draw the spirits of our ancestors into itself.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by iamord(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
thewarrior72: Well, in as much as Islam is my enemy, I will not fail to condemn the actions of traditional worshipers this days. Their actions & deeds is becoming unbearable this days, the will block the road, stop people from opening their shops & warn residence to stay indoors.

These traditional worshipers don't seem to realise that the right of other people should be respected why u practice ur faith & should not constitute a nuisance to the society. The earlier the government call them to order the better.

On a just scale the 3 major religions in the country are out of order
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
MisterLongman: So "Ara-orun" cannot fight for himself...... Maybe he was weak in the spirit....... So his forefathers spent #20M on the regalia, the yeye guy dey find awuuf package

If I was the one I would ask for more, Jst to spark up tension

Egungun is one of the most sacred things in Yorubaland, Tamper with Opon Ifa or opele most people won't be so offended but Egungun regalia is sacred to the ancestors who we own our identity to

I don't see this ending here, all egungun initiates should demand public apology and a fine

3 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Btw when did muslims start using drums undecided
They use loud speakers, we still complaining about that

Everybody can see it was planned by the muslims to cause fight

If it's fight these slaves want they would surely get it

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by MisterLongman(m): 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof:

If I was the one I would ask for more, Jst to spark up tension

Egungun is one of the most sacred things in Yorubaland, Tamper with Opon Ifa or opele most people won't be so offended but Egungun regalia is sacred to the ancestors who we own our identity to

I don't see this ending here, all egungun initiates should demand public apology and a fine
A fine from who...... Dude will only end up getting nothing with that figure
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by olapluto(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Iwo oni Qurani! Iwo lives by the Quran, and the masqueraders know this. Even within that ile Alagbaa, they have many Muslims. My family masquerade is in one tiny room waiting to be burnt as nobody is willing to put it on anymore.
But those masquerades used to be deadly in those days before Muslims stopped it. Sokoti will put his masquerade on and start using cutlass on people anyhow.
I am sure the masqueraders will apologise to the Muslim community and not repeat it again. Case closed
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
^^^ No Yoruba town lives by Arab laws nt even Ilorin

shehu kolapo gambari dare nt disrupt the egungun festival in Ilorin

3 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamord:

Inferiority complex of black people

Majority of us hate ourselves with disgust

It's jst so disgusting that black people wish to remain slaves to Arabs and Europeans

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by iamord(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof:

It's jst so disgusting that black people wish to remain slaves to Arabs and Europeans

Its all in the intellectual inferiority.. Look @ how the aisans are with their indigenous religions and contrast with us here..but on a serious note.. If nothing is done one the traditional sector I fear for the worst

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Only Traditional Religion can save the fate of Nigeria. If not asap, Nigeria will be destroyed. I want to work on a proper course of action in the coming days. All those with the right mind must come together and brainstorm. Its getting out of hand now.

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by iamord(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Only Traditional Religion can save the fate of Nigeria. If not asap, Nigeria will be destroyed. I want to work on a proper course of action in the coming days. All those with the right mind must come together and brainstorm. Its getting out of hand now.

I have had this same view for a long time.. Its the whole africa

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by lanrexdo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ask the gods. I careless about anything you say at the moment. Didn't it happen first hand to you?

macof:

Why should the muslims disrupt the traditions of the town?? funny thing is most of those idiiot muslims would nt be indigenes of Iwo

There's two scenarios here
1. The Arab slaves knew about the Egungun festival weeks ago like every other person in Iwo, but wanted to disrupt it by fixing their program at that time and refusing to end it when told in order to bring up a fight
As we know Arab slaves are pedoophiles and killers

2. They are not native to Iwo, they came from another town and don't know about Iwo's egungun festival... more reasons they can't dictate to sons of the land as slave foreigners
Ignorance is no excuse, The Priests of Iwo have announced the date of the festival weeks ago, in some Towns the dates are fixed as the same every year(not sure if this is the case for Iwo)

Egungun is a sacred masquerade in honor of the ancestors...it is said to draw the spirits of our ancestors into itself.

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by olapluto(m): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof: ^^^ No Yoruba town lives by Arab laws nt even Ilorin

shehu kolapo gambari dare nt disrupt the egungun festival in Ilorin
Go try am for Iwo. Just last week, Taawun 'arrested' a herbalist who has been using juju to con people. Iwo is not Ilorin.
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
olapluto:
Go try am for Iwo. Just last week, Taawun 'arrested' a herbalist who has been using juju to con people. Iwo is not Ilorin.

Try wat? Let Taawun try rubbish first anywhere in Osun state

I know you all aren't sons of the land, ur blood might be but not mind and soul, you don't mind taking to bombs for Allah like boko haram.
that's why I don't regard muslims and Christians as Yoruba, they are all bastrds

A fake herbalist surely needs to be punished, but then who says a fake herbalist is a pagan? Most of them are muslims trying to make cool cash in local places
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by Idrismusty97(m): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
PAGAN9JA: Only Traditional Religion can save the fate of Nigeria. If not asap, Nigeria will be destroyed. I want to work on a proper course of action in the coming days. All those with the right mind must come together and brainstorm. Its getting out of hand now.
You should be working on eradicating religion from Africa! Being slaves to ourselves is worst than being slaves to the Arabs and Europeans. Religion is a cursed on earth!

Masquerade’s Followers Kill Islamic Cleric In Abeokuta
https://www.nairaland.com/1178354/masquerades-followers-kill-islamic-cleric

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." — Blaise Pascal
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by AbdH: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
olapluto: Iwo oni Qurani! Iwo lives by the Quran, and the masqueraders know this. Even within that ile Alagbaa, they have many Muslims. My family masquerade is in one tiny room waiting to be burnt as nobody is willing to put it on anymore.
But those masquerades used to be deadly in those days before Muslims stopped it. Sokoti will put his masquerade on and start using cutlass on people anyhow.
I am sure the masqueraders will apologise to the Muslim community and not repeat it again. Case closed

Please burn the masquerade already. We don't want masquerades again.
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by AbdH: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof:

Try wat? Let Taawun try rubbish first anywhere in Osun state

I know you all aren't sons of the land, ur blood might be but not mind and soul, you don't mind taking to bombs for Allah like boko haram.
that's why I don't regard muslims and Christians as Yoruba, they are all bastrds

A fake herbalist surely needs to be punished, but then who says a fake herbalist is a pagan? Most of them are muslims trying to make cool cash in local places

You're just ranting on the cyberspace.
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: You should be working on eradicating religion from Africa! Being slaves to ourselves is worst than being slaves to the Arabs and Europeans. Religion is a cursed on earth!

This would not hav happened if the boko haram religion would not hav hindered traditional rituals or existed in our indigenous land .

Any retaliation against these foreign religions is justifiable by virtue and right.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
Any yoruba involved in religious dogmatism and fanatism deserves to be beheaded and his corpse feed to dogs.
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
AbdH:

You're just ranting on the cyberspace.

wat ranting? Task ur tawuun to eradicate egungun if they can grin

Omo eru osi
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: You should be working on eradicating religion from Africa! Being slaves to ourselves is worst than being slaves to the Arabs and Europeans. Religion is a cursed on earth!

Did u read the article at all or u blind to read that The Muslim was told to stay away? but used his okada to disturb the festival
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by Idrismusty97(m): 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof:

Did u read the article at all or u blind to read that The Muslim was told to stay away? but used his okada to disturb the festival
....And that is why they open fire at him? Such primitive thinking! You just justify the quote by Blaise Pascal even more. And someone is saying this traditional religions is only hope for Africa. LMAO! cheesy
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by Akanbiedu(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: ....And that is why they open fire at him? Such primitive thinking! You just justify the quote by Blaise Pascal even more. And someone is saying this traditional religions is only hope for Africa. LMAO! cheesy

You won this argument. A trophy for you.

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Idrismusty97: ....And that is why they open fire at him? Such primitive thinking! You just justify the quote by Blaise Pascal even more. And someone is saying this traditional religions is only hope for Africa. LMAO! cheesy

You ever heard of punishment to trespassers?

Btw there's hardly traditional religion in Yorubaland...we practice mainly pure spirituality nt religion

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Akanbiedu:

You won this argument. A trophy for you.

Another fool born of a slave

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by Francis5: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hehe! Awon omo were ti bere. Yoruba ti baje tele tele
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by Akanbiedu(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
macof:
Another fool born of a slave

You are the fhool here. This is the guy's quote again

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." — Blaise Pascal

This was your response to murder of another human being

macof:

In other words, you just justified the extra-judicial killing of another human being based on your religious conviction - which is in perfect consonance with the quote. This is even in a situation where traditionalists are in minority, what if they were majority. You are no different from Boko haram my friend.

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by AbdH: 1:46am On Oct 02, 2014
macof:

wat ranting? Task ur tawuun to eradicate egungun if they can grin

Omo eru osi

Aborisa na n'pe eyankan l'eru....orisirisi.
Sa rora ki o to se ara e l'ese.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Commit Suicide If Jonathan Is Re-elected!!! / Gej Really Meant Well For Nigerians, Here Is Why (pics) / Hhmm, This Thing Going On In Uganda? See what woman and woman are doing! Pics...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.