Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M (1436 Views)

FADAMA Promotes Agriculture In Malkohi IDP Camp Yola (photos) / Firm To Invest $100m In Rice Farming In Nigeria / Students Killed As Boko-Haram Attacks College Of Agriculture In Yobe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
[b]Anambra State Government yesterday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with an indigenous organisation, Ekcel Frams Limited, for the production of tomato and cassava. It was gathered that the undertaking would provide no fewer than 5,300 jobs in the first phase of its take off.
This development came on the heels of similar understanding between the state government and Joseph’s Farms on September 18, 2014 for rice production under the watch of Chief Willie Obiano.
Governor Obiano signed on behalf of the state government while oil magnate, Sir Emeka Okwuosa, chairman of Oil Serve Group, signed for Ekcel Farms, in Government House, Awka.
The signing ceremony was witnessed by some of the state commissioners including the former managing director of The Sun Publishing Limited, Mr. Tony Oyima, who is the Commissioner for Information, among others.
Also present were representatives of African Development Bank (ADB), Fidelity Bank Plc, an Italian company, Osterade Engineering and Manufacturing Company that will drive the initiative as well as prominent businessmen in the state like Chief Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Motors and Dr. Ifeanyi Okoyoe of Jwell Phamacy.
In his remarks, Okwuosa said he was coming home to farm “in an industrial manner” not to make money but to set up factories to produce tomato and cassava with a view to creating jobs.
“We look forward to producing 250 tons of tomato and 400 tons of cassava when we start. For that to happen, we are hoping to employ 3,500 persons directly and 1,800 persons indirectly.
“The intention is not just to cultivate cassava but to encourage farmers to go into cooperatives and produce cassava so that we can buy from them,” Okwuosa said.
According to him, he intended to set up a model agricultural venture in the state and requested for enabling environment and infrastructure such as electricity, although he assured that his orgnisation would generate electricity from gas.
Responding, Governor Obiano thanked Okwuosa for his initiative, stating that he was a man of strong commitment.
“I have known Sir Okuosa for a long time. Nothing he puts his mind on goes bad. I am happy that he is ‘thinking home’. We have repositioned security in Anambra State. This is an opportunity for investors to come here and invest,” the governor said.
He noted that as part of his commitment to attract investors to the state, his administration would give investors certificate of occupancy (C of O) just in four days, saying: “We want to make Anambra State a place everyone can do business.”
Speaking to newsmen, Okuosa said he was encouraged by the governor’s gesture, noting that it was a clear invitation to him and others to come home and invest. He said the signing of the MoU was a giant step towards making Anambra State better.
Expressing optimism that when the industry finally took off, security challenges in the state would be drastically reduced, ha said there would only be calm in the state if people were provided with jobs.
He said that was one area through which he wanted to contribute his quota to the development of the state, insisting that the effort was not to make money.[/b] cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by oneeast3: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hmm! I never knew the owner of Oil-Serve is from Anambra! He is equally the owner of the Ekcel Farms..whoa! Our big guys are really thinking home big time.. shocked

Anambra adigo mma for real.. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
oneeast3: Hmm! I never knew the owner of Oil-Serve is from Anambra! He is equally the owner of the Ekcel Farms..whoa! Our big guys are really thinking home big time.. shocked

I told you cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by oneeast3: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nwanne mu you said it oo..I believe you!

ak47mann: I told you cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
oneeast3: Nwanne mu you said it oo..I believe you!

Soon Anambra will start feeding the nation cool

1 Like

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Descartes: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Willie Obiano, Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat and Master Strategist. Indeed Anambra Adigo Mma.cool

3 Likes

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Descartes: Willie Obiano, Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat and Master Strategist. Indeed Anambra Adigo Mma.cool
Anambra Bu awkaaa okwuru,our land will be the next garden of Eden the way we are investing heavily in the state though food will be so cheap cool

2 Likes

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yea i saw it on my governors FB wall, very commendable, Anambra not Ebonyi anymore will soon be the food basket of the East, loving the conducive environment. Enough of seeing trucks load of foodstuffs coming from North while we have arable and fertile to till and eat from.

I wish my governor will relocate to Lagos and lure all those Igbo nay Anambra big boys with huge financial warchest to come a invest back home, if 50% of umu Anambra in Lagos will invest at home......hmmmm.

It doesnt matter if Obiano is hosting his security summit in Lagos as long as Anambra is safe and Umu Omambalas in Lagos are being lured with one get together or the other.

Think home, think home, i repeat think home, Obiano is good, Anambra is in a very credible hand,

Godbless all

congrats to me for coming back after almost 2 years layoff, am thinking of investing in tourism and Iron and Steel Production in Anambra State.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Energito: 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
Good news.
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Descartes: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
ak47mann: Anambra Bu awkaaa okwuru,our land will be the next garden of Eden the way we are investing heavily in the state though food will be so cheap cool
Omanbala nwelu mmadu cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Energito: 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=Chuksphil2go] Iron and Steel Production.this is where i want to put intrest.
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Signing in
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
Descartes: Omanbala nwelu mmadu cool
Is always been like that,chukwu goziri umu anambra too much cool

1 Like

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
A buro m onye na ekwu okwu na Nairalandi maka udi ndi ara juu ebe a, mana a ga m ekwu okwu ta.

Fa sii na Omambala nwuru anwu, mana o ya eme fa vum n'anya. Udi akuko si be anyi aputa kwa ubosi na enye m ezigbote obi uto. Aru na emezi kwa m polina polina.

4 Likes

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
Fantabulous ;This is the kind of news I like to hear...Akpokuedike is in the battle field to save the day.
More industries,my Governor...more industries...keep them coming.
We want to be the hub of industries in Nigeria.
With the way Akpokuedike is going before the end of his firsg tenure Anambra will become a Mega City/State. Everything is working for him and we are all solidly behind him. My joy knows no bound and I no fit shout.

Omanbala akwulubago!

1 Like

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
ak47mann: Soon Anambra will start feeding the nation cool

Haha,maybe. But lets feed ourselves first before we start thinking about others.
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
oneeast3: Hmm! I never knew the owner of Oil-Serve is from Anambra! He is equally the owner of the Ekcel Farms..whoa! Our big guys are really thinking home big time.. shocked

I tell you,nwanne. They are gradually coming home to invest.
I haven't seen Andy Ubah,Emeka Offor,Ifeanyi Ubah and Ibeto.
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Haha,maybe. But lets feed ourselves first before we start thinking about others.
We are doing that already this is why we have the lowest unemployment in nigeria cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Yes, iron and steel will be very lucrative in East because of the rate Igbos build and the type of structures they erect.

It pains me seeing those metal scraps leaving east to Ikeja, chaii, i know where to site the industry and how to market the products, Onicha have big building material markets and building is very big part of Igbo culture and economy.

Still have my mind made up, am going home soon, God will see this dream come true

[quote author=Energito][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
ak47mann: Anambra Bu awkaaa okwuru,our land will be the next garden of Eden the way we are investing heavily in the state though food will be so cheap cool

Nwanne,uche yi di na ife ana eme....Omanbala bu Okasi Akasi!
I have no doubt Anambra will soon become everybody's favourite destination for investment and tourism. The pace with which Obiano is moving is incomparable. We will grow food and grow it in excess ,it will be cheap in Anambra but we will make our money when they cross states.
There is also about 120 organizations who has shown interest to invest in Anambra....now thats a ffucking awesome development.
We want Anambra to be industrialized with good paying jobs and a news middle-class population.

1 Like

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by shizzle11(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
Anambra, the light of the nation.

Proudly Anambrarian
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
I think Ibeto is trying shaa, though tribal bigot Obasanjo wanted to sink his business inorder to please his masters.

Ibeto is trying, Andy Uba i dont know about that man and how rich he is, Emeka Offor need to come and open something abeg, Blaze FM is a far cry from what we xpect of someone like him, his so called Emeka Offo plaza would have been a saving grace for him if it were to be a 20storey skyscraper adorning the city skyline.

Ifeanyi Uba has a small tank farm in Nnewi, i dnt know how solvent his business is now considering the way he is too visible in the political arena of PDP while abandoning his biz.

What Anambra need is constant workshops and seminars everywhere inorder to attract more investors, ANSG need to orgainize things like these so that those Onicha big importers will see the reason to invest in manufacturing instead of buying and selling, we need to move away from retailing to manufacturing, we are getting there though because peeps like Ibeto, Innoson, Orangedrugs, et where once into retailing.

We need a mindset overhaul downeast, moving toward manufacturing should be the watchword now and that is what am seeing Obiano singing in the ears of the people.

OdenigboAroli:

2 Likes

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nwanne,uche yi di na ife ana eme....Omanbala bu Okasi Akasi!
I have no doubt Anambra will soon become everybody's favourite destination for investment and tourism. The pace with which Obiano is moving is incomparable. We will grow food and grow it in excess ,it will be cheap in Anambra but we will make our money when they cross states.
There is also about 120 organizations who has shown interest to invest in Anambra....now thats a ffucking awesome development.
We want Anambra to be industrialized with good paying jobs and a news middle-class population.
Okwu di ya nwanne,anyi ga na aga na iru no going back cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by Surplus90(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
here in onitsha...its good news everyday from obiano...everybody loves him...ndi anambra its really time to come home

1 Like

Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
Chuksphil2go: I think Ibeto is trying shaa, though tribal bigot Obasanjo wanted to sink his business inorder to please his masters.

Ibeto is trying, Andy Uba i dont know about that man and how rich he is, Emeka Offor need to come and open something abeg, Blaze FM is a far cry from what we xpect of someone like him, his so called Emeka Offo plaza would have been a saving grace for him if it were to be a 20storey skyscraper adorning the city skyline.

Ifeanyi Uba has a small tank farm in Nnewi, i dnt know how solvent his business is now considering the way he is too visible in the political arena of PDP while abandoning his biz.

What Anambra need is constant workshops and seminars everywhere inorder to attract more investors, ANSG need to orgainize things like these so that those Onicha big importers will see the reason to invest in manufacturing instead of buying and selling, we need to move away from retailing to manufacturing, we are getting there though because peeps like Ibeto, Innoson, Orangedrugs, et where once into retailing.

We need a mindset overhaul downeast, moving toward manufacturing should be the watchword now and that is what am seeing Obiano singing in the ears of the people.

Exactly,my brother; You couldn't have said it any better.
We need to bring those Onitsha and Lagos traders from our state,organize a seminar and educate them on the need and gain of forming a corporate body. They need to start thinking production and less importation. Their mindset need to change and its possible but it will take some time because some of them are not very educated and as so has little or no knowledge of modern investment. I know Obiano talked about it sometime ago but everything cant happen same time.
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Ifeanyi uba invested heavily in onitsha and nnewi, ya na ibeto nwere factories di iche iche na nnewi, ibeto main office factory/complex base in nnewi later spread from there to other states in nigeria,though his companies employ more than 3 thousand people in Anambra . Emeka offor invested mostly in oil&gas and agriculture.

Andy uba i cant tell much about him cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
ak47mann: Ifeanyi uba invested heavily in onitsha and nnewi, ya na ibeto nwere factories di iche iche na nnewi, ibeto main office factory/complex base in nnewi later spread from there to other states in nigeria,though his companies employ more than 3 thousand people in Anambra . Emeka offor invested mostly in oil&gas and agriculture.

Andy uba i can tell much about him cool

Thats great,talking about the Anaedo's. They always see investments in their land as a thing of pride. Emeka Offor is just a money miss road...That guy could be the richest Nigerian if he want.
If Ifeanyi Ubah was as rich as he is he would have given Dangote a run for his money.
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
Surplus90: here in onitsha...its good news everyday from obiano...everybody loves him...ndi anambra its really time to come home
Time to start coming home na Anambra adi go mma cool
Re: Big Boost To Agriculture In Anambra State As Ekcel Farms Moves To Invest $100M by ak47mann(m): 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Thats great,talking about the Anaedo's. They always see investments in their land as a thing of pride. Emeka Offor is just a money miss road...That guy could be the richest Nigerian if he want.
If Ifeanyi Ubah was as rich as he is he would have given Dangote a run for his money.
You are right about emeka offor because he has so much control on nigerian institutes of purchasing and supplies cool

(1) (Reply)

The Politics Of General Muhammadu Buhari / Governor Chibuike Amaechi Emerged As Muhammadu Buhari Running Mate / Prof. Wole Soyinka Endorses Goodluck Jonathan For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.